IGNORED

Commando Madness!

Hello Goaty ♥

This was the first 18 film I saw at the cinema. There was a free ticket promotion in The Sun for advance shows. I was 14 years old and my best mate bunked off school to get a pair of tickets. The night before we went to watch it I had a nightmare that the film was going to be too scary for me and I'd humiliate myself in the picture house by panicking and screaming. All day I was bothered about the nightmare. Daft, really; I'd seen loads of 18 films at home.

Went to watch it, loved it. Came out of the cinema really excited and happy. John Matrix was my hero for ages, I've watched the film loads of times.

And now I've learned that I've knocked one out over his daughter. Oh shit.

And now I've learned that I've knocked one out over his daughter. Oh shit.

If you're lucky he'll kill you last for letting off some steam over his daughter as he probably has a list of about a 10 million people to go through for the same thing. Maybe he'll even be dead tired when he gets to you.

I never posted my Bennetry at Halloween?!

n1652299932_50232_3561.jpg

3017_625251564301_61005639_38240989_1481441_n.jpg

3017_625251554321_61005639_38240988_8064279_n.jpg

Moustache made it. Found it in the queue going to pay for my cheap dogtags.

Ended up 'losing' the other ones that I bought from Topshop for £10 and never returned. Others off eBay never turned up.

The overall outfit cost waaaaaaaaay too much but worth it for the five people out of a 250 strong party that knew who I was.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted before but....

Remember when I promised to remake you last? I lied.

Hollywood is slowly working its way through history (distant or recent) for material to remake, revamp or reboot, and even a masterpiece like COMMANDO is not immune.

'Katy' forwarded us a sidebar bit from an Aussie mag called RCI, claiming that COMMANDO was being eyeballed for the redo treatment (right along with action flicks like CLIFFHANGER and RED DAWN). Not much info, so I checked with someone else who would know -- and they have indeed "heard whispers" of an update of the flick (the idea has apparently been kicking around for a while now).

The 1985 massacre starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as a retired elite soldier whose daughter is kidnapped to coerce him back into service, sending him on a vengeful rage against his former comrades, an effeminate adversary and an entire fictional country.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=26841

Oh dear. It'll never work.

And Cliffhanger seems an odd choice for a remake. Not exactly that old. Not a film that you could really do anything interesting with, and a film that's on the wrong side of competent to make it a cult classic. It's kind of boring.

Cliffhanger was a Renny Harlin film, which means: Pure shit. Sorry chalkitdown, the guy's a hack who's never made a good movie in his life. Die Hard 2 especially grates.

someone link to that thread with all the deep rising love.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched this again on Bluray last night, you can pick it up for next to nothing in shops on Bluray. The picture is nice enough, but my missus doesn't understand why I like it so much. And the problem is, I can't explain it. Commando! It's enough to make you want to swing off on a balloon in a shopping centre!

This is the same for a lot of films, they can make a fortune from this kind of thing. Imagine if Ghostbusters, Aliens, Commando etc got wide releases"? Look how popular they are when put on in limited shows? They'd make a fortune just from nostalgia!

I should be working in Hollywood man, leave the retards that commission such dross as Epic Movie down the dole office/AA/NA meetings/6th ring of hell where they belong.

I'd love to see Alien(s) and films like that in the cinema

I guess they figure there would be a limited appeal - part of the attraction of the cinema is seeing films you can't see in any other place, whereas Commando et al can easily be seen on TV most weeks.

Maybe we need and RLLMUK cinema.

Holy Fuck that's an epic idea.

One screen with a bit of hype - surely you'd not have to pay the studio a great deal like you would with a new film. Plus, not everyone would have been old enough to see some of the films in a cinema. Fuck, you could have a theme night when people view Commando dressed as Bennett!

Serious question why don't cinemas show some of the much earlier and popular films?

Cineworld do a classic film once a month; I've seen Blade Runner, Terminator and a few others on the big screen and it was as amazing as you'd expect. The screenings seem to be pretty popular; I know Terminator was sold out.