Illustration Club

stan

Gunstar you are on fire in both quantity and quality, its the kind of stuff that really inspires me to try the processes I can see being used :lol:

Also loving the fonts and line work going on in your posters Cleandemon, I do hope you're keeping a few of the actual print outs and hanging them somewhere.

And FargalEX I need to make some time to join in with a paint chat next month, maybe even have a rllmuk paintchat session some time ^_^

There was an animation posted long time ago on this page that I am finding hard to locate. It was produced by a group of (French?) students and it was set near a lake I think. It had 3d elements but was shot as a 2d animation, great piece of work. Would anyone help me find it please?

There was an animation posted long time ago on this page that I am finding hard to locate. It was produced by a group of (French?) students and it was set near a lake I think. It had 3d elements but was shot as a 2d animation, great piece of work. Would anyone help me find it please?

Well if it is by French students I'm guessing it is a Gobelins short film. Could it be Le lac gelé (Frozen Lake)?

OMG so not worthy! THANK YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE :) :)

lordcookie> I don't have a bigger size unfortunately. What size is your desktop res for future reference?

Hmmm should start a specific rllmuk flavoured desktop thread and get all the great artists on here to post their original wallpapers..

2uxuyrc.jpg

lordcookie> I don't have a bigger size unfortunately. What size is your desktop res for future reference?

Hmmm should start a specific rllmuk flavoured desktop thread and get all the great artists on here to post their original wallpapers..

Shame that you don't have a bigger size I was even contemplating seeing if you were willing to sell it in print/canvas form. Anyway my res is 1280x1024. I think a forum wallpaper thread would be great too.

2uxuyrc.jpg

Your use of colour in the last few pieces has been stunning.

Well if it is by French students I'm guessing it is a Gobelins short film. Could it be Le lac gelé (Frozen Lake)?

Thanks a lot for looking pal, but its not this one. Great animation though!

Set near a lake..anything else you can remember about it?

Hmmm, I know it was a work by a group of graduating students, I think they were French, but not sure. There was a lake and a giant monster of some sorts in it. And the animation was of a chase or a run that lead to the lake. I remember water, and absolutely beautiful scenery. The enviroment was in 3d but made to look 2d. Ah, was so pretty. I am so annoyed I cant find it. I am kind of sure it was posted here but I've looked through most of the pages of this thread and cant seem to find it.

And the last piece by Gunstar is just crazy!! You've got mad skills man. Do you have a site or something that we could check all your work in? I can not believe you're not making a living doing this, I see many illustrators and painters and I would say your work is much better than the vast majority.

Perhaps contact ImagineFX and try and get some work published?

Tell us more about your process, do you have references? How long have you been doing this? How hard is it to start digital painting?

Aye thats the one!! How did you find it?!!!

I was actually just starting back from page one, having made the default posts per page about a 100, therefore only having to go through 43 pages. I just wanted to add something to my description when i saw your reply. Thanks a lot man. I am really fascinated by the integration of 3d models into 2d animation and thought that was one of the better examples out there.

Thanks guys! too kind.

Fargal> I usually do it the same res as the ref pic, will try and do something bigger!

Rahman> Making of Apres la pluie: http://vimeo.com/2359165 some concept art form the animation on here: http://manueltanontchi.blogspot.com/ (I found the blog awhile ago and always have it open in a firefox tab!)

I don't have a site but here's my blog: http://midisurf.blogspot.com. Digital painting is pretty easy I'd say, way more forgiving than natural media, if something doesn't look right you can change it without starting over! I know it's a pretty well worn conception but doing a lot of studies really does help and is the best way to learn the tools.

Yeah I remember just after I graduated, Gobelins films like Le Building and La Migration Bigoudenn started popping up on the internet which were both awesome as well as a little deflating to watch, but those guys do work in small teams to create those films which is always an advantage - it took me a while to get it into my head that creating animated films on that scale was never meant to be a solitary pursuit.

More importantly though, I realised that everyone has their own unique perspective on things, which is something that can't be matched, let alone 'outperformed' by someone else.

By the way Fargal, you ever plan on going back to finish your film? Or have you left it as is and moved on?

Oh and Gunstar, some wonderful colour choices on all your work these past couple of posts. :omg: