Doctor Who

FishyFish

Calling all action figure nuts - I posted this earlier in the bargains folder but I'd say it's eligible for a second posting here:

Cheapo Doctor Who figures at amazon.co.uk:

Tardis Electronic Playset £12.99

Professor Yana Gift Set £9.99

Flight Control Tardis £9.99

Empress of Racnoss £5.67

The Reaper £7.49

Satan Pit Set £8.99

Genesis Ark Set £14.99

Sanctuary Base Set £16.95

Moxx of Balhoon £1.35

Fantastic!! :lol:

I'm ignoring the toys until the classic series one are out next year. :(

New US comic.

Looks fucking hideous.

DW01_pg02.jpg

DW01_pg03.jpg

DW01_pg04.jpg

WTF is wrong with Martha in that last page.

To compare here's the CBBC stylised version for the special recently.

13.jpg

Well I dont mind it that much to be honest and I do sort of feel obliged to buy it, now I count the writer Gary Russell as a friend. He'd murderise me if I didnt, well either that or stop sending me lots of Marvel comics.

Although Mr Russell may not be a friend considering the state I was in at a mutual friends party last Saturday. 4 hrs missing :)

Jesus H Christ :)

Everything is wrong with that - the drawing, the writing... who's making them?! The faces on the middle page aren't too bad, but the other 2 look like deranged clowns.

Really like the art style from The Infinite Quest - hope we get more. A 6-part series, each 30 minutes long would be excellent - plus then they could go to alien worlds :D

Jesus H Christ :)

Everything is wrong with that - the drawing, the writing... who's making them?! The faces on the middle page aren't too bad, but the other 2 look like deranged clowns.

Really like the art style from The Infinite Quest - hope we get more. A 6-part series, each 30 minutes long would be excellent - plus then they could go to alien worlds :D

Well the writing isnt that bad, and I wont pass comment until I've read the whole issue, it is for the American market though and Panini have stopped anyone selling it in the UK. Although that exactly didnt stop Black Dossier appearing last month.

Well the writing isnt that bad, and I wont pass comment until I've read the whole issue, it is for the American market though and Panini have stopped anyone selling it in the UK. Although that exactly didnt stop Black Dossier appearing last month.

There's more pages on www.newsarama.com. I haven't put all 5 or 6 on this page.

The bet is to find the perfect milkshake.

I have some issues with that writing...too kiddie :)

There's more pages on www.newsarama.com. I haven't put all 5 or 6 on this page.

The bet is to find the perfect milkshake.

I have some issues with that writing...too kiddie :)

Well consider Doctor Who Adventures? thats pretty much one of the highest selling children magazines in this country and has a quite kiddy strip in there.

IDW are also issuing reprints of classic DWM tales in a new comic next week. Iron Legion in the first issue.

Well the writing isnt that bad, and I wont pass comment until I've read the whole issue

Yeah actually critising the writing was a bit harsh after only reading that much - re-reading it again it's not that bad. I think it was the scary faces putting me off!

Well, to be frank, as the lowest point* of last series was the whole Tinkerbell/rising from the cross thing quite frankly I'll be adding my name should a petition come to light. The descendents of J M Barrie should be pretty angry also.

Torchwood trailer looks... well... not terrible, which is a shocker in itself. Some of the acting is a bit all over the place though, especially the bit when Gwen pushes Jack and then just stands there like a bored actress waiting for a responding line.

*not counting Travesty of the Daleks which should be in the process of being wiped from history as we speak.