9 New Maps

Hitcher

Why couldn't they have just released one map, every month? It would have kept the game fresh and we'd be on our seventh map by May, with two more to go before they've run out.

They'd have been heroes for releasing such regular episodic content, rather than giving us fuck all, not even a patch to fix all the bugs, for seven months and looking like a shower of bastards.

Why couldn't they have just released one map, every month?  It would have kept the game fresh and we'd be on our seventh map by May, with two more to go before they've run out.

They'd have been heroes for releasing such regular episodic content, rather than giving us fuck all, not even a patch to fix all the bugs, for seven months and looking like a shower of bastards.

Maybe it takes longer than a month to design, create and test a map, making that impossible...

Six fucking months though Frodo.  It's not wanting the moon on a stick to expect something before then, I'd be less pissed off if they had fixed some of the terrible basic glitches, that they must have known about prior to launch, and hadn't gone on about how great the new levels that they've been playing for ages are in every Weekly Update.

This is the main issue for me as well. The glitches and bugs should have been fixed first, and then the new DLC could have been sorted out later. For example, I'd have less issues with playing CTF on Coagulation if I knew that the other team couldn't just pull the fucking flag through the glass floor by standing on top of the Banshee.

Admittedly I know nothing about games programming, nor the manpower required to fix these glitches and then create new content, but 6 months just seems to be far too long. I'd be interested to read a breakdown of their efforts on this work, just to see how long they spent on each area.

eg: design = 3 weeks

creation = 2 weeks

play-testing = 3 weeks

fucking around doing stupid Hump-day challenges etc = 4 months

Ahem.

Why couldn't they have just released one map, every month?  It would have kept the game fresh and we'd be on our seventh map by May, with two more to go before they've run out.

Nah, you'd still get people saying, "what is it with Bungie and their pathetic trickle of one map per month? I could shit better maps out my arse at the rate of one a day. It's an absolute fucking disgrace and I hope their mothers die of scurvy."

Hella dudes ask,

What's up with the listing on Xbox.com in Korea that says the downloadable content is coming out as a retail game release??

Next week, we’re going to have a major announcement about the details of our new maps. Right now, there are some dates, details and ideas out there that are actually wrong, so please take everything you read between now and then with a grain of salt. We can't talk about how and when the new maps will be released, we'll leave that to the smart folks who actually do all the logistical work for this stuff – marketing and PR, but we can tell you this much - our entire plan is designed to make new content available for everybody, those with Xbox Live and those without Xbox Live. We hope in the end, everyone will be satisfied.

Taken from the weekly update. I guess it kinda pre-empts what EB are saying.

I think we will have them soon. EB are just guessing at the release date.

I don;t think that the annoucement will come in the weekley update. Frankie said that he was going to leave it up to the PR/Marketing people to come up with the blurb. So it will be a stand alone news item. Additionally it will also appear on xbox.com at the same time I should imagine.

So they could make the annoucement at anytime this week, and not just in the weekly update time slot.

Its funny how quickly people forget, not hours ago people were moaning about how bungie had taken there sweet old time with the maps and how they are crap and gay and suck ass and blar blar blar. Yet theres specualtion theres nine new maps and everyone loves them again and forgets any wrong doing. I predict these same people will be saying the same thing when Rare release there next game.

Making a map doesnt take a month unless your a monkey, a basic design can be up and running within hours. Oh course they might have made 50 maps and wittled it down to the nine they feel are the best. But when you factor in some companies can make games in the space of 9 months, 6 months for whats basically 9 'small' areas of sealed off play space takes the biscuit a bit.

Its funny how quickly people forget, not hours ago people were moaning about how bungie had taken there sweet old time with the maps and how they are crap and gay and suck ass and blar blar blar. Yet theres specualtion theres nine new maps and everyone loves them again and forgets any wrong doing. I predict these same people will be saying the same thing when Rare release there next game.

Making a map doesnt take a month unless your a monkey, a basic design can be up and running within hours. Oh course they might have made 50 maps and wittled it down to the nine they feel are the best. But when you factor in some companies can make games in the space of 9 months, 6 months for whats basically 9 'small' areas of sealed off play space takes the biscuit a bit.

One thing that this forum proves time and time again, what pleases one person pisses another one off.

The point you're missing with the maps is the intricate detail like from point A the player can see points B & C but is really vunerable from D etc...

I'll use Damnation as an example again - it has an awesome layer of depth.

I'm asuming the levels aren't gonna be something knocked up in DoomCAD.

I know what you mean about people moaning about Bungie taking their time, that isn't my issue here. My issue was with the total gash you wrote bitching about there only being 9 maps when you (and everyone else) knows nothing about them. If they turn out to be 9 Chirons, fair enough.

Open your bedroom door. Walk down the hallway. Go down the stairs. Open the front door. Step outside. Take a deep breath of fresh air. Summer is about to begin. There's a whole world out there. Explore it.

I havent been on Halo2 for a good while now because, quite frankly, its boooring.

Ok, so 9 maps will come out in June... but will I be bothered to DL/Buy them? Probably not. Because even though its 9 new maps... it's still same old Halo2

Consider yourself cunted*

*what I mean by that, I don't know...

Seriously now. Shut up.

Oh I can't even be bothered to go into this, the level of retardedness is amazing. Retardacular.