Chav'ed Nintendo Ds

Cyhwuhx

Theres no difference between retail units and display pods, its just stupid idiots using the display units have no respect.

Also, some wise soul at Nintendo obviously thought that providing metal stylus' to operate the system was a good idea.... wrong! Even these brainless scumbags have worked out that you simply pop off the little plastic tip, and you can scratch the screen to hell...

I tend to call them 'speelochtoon' in Dutch. Which equates to any kid hogging any demopod for the sole reason of not having a consoles/handheld themselves. Lose track of some and they'll stay for literally hours.

I remember that from when the xbox was launched and they had a row of demopods at the Mediamarkt. It was always the same guys playing, no matter what day or at what time you entered the store. Amazing really.

Gamestation in Norwich has had a DS pod for about a week now and 3 days after they had it, Sony/GAME must have taken a contract out on the DS because the screen is actually peelabl and is cracked, straight through the screen!!

The stylus has also been ripped off and the top screen is just as bad as the bottom.

Worst ever, i will try and get a pic tomorrow.

Went into town today to check out the DS. the one at Game had no stylus and had run out of power but the screen was ok.

The Gamestation one had the stylus ripped off by some cock and the screen was scratched to arse. It did have power though so I played Wario using only my index finger and managed to get through 24 levels. Seemed like the touch interface worked well and I'm considering getting one.

The one in Game's Fargate branch in Sheffield was scratched to fuck last week when I went in and the unit was switched off. It was like someone had gripped the stylus in their fist and scribbled as hard as they possibly could (this is likely a good reason for me not to buy Mario 64 as, if I can't win that fucking penguin race, I'll probably do the same...:( ) .

One of the staff was demoing to customers with another DS that he was carrying around (in a firm grip).

.::: Nintendo replaced ours btw. That's pretty quick. They did forget to lock it into auto-boot mode, though. So I set the thing into PictoChat mode and have been annoying customers by sending messages from my own DS. Fun. :)

Multiplayer Catch! Touch! Yoshi! and SM64DS also seem to be approved. This can get even more fun in the shop when everybody has their own DS.

Went into town today to check out the DS. the one at Game had no stylus and had run out of power but the screen was ok.

The Gamestation one had the stylus ripped off by some cock and the screen was scratched to arse. It did have power though so I played Wario using only my index finger and managed to get through 24 levels. Seemed like the touch interface worked well and I'm considering getting one.

A similar story...the one at GAME Cheltenham had no stylus and was very scratched, but I was able to get through a load of the intro minigames using my index finger. At times it took a while to respond but I think that that was due to the battery. All in all, not bad considering the lack of stylus.

I'm noticing a pattern now, I walked into both GAMEs in (eugeheuegh) Meadowhall and the pods were still there, probably broken (I couldnt be bothered to play a demo of a game I own already) but GAME staff were urging people to try their supervised demonstrations instead.

I've worked out why the screens are so scratched-to-fuck!

The metal stylus supplied with the demo pods has a plastic 'tip' which is screen-safe. However, the plastic tip is too easy to remove. Once it's been removed, the metal stylus will carve through the screen like a hot blade through churned dairy products.

The metal stylus supplied with the demo pods has a plastic 'tip' which is screen-safe. However, the plastic tip is too easy to remove. Once it's been removed, the metal stylus will carve through the screen like a hot blade through churned dairy products.

panel-sherlock.jpg

'No shit'

So it's you who's behind all the DS abuse. Someone! Call the fuzz!

Do you think Nintendo fucked up on the design of screen as there is so many damaged ones around. I wonder how much will it cost to replace 5,000 DS on display. Let say 75 quids each that should be 375 grand OwW !!!

Errr its pretty easy to fuck up any handheld console.

Just bring along a pair of compasses and scratch away.

What's all this about people saying the battery is run down in their local shops pods? Doesn't it draw power from the mains? The demo pod I've seen certainly seems to.

.::: Some retailers unplug it, letting the DS survive on whatever is left in it's battery. You can check this by looking at the streetlight above the DS. If unlit the DS is disconnected.

Fantastic little factoid, I know.