Phantasy Star Universe

This is going to be amazing. Unless the servers are split across platforms, in which case 0/10.

yeah because that was a massive problem when it was on the dreamcast. idiot/10.

Now if it's split by region like it was on the xbox then we've got a problem but as the 360 is compatible with keyboards there is no reason to lock them.

.::: Actually the more I think about it the more I realise this was one of the few online-experiences I actually enjoyed. GameCube version ironically. Never got the DC versions and the Xbox one was flawed...

It's certainly more 'game' than any of the MMORPGs currently out there.

Ah what the hell, let me fetch my 'excited' clothing!

I presume this wont be on Mac aswell? :wub:

How easy is it to get a PS2 online?

Really easy if you have a new PS2 with inbuilt modem and a router.

I'm really looking forward to this, it doesnt have to be revolutionary it's just gotta give me that feeling I got from playing PSO on the DC all those years ago, thats was on a 56k connection that I was paying for as well.

Looks like Autumn for the US release (though the 360 release may well not be simultaneous). There's a JP-only, PC-only closed beta that lasts from April 20 to May 10 (applications no longer accepted).

See PSO World for more information. There's also a thread (plug, plug) in our very own Online folder.

Yeah, some people are looking at the combat and seeing a lack of innovation, I'm looking at it and seeing exactly what I want. Despite all the other online games I've played in the meantime I never had as much intense fun in combat as I did in a dark room full of Dimenians at full speed.

Are you in the beta, Jack?

I'd be surprised if you weren't :)

I'm not, actually. I'm a massive PSO geek, but A: my PC's on the blink and it won't run games without overheating like a bastard, and B: the wireless connection at Uni keeps dropping out so I can browse fine, but gaming's a no-go. I should be moving into a house with some mates next year though, so I'll probably be ruining my degree with the rest of you.

You're an idiot.

Well to be fair I'm quite pissed that I can't play with the deceased. I mean what kind of compatibility is that!

How many people do you lot want to play with? Back in the day when it was on one format you had enough people but now you expect to be able to play with everyone in the universe. They should have just released it on the PS2 to stop the moaning.

Well to be fair I'm quite pissed that I can't play with the deceased. I mean what kind of compatibility is that!

How many people do you lot want to play with? Back in the day when it was on one format you had enough people but now you expect to be able to play with everyone in the universe. They should have just released it on the PS2 to stop the moaning.

You're still an idiot.

I don't care how many people I can play with, it's about who I play with. I want to play with my friends who all have different formats capable of playing the game. Whether or not I can do that is of far more importance to me than how many random internet guys I can play with.