Doctor Who

FishyFish

The Doctor couldn't get a job because he was too busy setting up his Genuine 1969 Camera to make a recording that would look grainy enough to be film, but not quite grainy enough to look like 1969.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's the kind of insight you never used to get in Doctor Who, and another reason I love Martha. There's a definite trust there now, and a relationship built on more than just love, if you catch my drift. They feel much more of a team than he and Rose ever did, for some reason.

Dilemma Averted for London Gay Who Fans

As reported by PinkNews, the final episode of Series Three of Doctor Who, The Last of the Time Lords, is being broadcast on the same day as the London Pride Festival, held in Trafalgar Square.

Organizers of the event, in an effort to not make gay Who fans choose between the annual celebration and the season finale of their favourite show, have come up with an interesting compromise: they plan to carry the live BBC broadcast of the episode at 7:10 p.m. on a big screen at the event's main stage in Trafalgar Square. And if that's not enough to get gay fans out to the event, they've also arranged to have John Barrowman co-host the event with Graham Norton. Barrowman will be speaking earlier in the afternoon about his role as Captain Jack on Doctor Who and Torchwood.

The event kicks off at 3:00 following the Pride parade through town and concludes with the broadcast of The Last of the Time Lords.

Course, not that Who has a large gay following, or anything... :unsure:

Oh, for fuck's sake. I've just realised that I'm going to be on holiday when the last episode's on. Fucking hell.

Are you on holiday in a BBC receiving country? you know with Sky? Or maybe internet access?

Happened to me last year with Doomsday, had to go to my sisters wedding. Wasnt happy at all.

This year though I'm having a big BBQ and party for the Finale, for all my Who fan friends, I'm expecting about 30 people :unsure:

Where's my invite, eh?

In the post, did you not get it? I sent one to everyone who contributes to this thread? Bloody Royal Mail :unsure:

Your welcome to join us in Cardiff at the Great Western, for our monthly pissup though. Next one is Monday and our thread is located in the gatherings section on OG (usually at the top of that section of the forum) if you fancy contributing come along.

Be warned though we're not organised, not DWAS affiliated and we like a drink or 20, :D

Are you on holiday in a BBC receiving country? you know with Sky? Or maybe internet access?

I'll be in Cuba. I'm going to be wandering around Havana going "Hace cualquier persona saben dónde puedo mirar el Doctor Who?"

Oh, for fuck's sake. I've just realised that I'm going to be on holiday when the last episode's on. Fucking hell.

Bah! That's just made me realise I'll be travelling between Barca and Valencia when the last ep's on. Which is a 'yay' and a 'boo' at the same time. Probably more 'boo' though, considering how much I've enjoyed the series.

Ha! Between four books, two summer schools, four youth group gigs and a few other things I've got to do I won't get a holiday until next year* so the laughs on you, losers**!

*Bet it turns out to be around the series finale of the next season for maximum irony.

**for once, gotta grab my chance when I can you understand.

I wasn't, until Eurovision. I won't get to see it for two and a half weeks now! Oh cruel world.

Incidentally, saw Blink yesterday and loved it (except for the phrase 'timey-wimey'). Sally Sparrow for next companion. One of the best episodes of the Tennant era. This season seems to have flown by. Here we are on the homeward stretch. We'll be talking Christmas episodes next.

According to the Radio Times, tomorrow's episode is apparently "a bit of a clunker". Oddly enough, it comes in exactly the same place in the season as Fear Her last time. So much for the perfect run! On the bright side though, the climax is apparently something incredible.

Last of the Timelords Spoilers from the BBC presspack for the week its broadcast

It Sounds Excellent by the way.

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU

Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Freema Agyeman plays his companion, Martha Jones. John Barrowman and John Simm guest

I'm a tad worried though, not a mention of

Captain Jack

Read it again. Properly this time!

EDIT: Ive just noticed it was you that posted the spoiler in the first place?

Just to help Captain Jack is played by John Barrowman

Read it again. Properly this time!

EDIT: Ive just noticed it was you that posted the spoiler in the first place?

Just to help Captain Jack is played by John Barrowman

I know he's in the cast list but no mention in the synopsis

As in

Doctor is a captive, Humans enslaved and only Martha can save the world, whats Jack doing then? in't pub having a pint

Just watched Blink. It's the first episode I've seen from the latest season. It was amazing. Best episode of New Who yet.

Well the 2 prior to Blink were pretty damn special TV too. I recommend you seek them out post haste.

I know he's in the cast list but no mention in the synopsis

As in

Doctor is a captive, Humans enslaved and only Martha can save the world, whats Jack doing then? in't pub having a pint

I think your worrying about nothing

Last of the Timelords Spoilers from the BBC presspack for the week its broadcast

It Sounds Excellent by the way.

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU

Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Freema Agyeman plays his companion, Martha Jones. John Barrowman and John Simm guest

Big TV screens all over the place, with

I am the Master and you will obey me

, ALL THE TIME.

Have I spoiled it by watching Blink first???

The only duffers are eps 4 and 5, I enjoyed everything else. The concensus(boyatsea baiting is fun :) ) is the highlights of the season are

Blink (ep10)

Human Nature/Family of Blood (ep8/9

Gridlock(ep3)

42(ep7)

The Shakespear Code(ep2)

Lazarus Experiment(ep6)

Smith and Jones(ep1)