IGNORED

Illustration Club

stan

I am the thread killer. Latest in my psychopathic art rubbishness:

11970602824_5b0df197cb_c.jpg

Which was drawn in Adobe Photoshop Touch on a Tesco Hudl with the Jot Script stylus. Which astounded me as I really didn't think it would connect but everything I've thrown the script at (Galaxy S4/iPhone 3G/Hudl and iPad) it's connected to brilliantly. It's a real shame that it doesn't have pressure sensitivity because if it did it might well be the perfect screen scribble stick. As it is it's just very fab indeed...

11977953783_61dc3cba3d_c.jpg

...also drew the stylus in ArtRage as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a play with the Android and computer Cintiq which to be frank I almost disliked. For the money yes I'd suggest a Surface Pro too.

They do a 40 day trial only pay for it if you keep it (I think). No idea on finance though. Apple store does finance and also sells Cintiqs I think?

If I had money I get the Cintiq/Windows tablet, the Android version is just bizaare. Its far too big to carry around and also much too expensive as well that it wouldn't leave the house.

I recommend a Pro or even a note 10.1, of course you be stuck with Android but at least you have a Wacom Digitiser.

I've been after a tablet for drawing on for ages. After lots of research and looking at endless tablet and ipad+pressure pen combos I finally got a last-gen, Amazon Warehouse "Used - Very Good" Note 10.1 last weekend. I absolutely love it. Got Sketchbook Pro and ArtFlow on it and I'm happy for hours. Highly recommended.

I've been after a tablet for drawing on for ages. After lots of research and looking at endless tablet and ipad+pressure pen combos I finally got a last-gen, Amazon Warehouse "Used - Very Good" Note 10.1 last weekend. I absolutely love it. Got Sketchbook Pro and ArtFlow on it and I'm happy for hours. Highly recommended.

Photoshop for Android isn't bad either. Didlr is free and quite nice although less of a proper art app and more a fun art past time.

It's also probably worth keeping an eye out for a Wacom Feel stylus which occasionally is mispriced or sold off cheap on Amazon etc. it's like the S Pen but more pen shaped and more of a natural fit with the tablet IMO. They're normally £30 or so but I picked one up for £15 a while back.

I hire you granny if I saw your work.

You from Bournemouth as well?

Cheers Tofu :) just got back from the interview I feel it went well and I would LOVE that job but got to wait a week now till I found out if I got it or not :(

Yeah I am but only just moved 30 miles down the road to salisbury last month but I work in bournemouth still, well be ringwood if i get this job.

Cheers Tofu :) just got back from the interview I feel it went well and I would LOVE that job but got to wait a week now till I found out if I got it or not :(

Yeah I am but only just moved 30 miles down the road to salisbury last month but I work in bournemouth still, well be ringwood if i get this job.

Yeah I live near outside of Bournemouth too, was this job for a fashion thing?.

I keep mulling over whether I want to get out of education and into a more creative job. I love some of what I do but sometimes it's been pretty rubbish recently... That said would have no idea where to even start now. WOuld love to get into something with a screen based outcome but I can't see anything that would suit out there :(

That said... drew on an INteractive Whiteboard on Friday:

12238433805_301a2b93c9_b.jpg

and a beer on the Weds lunchtime on my 5s:

12191596193_5083da5a02_b.jpg

12191189995_d75a8ecc1d_b.jpg

and a fabulous six screen HP setup :)

12140071175_a3d000a236_b.jpg

Photoshop for Android isn't bad either. Didlr is free and quite nice although less of a proper art app and more a fun art past time.

It's also probably worth keeping an eye out for a Wacom Feel stylus which occasionally is mispriced or sold off cheap on Amazon etc. it's like the S Pen but more pen shaped and more of a natural fit with the tablet IMO. They're normally £30 or so but I picked one up for £15 a while back.

Cheers. I got the (almost) full size Samsung S-pen at the same time with the eraser on the end, pretty happy with it. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap Wacom though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thnx!

Layerpaint, even though it has a lot of terrible limitations, I really like it for sketching.

There's Layerpaint HD which is better, Clover paint is also good but there's been a recent update whereby the UI is much nicer but its also much more expensive.