How Many Handhelds Do We Really Need?

hub2

Believe it or not the GP32 offered me a side to gaming that i had never seen before and changed the way i buy and play games.

How did it offer a side to gaming you had never seen before?

In what way did it change the way you buy and play games?

Snes works almost full speed with no sound or slowly with sound, IIRC - you need to check the GP32 emulator sites forums. MD is pretty good, as is PCEngine and Atari ST and scumm. I assume 8 bit systems are fine, but again needs looking into. Thats why this new generation of portables are so exciting for me... all of them will be powerful enough to emulate SNES/MD and the rest of the 16bit machines without much trouble - maybe even mame. I'm more than willing to pay the price to be able to play classic SNES RPG's on the go. Or all my old Amiga favourites. ;)

Edit: Oh btw, the forum of the site linked to in the first post has rumours that the machine may be upgradable (GPRS? Camera?) and tantalisingly the possbility of a 2.5" HD. ;)

Snes works almost full speed with no sound or slowly with sound, IIRC - you need to check the GP32 emulator sites forums. MD is pretty good, as is PCEngine and Atari ST and scumm. I assume 8 bit systems are fine, but again needs looking into. Thats why this new generation of portables are so exciting for me... all of them will be powerful enough to emulate SNES/MD and the rest of the 16bit machines without much trouble - maybe even mame. I'm more than willing to pay the price to be able to play classic SNES RPG's on the go. Or all my old Amiga favourites. :D

Edit: Oh btw, the forum attched site linked to in the first post has rumours that the machine may be upgradable (GPRS? Camera?) and tantalisingly the possbility of a 2.5" HD. :rolleyes:

The prospect of playing SNES titles on the DS would be ace. And also Speccy, CPC and C64 titles would be enhanced by the touchscreen representing the keyboard, so you don't have to call up obscuring menus just to hit a certain key to start the game or whatnot.

SOLD

another GP is definately coming.

i was about to get a GP32 late last year, but didn't..

i will definately get this one, GP32 has a huge home dev/emulator scene and they will jump on this right away, no doubt. there will be emulators for every system for this one in no time.

A new GamePark could live in the market because it's an open platform, makes all it's money from hardware and fills a niche.

The GP32 was a success because whilst it didn't have any real commercial games on it, there were plenty of homebrew projects to keep it going. Gizmondo on the other hand has neither so it doesn't really have anything to sell to anyone.