IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

Are you kidding me? Did you miss the fracas that kicked off because there were two old lesbians in Gridlock? :rolleyes:

I thought that was pretty shite, myself. Apart from the video replaying all the regenerations. Not worth £7.

Philistine....

This is the true history of the show, the other ones are just exhibits of brand new(ish) props

I even got to sit in Bessie!!!!! (Though you arent meant to....)

Philistine....

This is the true history of the show, the other ones are just exhibits of brand new(ish) props

I even got to sit in Bessie!!!!! (Though you arent meant to....)

It's the true history, but it's pretty craply laid out, there isn't much there, and it's not worth £7.

Burned some old Who episodes onto DVD for my niece today. She loves the new seasons, but I don't know if she'll take to Pertwee-era Who as well. Gave her The Sea Devils, The Ambassadors of Death, The Mutants and The Daemons.

Should have given her some Baker. I barely like any Pertwee stories, but The Mutants is particularly boring.

Actually that was originally my idea... but, yes, let's kiss and make up and get back to Who post-haste. :)

Well I did respond to your bit about getting back to Doctor Who with my comment about the second part tonight but you ignored that bit.

So, <sigh>, back to Doctor Who! The bit in the Guardian guide about tonight's ep is v positive indeed. Getting excited.

A couple of dips in ratings surely can't lead to an issue with the show, more an awareness that the scheduling may have been iffey (Who's always been more of an autmumnal thing for me, don't know why) but regardless it's still sweeping the floor with the competition isn't it?

Not that I wouldn't mind a little bit of a shake up, that said. But the BBC brass would have to be all kinds of stupid to think that it was anything other than one of their crown jewels (flawed though it occasionally is).

Finally got round to seeing the last weeks ep and yup it was a corker. Looking forward to tonights muchly.

A couple of dips in ratings surely can't lead to an issue with the show, more an awareness that the scheduling may have been iffey (Who's always been more of an autmumnal thing for me, don't know why) but regardless it's still sweeping the floor with the competition isn't it?

Easily. It's been the most watched show on Saturday every week but one, where it got around 100,000 less than Casualty. Oh, the Beeb will be pleased, I know. My concern is more that this series is so good it deserves to be watched by a big audience.

My concern is more that this series is so good it deserves to be watched by a big audience.

Then the BBC should put Doctor Who on at 8pm every Saturday, and stop fannying around with the timeslot.

Its obvious the show doesn't sit well with the Saturday night schedule as it is.

7.30pm would be best, I think.

Nothing wrong with it being on Saturday, though.

Certainly not, it's perfect Saturday evening material.

I've been looking forward to this episode all week, so I'm pumped for this. Six minutes!

My concern is more that this series is so good it deserves to be watched by a big audience.

If the material is good enough then it will be. The beeb will be savvy enough to know that the repeats or videod shows will catch up the slack of people having been out (although I assume that this one will be less hit: the hot weather PLUS half term holidays would have been the major factor last week).

Anyhow, sigh, widey has ordered me not to watch it while she's out so we're on a video watch later as well....

That said, personally, I think the patchiness of this season (yeah yeah I know instant rebuttal by BASil) wil come to cause it some issues with the most tertiary parts of the audience and having asked daughters friends what they thought of last weeks they all thought it was boring...

That was really good, only part i didn't like was martha's "I CAN NAEM ALL TEH BONES IN DA HAND" bit. Rest was good. I loved Martha with a gun. She's at least 315765 times more useful that Rose ever was. Baines was fucking amazing.

Next episode... don't blink? Wtf, i tried doing that and lasted 20 seconds. i would be so dead :)

"If the Doctor hadn't picked here, would anyone have died?"

Amazing. I think that's probably one of my favourite Doctor Whos ever. And an excellent one to show someone either new to the series or someone who doesn't understand it.