Doctor Who

FishyFish

Like your posts/ego

Well, that's fair. Although

I can't be the only person who isn't wild about the concept of a finale with (it sounds like) Rose, Martha, Donna, the Daleks, Davros, Jack, Sarah Jane and possibly the Sontarans. If any fan suggested that, they'd be laughed off the nerdy pole they were on, and rightly so. It strikes me as slightly ironic that it's something of a kneejerk reaction to people who criticise some of the scripts in the show that "I'd suppose you'd prefer a continuity-ridden bloated mess!", before the show delivers a continuity-ridden bloated mess and everyone complains when one criticises it.

But I'm fully prepared to be proven wrong, and if the finale is great I will happily eat my words. But given what's come before, that it's the last episode before a mini-hiatus and everything we know about it so far, I do worry that it'll be hideously excessive and overblown. I hope it isn't and will be glad if it's not. That's all.

Well, that's fair. Although

I can't be the only person who isn't wild about the concept of a finale with (it sounds like) Rose, Martha, Donna, the Daleks, Davros, Jack, Sarah Jane and possibly the Sontarans.

two words:

chorus line. for the big musical finish. FABULOUS!

Actually why was "RTD will ruin it" put in spoiler tags?

:P:(

He's on on tv tonight incidentally talking to Mark Lawson but I forget which channel or what time. But there for people who're interested, guessing it'll focus as a promotional piece about TW but may go into S4 Who stuff theoretically...

He's on on tv tonight incidentally talking to Mark Lawson but I forget which channel or what time. But there for people who're interested, guessing it'll focus as a promotional piece about TW but may go into S4 Who stuff theoretically...

BBC4 at 11pm.

I'd almost forgotten it was on tonight, so I guess I'd be a liar to say I'm really looking forward to it. Series one was a big letdown for me and I came out of it feeling it was something of a missed opportunity. The primary cause was that I didn't really give a shit about any of the characters other than Jack. I'm hoping that, this time around, things will be better (and, from things I've read, they supposedly are).

Anyone know if there's any difference between the BBC2 and BBC3 versions...

Uncut?

The BBC2 9pm showing is uncut, and the 7pm repeat (whenever that is) will be edited.

EDIT: Oh I see, you mean the BBC3 repeat tonight? It's the same as the 9pm BBC2 showing. ;)

Hmmm.

I see hope. It suffered massively from having to "re-introduce" Jack (and the others to some extent).

Everyone's omni/bi/whatever sexuality is starting to get boring. We get it RTD it's ok to to gay!

Nice spoilerific preview for "next week

Well, that was great. It had a real confidence to it that the first series lacked. Jack seems back to his old self, the new guy seems excellent, and it looks like they're setting up a proper storyline for the series as a whole. Oh, and it was camper than ever. Colour me impressed.

That was ace! Hardly the most intelligent story its ever told, but it all moved at such a fast pace it didn't really matter. James Masters was perfect for the role, and it seems like the show as a whole has become far more comfortable with itself. That was easily the most downright fun episode of the show so far.

Everyone's omni/bi/whatever sexuality is starting to get boring. We get it RTD it's ok to to gay!

As if Jack's former partner would be anything but. ;)