So How Do Treasure Do It?

squirtle

A couple of years ago I bought Bangai-O from GameStation for £5... then returned it the next day because I wasn't very impressed at all, which I now regret doing. :D Also, I doubt it was just because of that one game, but after I played it my DC started acting up, with sound skipping in games.

Bangai-o is shit too remember.

Ikaruga and Gunstar Heroes are the best treasure games, with RSG coming up third. The rest of them are... okay.

You forgot Dynamite Heady, Alien Soldier and Guardian Heroes - which are better than merely "okay". They're truly great.

You forgot Dynamite Heady, Alien Soldier and Guardian Heroes - which are better than merely "okay". They're truly great.

Seriously, Dynamite Heady is okay, Alien Soldier is okay, and Guardian Heroes was a total waste of time.

Of course, the great thing about opinions is... :D

Does anyone think the control in Bangio could be better?

It feels odd at first play. You DO get used to it, but its all that Dpad pushing that can get uncomfy

Like Alien Soldier, Treasure do sometimes makes games frustratingly hard to control, for the sheer sake of it.

In the above example, theres no need to make the controls they way they have.

To be completely honest, I reckon Bangai-O's a stinking pile of poo.

To be completely honest, I reckon Bangai-O's a stinking pile of poo.

yeah, with bangaio you must play it with the non defalt control settings (where the buttons on the right of the DC pad are to shoot up, left, down and right (and can do diagonal), but the best was is the N64 version with the "Left" controller holding style....

Busters bad dream is bad... it looks like some test game (with its dodgy helth bars and stuff), looks to me like Astro Boy 0.5 as its fighting bits are simerler...

Also Mischif Makers is grand (see aviator)....

yeah, with bangaio you must play it with the non defalt control settings (where the buttons on the right of the DC pad are to shoot up, left, down and right (and can do diagonal), but the best was is the N64 version with the "Left" controller holding style....

Busters bad dream is bad... it looks like some test game (with its dodgy helth bars and stuff), looks to me like Astro Boy 0.5 as its fighting bits are simerler...

Also Mischif Makers is grand (see aviator)....

Busters Bad Dream is fun for about 5 minutes.

I rom'd it and started playing and went "god... this is astro boy, there is potential for fun"

5 minutes later I'd passed the first level after dying maybe 4 or 5 times, then went to the second level after killing Elmira. Only to realise that it was exactly the same (albeit with different enemy sprites) only with the difficulty level increased tenfold. So I persisted to try and finish the game and after maybe 5 or 6 hours I beat it. Saw the ending and thought "right that was fucking terrible"

Second the ending finished, it mentioned something about not all of the people in the dream being saved.. and immediately shunted me into the exact same game albeit with each level increased tenfold in difficulty again. Switched off immediately, and will be forever pissed at Treasure for ruining what had previously been a fairly decent gaming franchise. Bastards!

Every time they do a new game,it pricks peoples ears up.

(Like their next PSP shmup)

*ears prick up*

Huh?

Anyway - back to the Bangai-O cramp thing. I think it's down to the way you have to hold the DC pad, as I never had any trouble playing Smash TV for hours on end with the SNES pad.

Also, Freak Out = pish.

Treasure dont 'Do it'. Its mainly just a bunch of idiots who believe everything written by companies in Japan are gods gift to them and they must by the japanese versions of every single game going. Especially western releases because the box art is so much better and not knowing any of the plot makes the game SO much more fun because you have to struggle to know what you're doing. And they will moan about any game that does not have a japanese version because it'll mess up their carefully sculptured line of boxes that are catagorised in alpha order, genre order and in order of how god like the publisher is and what mark their cover was scored out of ten.

Treasure have made some fantastically fun games, like Sin and punishment which is a lot of mess about fun. But a lot of gamers on forums, especially on import forums go on like treasure make the best games ever, they dont. Just because they make japanese exclusives does not make them the best company in the world.

Treasure dont 'Do it'. Its mainly just a bunch of idiots who believe everything written by companies in Japan are gods gift to them and they must by the japanese versions of every single game going. Especially western releases because the box art is so much better and not knowing any of the plot makes the game SO much more fun because you have to struggle to know what you're doing. And they will moan about any game that does not have a japanese version because it'll mess up their carefully sculptured line of boxes that are catagorised in alpha order, genre order and in order of how god like the publisher is and what mark their cover was scored out of ten.

Treasure have made some fantastically fun games, like Sin and punishment which is a lot of mess about fun. But a lot of gamers on forums, especially on import forums go on like treasure make the best games ever, they dont. Just because they make japanese exclusives does not make them the best company in the world.

Some good points(i do sense a anti Treasure/i cant read japanese thing going on in there too thou :lol:)

I personally would say that there one of my favorate companies, not that they make the best games (though they do have some qualty you have to admit), but i get a lot of fun out of them.... my most played GBA game is Hajime No Ippo (ive seen the anime so know whats happening and games faqs me do for moves, and usese origanal japanese voice actors)

also... is it just me... or am i the only one that find moments in Sin and Punishment really really boring (like the battleships/flying sky level where you need to deflect the missles back at the boats/planes for example)...

I don't think there's any need to bash treasure,I respect them cuz they have integrity and on the whole released creative original games of wich 60% have been really good fun to play.

they make games (mostly) for gamers and not slack jawed middle american morons.

Some good points(i do sense a anti Treasure/i cant read japanese thing going on in there too thou :))

Its not an anti treasure thing, its more an anti treasure fan boy, most of which can be found over at NTSC-UK, where by they will buy only, and only the japanese version of a product because it is japanese. And its the same for treasure, they make loads of good games (many not to my tastes such as Raident Silvergun, but i can see why people love it) but some of the import fanboys go on and on and will buy anything with the treasure name on it. And only because they are a japanese company and teh HARDCORE!!!!1111oneoneone and only realy 50 copies of each game and come in cute boxes and have loads of text which they cant read meaning its much better than the american version with its horrible slang and what ever else they moan about.

Id love to read japanese too, but these fan boys will buy the jap version of zelda and complain about a localised version because it gives far too much away and has corner lines. But because they cant read japanese they dont realise it probably has corny lines in too.

I wouldnt bash treasure because they have made some of my fave games like dynamtie heady, and Ikari on the Spectrum which is soooooo Good. And i didnt even know treasure made that till like last year.

But i do think some import fan boys hold them in too high a regard because they are seen as this hardcore games company and are teh se110ut when making that macdonalds game. ¬_¬

Its not an anti treasure thing, its more an anti treasure fan boy, most of which can be found over at NTSC-UK, where by they will buy only, and only the japanese version of a product because it is japanese. And its the same for treasure, they make loads of good games (many not to my tastes such as Raident Silvergun, but i can see why people love it) but some of the import fanboys go on and on and will buy anything with the treasure name on it. And only because they are a japanese company and teh HARDCORE!!!!1111oneoneone and only realy 50 copies of each game and come in cute boxes and have loads of text which they cant read meaning its much better than the american version with its horrible slang and what ever else they moan about.

Id love to read japanese too, but these fan boys will buy the jap version of zelda and complain about a localised version because it gives far too much away and has corner lines. But because they cant read japanese they dont realise it probably has corny lines in too.

I wouldnt bash treasure because they have made some of my fave games like dynamtie heady, and Ikari on the Spectrum which is soooooo Good. And i didnt even know treasure made that till like last year.

But i do think some import fan boys hold them in too high a regard because they are seen as this hardcore games company and are teh se110ut when making that macdonalds game. ¬_¬

You must be going to a different ntsc-uk to me then. I can't say I've come across any members like you've just described over there.

You must be going to a different ntsc-uk to me then. I can't say I've come across any members like you've just described over there.

There certainly are a few on there...the kind that make sure all their games remain shrink wrapped and cut a slit on the bottom to slide the game out...or theres worse where they buy special shrink wrapping packs, sorta like dust sleaves to put over their games. :)

I have no idea why you decided to post all this shite, as that's what it all is, shite.

Have you even played Gradius V? I didn't know it was a Treasure game, thought it was developed by Konami.

Fucking stunning game.

Same goes for Bangai-O, didn't know until after I played it that they developed it. Same with Astro Boy now I come to think of it.

So yeah, you're wrong, and bitter.

also... is it just me... or am i the only one that find moments in Sin and Punishment really really boring (like the battleships/flying sky level where you need to deflect the missles back at the boats/planes for example)...

:)

Got to be my favorite level in any game ever.

I've got an N64 setup on my desk in work, and Sin & Punishment is the only game that sit in the slot. it might as well be a Sin & Punishment console.

The battleship level to me is mind blowing; its the way the flight path gets more and more crazy at the level progresses, flying upside down, with the top of your head nearly touching the ocean is crazy. Also in the balance of the level, there is so much to shoot at, replay value to top score is a great challenge,