IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

Defending CE for a minute here, the rigours of filming a series in which you will be in practically every scene (as he will be from now on) are rather harsh. Eccleston may simply have not realised how huge a workload he would have. Even Jack Bauer has gazillions of supporting characters so that he can take a breather every few hours.

I downloaded it from UKNova last night... thought it was piss poor. It looked like a CITV show from ten years ago. Very, very dissapointed.

As for the Ecclestone thing, it's a farce really. All set to be biggest thing BBC have done in years and they mess up the most important role.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what you say DB (apart from Izzard - too well known), we have only seen one episode. Some of the later stories this season look much more like it.

Let's give it a fair chance, eh?

Since when has the internet been a place for reasonable discussion and 'giving things chances'? Give us a break!

No, *you* fuck off you complete waste of sperm.

I have every right to post my opinions and views on this.

Just because I'm not prepared to join in a big naive fan boy love in that gives you the right to tell me to fuck off ?

I've already STATED that I actually sat here excited with my father waiting for the first episode. I was so gutted when nothing came of the Paul McGann film.

Get bent. I thought you were a fairly reasonable chap but you're clearly a cunt.

You've ganged on DiscoStu already for stating his opinion - I'm certainly not going to take any shit from you.

How many ways can you find to bleat 'meehh, it was terrible?' Telling you to fuck off isn't very polite I grant you, but I have little sympathy for what is basically trolling.

As for ganging up on DiscoStu, I fail to see how one person can gang up on anyone.

I don't really understand why everyone keeps banging on about how good Izzard would have been. What would be so great about him?

I think he would have totally overwhelmed the role to the detriment of the story going on around him. I don't think his abilities as an actor are good enough to have incorporated elelments of previous Doctors either. I'm glad he didn't get chosen

Surely Jack Davenport should be the next Who.

Other possibilites

Ray Winstone

Oh god - please save us from Winstone's professional Cockney histrionics. Can you imagine?

"Fack orf Mahstah! Or ah'll be forced t' escape from your tardis and give you a smack. Oh fuck ah've left me sonic screwdiver in the lock aaaap"

Richard E. Grant would be great!

How about Rowan Atkinson? He did that Comic Relief one! ;)

People also seem to mention Alan Davies quite often!

Or...dum de dum...maybe this was why Dirty Den was kicked off EastEnders! They could make the Tardis controls the same as the bar in the Queen Vic and he could leap over it and throw the Master out, before barring him.

It's a good job ITV don't make the show or it'd have been Ross Kemp as the doctor, followed by Robson Green and then David Jason in subsequent guises. Then, when the ratings dropped, they would then intorduce the first female Doctor in the shape of Sarah Lancashire, follwed by Amanda Burton etc...

It's a good job ITV don't make the show or it'd have been Ross Kemp as the doctor, followed by Robson Green and then David Jason in subsequent guises. Then, when the ratings dropped, they would then intorduce the first female Doctor in the shape of Sarah Lancashire, follwed by Amanda Burton etc...

I'm still gutted about this. Surely Chris realised the typecasting risk of the character before he signed on. Still if its Tennant I wont mind I think he'll be fine as the Doctor.