Doctor Who

FishyFish

Having watched the Dr Who Confidential about this episode, it was very interesting and adds an extra perspective to some of the comments here.

RTD said that he couldn't have guns in it without commenting on the horrors of war. And there were some important changes from the original novel to what went onscreen.

As for Baines, the performance did become more over-stated in the 2nd episode (particularly the sniffs). But... it suited the character and the alien possessing him.

Final figures released by BARB show that Episode Eight, Human Nature was watched by 7.74 million viewers, a large increase from the initial overnight figure (7.10 million).

The programme was the 13th most watched of the week on UK television, and the 6th on BBC1. It was top of Saturday night by just under 1 million viewers.

On multichannel, the Sunday repeat was the 3rd most watched programme of the week, with 0.87 million viewers. This made it the highest rated programme on BBC3.

Saturdays Doctor Who Confidential was the 11th most watched programme with 0.71 million viewers.

I quite like the way the Martha stuff is progressing now... after initially thinking she was simply window dressing.

I reckon they're building it up to a point where the doctor doesn't realise what he has with martha until she's not there. The 'axed' rumours may have spawned from other rumours where Freema is supposed to leave the series for a few episodes. Perhaps she 'sacrificies' herself for the doctor - and only then does he get over Rose.

Oh, don't believe the hype Jerellis. As far as the BBC is concerned, Russell has that job for as long as he wants it. If he goes after the end of series four or five, then chances are someone who is underneath him now (watch it), such as Phil, will take over.

Rose stayed two series. If Freema is confirmed for series four, so will she.

Incidentally, just listening to an unofficial podcast about The Family of Blood, and someone has mentioned that Blood could be this year's Bad Wolf. You had a bloodsucker in Smith & Jones, the witches who wanted to go back to the old ways of "blood and magic" in The Shakespeare Code and, of course, The Family of Blood in these last two episodes.

Coincidence?

Incidentally, just listening to an unofficial podcast about The Family of Blood, and someone has mentioned that Blood could be this year's Bad Wolf. You had a bloodsucker in Smith & Jones, the witches who wanted to go back to the old ways of "blood and magic" in The Shakespeare Code and, of course, The Family of Blood in these last two episodes.

Coincidence?

Saxon is the this years Bad Wolf, surely? I think that is just a coincidence, especially as "The Family of Blood" were named way back in the book, I think.

I havent been i n this thread for a while, im kind of watching doctor who grudgingly at the moment (the kids like it so we kind of time saturday nights tea to coincide with the new ep) i've got to admit the last 10 minutes of family of blood were just about perfect though - its just a shame that they had to make the story a two parter to justify that extended epilogue.

I'd totally managed to miss the martha backlash, its a real shame that shes getting this kind of grief, you'd think that in light of the derision that the announcement that rowdy billie piper was initially cast for the series and the beloved state that rose has apparently now got in this nations heart that they'd give martha more of a shot before baying for blood.