The Apprentice

the_debaser

Alan Sugar is amazing. I want to be like him when I grow up.

Anyway, just like to say that I thought the start of this show was great. That bloke was dead good at selling the flowers. Most of the 14 do seem like complete wankers though.

So, like Pop Idol then, except with less Simon Cowell and music, and more Alan Sugar and... er... money making.

We're on the 3rd Season with Trump over in the US and I have to say its "naughty pleasure" TV, the only reality TV I watch.

Trump is so funny, and I love the way they big up his richness, by having him teleconference in from a helicopter and such (which is so obviously set up fake, but who cares).

The fact that he has the money to go around faking that sort of thing for the hell of it, probably says more about his wealth and lifestyle than if it was actually a practical solution to deal with a busy shedule.

I could never watch the Trump ones though, the hair is too much of a distraction.

I preferred the Trump one really, but that was the first episode... Wasn't the American one only 30 minutes per episode? I think an hour is a bit too much...

Nah, and hour minimum. Sometimes 2 hours, and the finale episode of last season was a ridiculous 3 hours long.

I absolutely loved this program.I had reservations about it at first.Far too many wannabe entrepreneurs who thought they were hot shots and up their own arses but after ten minutes of establishing that the program makers thought they were fools as well you just knew it would be entertaining.

Alan Sugar came across well as a complete bastard who seemed to love putting the contestants in their place.You could see the joy at the printing plant when he told the suited eager teams that they would be selling flowers and not some high concept money making scheme.

The two teams were great but hats off to the girls team.I thought they had disaster written all over them and the fact they made a profit was admirable.Their 'project manager' though was definitely from the Brent school of team work!

Loved the final scene in the boardroom when the three were sweating it.The blonde girl should have gone though as she really pissed of Sugar by selling those flowers at a loss!

Although the fact she had an argument with her project manager means that there should be more fireworks between those two over the next few weeks.

This has become one of my favourites on TV at the moment and if they can keep up the quality throughout the series I am hooked.

Sugar didn't seem a twat to me.

That fucking girl that was the team leader should have been fired as well as the other two. She displayed possibly the least understanding I've ever seen in getting people working together, and seems to think 'team leader' means 'annoying dictator'.

Sugar didn't seem a twat to me.

That fucking girl that was the team leader should have been fired as well as the other two. She displayed possibly the least understanding I've ever seen in getting people working together, and seems to think 'team leader' means 'annoying dictator'.

Didnt think he was a twat.Just a ruthless businessman.Which is ok in my books.

And the project manager of the girls should have been sacked.I was more amazed they sacked the girl they did after the other two seemed determined to fuck things up.

And both the team names were just appaling.First Forte and Impact.You couldn't makle that kind of crap up!

I enjoyed it, but I was unsure for a while whether it was being serious or a very clever spoof. In my defence I was slightly addled at the time of viewing.

The scary thing is that it IS serious.There really are people like that out in the real world.

And isn't the salary only £100K for the winner.Not that much for budding entrepreneurs is it?

The moment the girl who got fired sealed her fate, was when she talked about her ignored idea, "To phone up funeral directors in the middle of the night and sell them the flowers."

Literally the most unbelievably stupid idea in the whole history of business. And yes, I include the Sinclair C5 and Hoover flights in that.

I've just got round to watching this, and I thought it was great. Sugar was brilliant.

The woman who was the PM of the girls team needs to sort herself out, but I'm glad the one who got fired was...er...the one who got fired. She seemed to have nothing going for her, whereas the other two at least seemed to have some motivation and drive. Although that PM needed a good bitchslap.

There's gonna be some hormones flying around in the girls team now! Roll on next week...