Addons

Tzigone

For about the last month now we have been using an addon in our guild called Guild Event Manager and it's made life so much easier.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1592

edit: it can be used to arrange any events you like, 5/10/15/20/40 man events, non instance events etc.. it's basically a calendar of events to which people can sign up.

Description :

----------------

This AddOn allows you to create/schedule/manage future raid instance directly in-game. Players can register (join) and reserve a room for your instance, or cancel subscription.

You can setup a maximum players for your event, as well as the min/max per class.

When a player wants to join and there is no room left for his class, he is put in a *substitute* queue, waiting for someone to cancel his subscription.

The leader of an event does not have to be logged in for a player to subscribe.

This addon has been designed to help guilds to schedule events, and its member to say *I'll be there*, and count the number of players that are ok for an instance.

It does work for multiple guilds (kind of Alliance of guilds), if you want, or even with your friend list.

Shame its makes the game really laggy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been playing around with a mod called Catalyst the last couple of days. The last couple of months or so, I had been finding that entering/exiting instances or travelling between continents would lead to a rather annoying 30-50 second loading screen gap but since installing this mod, that's down to around 5 seconds for entering instances and around 10-15 on leaving them. Something to do with preventing other mods from loading until after the area has been done. Don't ask me for details and the like, man, I just spam shadow bolts and kill shit but yes, it's proving very good so far.

I have been playing around with a mod called Catalyst the last couple of days.

Think I'll give Catalyst a try (it might become obsolete in 1.11, but who knows when that'll arrive). I can also recommend WarmUp, which tells you how much memory and load-time each individual addon uses.

There's a priceless post on the US addon forums about Catalyst. Seems some GMs really don't know their arse from their elbow. Clicky.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with discord action bar addon, is there anyway to make it so if i hold the "alt" key, it makes the spell self cast?

I use dab and have no problems alt self casting with my priest. Have you locked the toolbars + icons in place? that might be the problem.

Got the latest version of Atlas?

of course not. I'm far too lazy to be updating mods all the time.

Oh! And there's something new about the new ctraid. Something like, no need for having to spam a channel for it or something. But only if everyone has the newest version.

Oh! And there's something new about the new ctraid. Something like, no need for having to spam a channel for it or something. But only if everyone has the newest version.

New API Functions

* Add-ons can send hidden chat messages to players in the party, raid or guild, using SendAddonMessage("prefix", "message", "PARTY"|"RAID"|"GUILD"|"BATTLEGROUND"). When players receive these messages, a new event "CHAT_MSG_ADDON" is sent, with arg1-arg3 being the parameters to SendAddonMessage(), and arg4 being the name of the player that sent it. The combined length of "prefix" and "message" must be less than or equal to 254 bytes.

Check all your addons that use sync-channels and make sure you have the newest versions of them (if they've been updated for 1.12 yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit.

So, after a few days of fucking around I've got pretty much all of my addons working again, except one.

MiniGroup2. I can't right click targets (inspect/trade etc) and clicking party members in the party frame does nothing, which isn't too helpful. Any ideas? It says the version I have is out of date (no shit) but I'm sure it's the latest and my friend uses the same version and has no problems.

:(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, new WoW player here, is there a general consensus on which interface mods are the best? I noticed one that has Goldeneye style health and mana bars which seems popular, is it any good?

Personal preference to be honest.

I love using a HUD to keep track of my health and mana but I can understand why others don't get on with it.

The best thing to do is to browse sites like Curse Gaming. Just see what you like the look of, try them out and see. There are a few mods that people use, a lot of which are mentioned in this thread.

• 1 month later...

wowace.com/files

That's where I get all my addons from, pretty much anything you could wish for is there - and everything there has very low memory usage.

First post here btw, been browsing for ages, thought it was time to sign up. ;)