Doctor Who

FishyFish

What is it with Who dreams lately, first the missus relays to me, her dream encounter with David Tennant and RTD.

Last night I dreamt Colin Baker had slimmed down and was in a multi doc tale with Eccles, McGann, McCoy and Tennant. A modernised Davros featured as well.

Charlie Brooker on tonights episode

A few words, now, on Doctor Who (Sat, 7.15pm, BBC1), which I've neglected to mention for weeks. This third series had a big wobble with the "human Dalek" and spaceship-into-the-sun episodes, before hitting a stellar home run with The Family of Blood and last week's brilliant "Blink". Tonight's episode is also unmissable, albeit for slightly different reasons. Oh, and I need to say this, because it's true: David Tennant is the best Doctor Who ever.

Tennant's really won me over this series too. I love him.

Just got back from the Trafford Centre in Manchester. The Selfridges there had a Tardis in the entrance, and inside they had a live Davros and an Ood! Davros was brilliantly scary, wheeling up to little kids and barking questions at them. The Ood was suitably creepy, and had to be led around by a lady with a "don't blink" t-shirt on. My eldest daughter was terrified of them both and went hiding behind rails of clothing. They also had a statue of the Syrocox (or whatever, the thing from David Tennant's first Christmas special) and the Peter Kay blobby thing. There was a sign saying a real Cyberman was supposed to be there too, but I didn't see him.

No idea if this was just for today, or if it's a regular thing.

Davros still scares the crap out of me.

I watched Destiny of the Daleks yesterday, Davros looks different!

Oh, i know that Destiny gets slagged off and the Daleks look knackered but for some reason i really like it!

"A surprising clunker" said the Radio Times.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY ON? ;)

That was stunning, and although I was kind of expecting what was going on, from the point the Professor took out the watch, the reveal was still incredible. "I... am... THE MASTER!" :rolleyes:

Jack was awesome too, and it's bloody impressive how they seem to have tied all three seasons, and even Torchwood together with this. Did I mention the regeneration? Wow. Simm was ace too. Everything was ace. There's another five star episode from me right there.

Well, that was no Fear Her.

Wasn't keen on the whole Utopia thing, and the 'beastie boys' outsside in the quarry gave me nasty memories of Survival, but the last half hour onwards was very, very thrilling. The whole conversation between The Doctor and Captain (with Martha listening, and learning) was superb. Then it got even better when Martha discovered the watch - and then even better watching the Prof holding it, thinking about it, and then.. opening it. Brilliant. Jacobi was superb - he had the Master running throughout him. You could actually see it.

So, really, it's a three-parter then.

That was all really very good stuff.

Although the Master seems a bit more ... camp, then I would like.

He's practically austere compared to the Master of old. He's also ace, so shut it. :rolleyes:

My heart was beating like a drum throughout the entire last third. Seriously amazing stuff.

Really nice prologue to the finale. Derek Jacobi was pretty cool. Thought John Simm almost brought everything crashing down with a really panto performance though. Couldn't Tennant have took him to one side and gone through how he'd tried to overdo it at first too? I'm slightly revising my expectations of the last two episodes after that last five minutes (the guy was literally jumping up and down with glee in the tardis! Pur-lease...) but even if they're gash the show is still well and truly back with this series. And David Tennant is the Doctor.

Loved the little conversation between Matha and the buglady too...