Doctor Who

FishyFish

I won't bother with scores, but highlights have been...

Blink (partly for the bits which I "got", partly for the line "I’m clever and I’m listening and don’t patronise me because people have died and I’m not happy")

Gridlock (just a very interesting premise that was about a more general, gradual suffering rather than the quick-fire horror elements that fantasy monsters bring to the show)

...and honourable mentions to 42 and The Lazarus Experiment.

Last of the Timelords Spoilers from the BBC presspack for the week its broadcast

It Sounds Excellent by the way.

DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU

Earth has been conquered and the Master rules supreme, with the Doctor a helpless prisoner, in the final episode of Russell T Davies's Doctor Who.The entire human race has been reduced to slavery, as the mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire rise from the ashes. Only Martha Jones can save the world...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Freema Agyeman plays his companion, Martha Jones. John Barrowman and John Simm guest

Mighty warships of a new Time Lord Empire?

Christ.

The only duffers are eps 4 and 5, I enjoyed everything else. The concensus(boyatsea baiting is fun :) ) is the highlights of the season are

Blink (ep10)

Human Nature/Family of Blood (ep8/9

Gridlock(ep3)

42(ep7)

The Shakespear Code(ep2)

Lazarus Experiment(ep6)

Smith and Jones(ep1)

"YOU TOLD US TO IMAGINE! WE IMAGINED YOUR IRRELEVANCE!"

I just thinked Blink worked on so many levels.

It was about time.

The monsters were pretty scary, though they could have been filmed better. I wanted to see more blink and they've moved stuff. There were moments when neither of the tow characters were looking at the weeping angels and they were still standing there. I did like the shot of them rocking the TARDIS though, only illuminated by a single sweep of the light, and their positions had changed.

I haven't read the previous posts on this, but did anyone notice that the music at the end was a rip-off of BTTF?

Genuinely great episode though.

Silvestri rules....

Yeah he rules the one theme :)

I like it though, I now have Predator music in my head and want to watch the movie tonight.

"Gonna have me some fun tonight"

Would the Predator hunt the Doctor though, seeing as his mind is his greatest weapon? Would it cut to a scene 10 mins later in the TARDIS with both them sipping on a nice cup of tea? I demand answers.

That was the rumour from the Sun a week or two ago - that the production team had some kind of mysterious pact to all walk when Rusty does at the end of S4. I don't think any sources have been found for it yet.

Moffat in "amazing episode" shocker. It was a good idea to use one of their strongest writers for the show that had the potential to be weaker. So much better than Love and Monsters. One thing both episodes managed to do really well was amplify the mystique of the TARDIS. But it's really nice to see that an ep not featuring much of the Doctor doesn't necessarily need to be a bit rubbish. And yes I know half of us liked L&M. I'd suspect you of being deliberately obtuse if you tried to claim it was in the same league as Blink, though.

So I hear there's gonna be a mass walkout soon of all the people involved in this. Anyone else heard about that?

By pretty soon do you mean when they finish S4, as they start work on the Xmas special in 2 weeks time.

Just cause they don't wan't to run it into the ground.

"Running something into the ground" is doing nine or ten series of the X Files with lead characters no-one cares about, steadily declining viewing figures and a storyline that lost all its mystique years ago. Or commissioning yet another Star Trek spinoff featuring people with bumpy bits on their heads.

Bringing back a much-loved show, making it better than its ever been, having your writers firing on all cylinders, having an immensely charismatic lead actor who's clearly having the time of his life and steadily upping your game over the first three years is NOT "running something into the ground".

I can see a few key individuals moving on over the next couple of years (especially RTD and Tennant), simply because people don't necessarily want to do the same job for five years running, but in no way should this be interpreted as a lack of confidence in the show.

"Running something into the ground" is doing nine or ten series of the X Files with lead characters no-one cares about, steadily declining viewing figures and a storyline that lost all its mystique years ago. Or commissioning yet another Star Trek spinoff featuring people with bumpy bits on their heads.

Bringing back a much-loved show, making it better than its ever been, having your writers firing on all cylinders, having an immensely charismatic lead actor who's clearly having the time of his life and steadily upping your game over the first three years is NOT "running something into the ground".

I can see a few key individuals moving on over the next couple of years (especially RTD and Tennant), simply because people don't necessarily want to do the same job for five years running, but in no way should this be interpreted as a lack of confidence in the show.

Exactly. I can see RTD and Phil Collinson moving on after S4, but then Moffat can take over and well it just doesnt bare thinking about, a Moffatt lead S5 :rolleyes:

Exactly. I can see RTD and Phil Collinson moving on after S4, but then Moffat can take over and well it just doesnt bare thinking about, a Moffatt lead S5 :rolleyes:

Charlie Brooker on tonights episode

A few words, now, on Doctor Who (Sat, 7.15pm, BBC1), which I've neglected to mention for weeks. This third series had a big wobble with the "human Dalek" and spaceship-into-the-sun episodes, before hitting a stellar home run with The Family of Blood and last week's brilliant "Blink". Tonight's episode is also unmissable, albeit for slightly different reasons. Oh, and I need to say this, because it's true: David Tennant is the best Doctor Who ever.

I had my first ever Doctor Who dream last night. It was quite a lucid interpretation of Utopia, to be honest, featuring the return of Captain Jack, most of the regular Doctor Who and Torchwood cast, and Paul McGann for some unknown reason. I was quite impressed with how much sense it made. Perhaps I should jot it down as an outline and send it in.

Shows how much this series ending is getting to me though. This year I'm really trying to avoid spoilers, which seems harder than ever before.

Same here. Although Utopia probably won't match the level of quality that the last three have had, I think it's the fact that we're building up to the finale now that's getting me extra excited. Also, I don't know what it is about hand gestures in Who trailers this year, but the bit in the trailer to the episode where Jacobi wags his index finger somehow seems massively awesome to me.