Illustration Club

stan

Would a pencil drawing count as an illustration? I've not done any drawing since I was fourteen, and my girlfriend has encouraged me to take it up again.

I did a drawing last week, and was surprised at how it turned out. I'd like some critique really, or ideas of how to get better. Would this be the place to post it?

nice sketch, nice arse. I think you`ve got the proportions about right, just a little more detail on the toes. you`ve done very well with the fingers on the right hand. Just one thing I dont like to do with charcoal is smudging.It shows control over the medium if you can achieve the mid tones without resorting to that. More please.

nice sketch, nice arse. I think you`ve got the proportions about right, just a little more detail on the toes. you`ve done very well with the fingers on the right hand. Just one thing I dont like to do with charcoal is smudging.It shows control over the medium if you can achieve the mid tones without resorting to that. More please.

It's actually pencil, not charcoal, but I assume your advice still stands?

Looks good, Penitent! keep posting :)

Thank you, amazing picture btw, what medium is it?

Here is a picture I did for my girlfriend for Christmas, it was the first photograph we had taken together.

I reduced it down to two tones on the pc, and used that as a template to make this picture, which I cut out of white card and placed on a black background.

You'll have to click the link to view. This will take you to Twit Pic, where the picture is hosted.

http://twitpic.com/tromp

Congratulations on the job, Sam. Hopefully now the art direction will improve because they make some bloody ugly looking games.

Jesus face LC, I'm not an art director. Anyway, really lovely work Matt. I think I like the first and last of those the most! Go go woodenface people!

Yeah man, been working at Rare for the past week and a bit now, having such a good time there! Been doing super secret character design concepts. Back at home for Christmas right now~

Nice one Fargal. I love your stuff, so it's good to hear it's getting the recognition it deserves.

Gunstar, your work is amazing. :hat: