9 New Maps

Hitcher

Halo 2 Expansion Pack

The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is a collection of nine multiplayer maps, as well as non-playable video content (a cinematic and a mini-documentary). Delivered on a standard Xbox DVD disc, the multiplayer content can be used by gamers on Xbox Live as well as those who play multiplayer via System Link or via Split-screen (on one Xbox).

• Nine (9) all-new multiplayer maps
  • New cinematic video
  • New mini-documentary video from Bungie Studios

Ships on 05/24/2005

Link

Halo 2 Expansion Pack

The Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack is a collection of nine multiplayer maps, as well as non-playable video content (a cinematic and a mini-documentary). Delivered on a standard Xbox DVD disc, the multiplayer content can be used by gamers on Xbox Live as well as those who play multiplayer via System Link or via Split-screen (on one Xbox).

• Nine (9) all-new multiplayer maps
  • New cinematic video
  • New mini-documentary video from Bungie Studios

Ships on 05/24/2005

Link

erm wicked. 20 dollers, 20 quid for us I reckon.

erm wicked. 20 dollers, 20 quid for us I reckon.

I doubt it will be anywhere near that much over Live. But you'll probably just get the maps. Or maybe only 8 maps, with one "bonus exclusive map" if you buy the disc.

So will this DVD include both sets of maps or will it install the maps to the hard drive so that we don't actually need the disc. No new single player stuff is a bit week and a paltry nine new maps. Sure 9 new maps over DLC is great but a whole disc is a bit much.

And that release date is almost June.

I think they are only releasing it on dvd too as a way for non-live players to get it, thats the way i read those bungie weekly updates anyway.

I don't know how anyone can say 9 maps is paltry? I expected about 4 or 5 at the most. Sounds brilliant to me, i can wait till May.

Hitch - where did you get the info, its not on the offical site (i don't think)? :blink:

I think they are only releasing it on dvd too as a way for non-live players to get it, thats the way i read those bungie weekly updates anyway.

I don't know how anyone can say 9 maps is paltry? I expected about 4 or 5 at the most.  Sounds brilliant to me, i can wait till May.

Hitch - where did you get the info, its not on the offical site (i don't think)?  :blink:

He posted a link to his source.

I just think that charging $20 (hopefully not £20) for 9 new maps is terrible. It better not be too much over Live.

I disagree. Bungie have to have team members working on these maps - employees who could be working on new games. If they are going to almost double the number of available maps, charging for it is only right and fair.

That said, £10-£12 is fine; £20 would be a fucking joke.

Do you think this will come with an install code? Otherwise everyone is going to get the content for free (yarr!)

I disagree. Bungie have to have team members working on these maps - employees who could be working on new games. If they are going to almost double the number of available maps, charging for it is only right and fair.

That said, £10-£12 is fine; £20 would be a fucking joke.

Do you think this will come with an install code? Otherwise everyone is going to get the content for free (yarr!)

Well, not everyone, some peoples chipped x boxes have been banned :blink:

End of May?  They better do something on Live before hand.  But if they do, is there really the market left for this disc?  How many people would buy it just for multiplayer maps, if they aren't going to play it on live?

I would, especially if they're gonna charge for the maps online (which hasn't been confirmed, but you know... I reckon they will be free)

I have several Xboxes (system-link!), so I want to install the new maps on all the consoles. If anybody comes around with 'box (or a meet, say), I can stick it on there too.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that they will be free for live users. Otherwise they will have a whole heap of issues including them in matchmaking as everyone will need to have them, or they will have to work out what maps you actually have.

You could be right as it would be even more of an incentive to get people to sign up to Live.

I would, especially if they're gonna charge for the maps online (which hasn't been confirmed, but you know... I reckon they will be free)

I have several Xboxes (system-link!), so I want to install the new maps on all the consoles.  If anybody comes around with 'box (or a meet, say), I can stick it on there too.

You clearly aren't typical though. I'm sure some people will buy it, but I'm sceptical that they can justify releasing an expansion pack like this if the majority of the target market have already got the content through Live.

still 2 months to wait though. that's shite.

We'll still have to see about that. This is only a link on eb ,nothing official, they may just have made up the date, and indeed the price for all we know. We know this is happening so maybe they took a gamble to get those preorders in.

Additionally the live users woudln't have to be held up by the fabrication process so we might see it a lot sooner. Guess we'll just have to await an official update from Bungie.

I would imagine they would have to put something up soon if only to quosh this rumour.

We'll still have to see about that. This is only a link on eb ,nothing official, they may just have made up the date, and indeed the price for all we know. We know this is happening so maybe they took a gamble to get those preorders in.

Additionally the live users woudln't have to be held up by the fabrication process so we might see it a lot sooner. Guess we'll just have to await an official update from Bungie.

I would imagine they would have to put something up soon if only to quosh this rumour.

This man speaks a lot of sense.

They can release this as there are a lot more people who have the game than there are who have live, somewhere in there region of 5-1 I think.

Yup, but if they don't play online, will they really pay for a multiplayer map expansion pack? I know I wouldn't if I didn't have live, but if I can't get the maps on DLC, then I probably would do, because we are all desperate for new maps.

Maybe I'm just being way too cynical, but I can't see how it makes sense to do this on a cd and Live from their point of view.

Guess we'll know more come Friday and the Weekly Update, anyway, they said there would more details this week, right?