Super Monkey Ball 2

ryodi

Exactly. The Gamecube's control stick is perfect for Monkey Ball- why the fuck would anybody want to play with anything else?

people who love the arcade? i love the arcade so.. ;) i prefer the control on that over the gamecube's. playing it on the gamecube was weird to me in the beginning, but got used to it. i think it will be good on PS2 too, when you get used to it. well, let's see how it plays when it arrives..

anyway, and this really bothers me, people are so quick on judging games. almost everyone were so quick on bashing Tekken 5 after reading the GamesTM preview last year.. and it turned out ace. you can't judge a game that's hasn't been played or even finished..

er, no.

some of the levels have nothing to do with skill at all.

if anything, most of the levels are stupidly easy and the rest are just shit and random.

The hardest bunch in 2 ( including MASTER and MASTER EXTRA ) are still skill-based. The only difference is unlike the original, you need to learn the timing to some levels. Much like learning Ikaruga, doing it again and again like a memory game.

The true RANDOM levels are on World 10 in Story Mode. These levels don't appear in challenge, and rightfully so, because these levels do require some luck.

As for the rest, easy? Yes. For an expert.

Ei-ei-poo!

anyway, and this really bothers me, people are so quick on judging games. almost everyone were so quick on bashing Tekken 5 after reading the GamesTM preview last year.. and it turned out ace. you can't judge a game that's hasn't been played or even finished..

How is it judging a game before I've played it? I own both SMB 1 and 2 for the Gamecube, and as far as I know SMB Deluxe is just both of them bunged together. The octagonal border around the GC's control stick makes it perfect for Monkey Ball, so it can only be worse with a Dual Shock controller.

How is it judging a game before I've played it? I own both SMB 1 and 2 for the Gamecube, and as far as I know SMB Deluxe is just both of them bunged together.

Except with 40 or so new levels, which will be nice to see what they've done.

But yes, they might as well make a specific banana-controller then let people use the PS2 pads.

Yeah, but it was mostly positive.

Still saying that - it was a logical progression for the genre really.

Why not make it more about puzzle then action?

They could always make a number 3 and revert back to the speed levels.

I must admit, the puzzles were very cool in parts and there was a certain scale to them not evident in many games.

I'm still stuck on the bouncing exit level, which is not very far in i know.

I'd suggest picking up SMB1 (if you are not getting Deluxe on the PS2/XBox). It's only £10.99 from Simplygames or £12.99 from Gamestation and the single player mode is fantastic with flawless level design compared to the weak sequel.