Doctor Who

FishyFish

That episode had more drive than all of the episodes in the first series - even the really good ones. Loved it. Like someone else said, it's as daft as a brush, but there are so many nice touches it manages to be one of the most interesting shows on TV.

The whole episode was worth it for the "that's a poodle" line. :o

Everyone's omni/bi/whatever sexuality is starting to get boring. We get it RTD it's ok to to gay!

It was written by (the hetero) Chris Chibnall. ;)

That episode had more drive than all of the episodes in the first series - even the really good ones. Loved it. Like someone else said, it's as daft as a brush, but there are so many nice touches it manages to be one of the most interesting shows on TV.

The whole episode was worth it for the "that's a poodle" line. :o

Alternatively,

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!" ;)

Hahah. Yes. :o

The trailer for the series looked amazing too. "And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse."

Stuff like that line fills me with high hopes for this season. It's like the writers took notice of the criticisms of the first, but rather than get rid of them they've embraced them and turned them into something good. This is exactly what I was expecting of The Captain Jack Show in the first place. ;)

Best impression i've ever seen of a gay/bi Han Solo, i loved the "help me Obi Wan Kenobi". It seemed much more solid this time around and not like it was trying to hard to be grown up.

christ if C-Cat comes into the thread with praise then I know the worlds gone mad :o

I did like the Obi-Wan line too.

Why was Marsters so much better in this than shitville?

I thought that it was really, really bad, to be honest, and seriously flawed on pretty much every level. And that James Marsters was miscast in his role, or perhaps more accurately that his role wasn't written well around him given his physical appearance and presence now. I really can't think of anything positive to say about it other than that the squid thing at the start was cool, before it started opening its mouth and delivering the worst lines in all the world. Captain John's characterisation gets a special nod as being like something out of a fifteen year old's "edgy" play.

I do feel genuinely bad coming in here and being Mr. Negative Shoes, but never mind. I want an episode I like to come around so I can be positive! I liked Last of the Time Lords, and the internet seems to have despised it, so perhaps I should have been around when that was on.

Definitely felt more solid this time around, and the characters do show more promise, but I think it's going to have to prove itself to me some more yet. It still feels a little bit, "Hey, look how cool and smug we all are".

Enjoyed the Obi-Wan line, especially the way Marsters mimicked Leia's movement. My favourite line though was the one from Ianto about Jack "liking roofs". :o

Some nice music too - especially during the bit with Cap'n's Jack and John on the roof.

So, we're going to get a Doctor Who movie? Seems so.

When he said it was "complicated" regarding his departure, I think he made it certain that he's doing to be doing something Who related before he goes, even after he's left the main series. Movie seems likely, I'd say.

Either that or the Adventures of Nyssa and Tegan on BBC Four.

When did Ianto become a sex object? As far as I remember, he was an Internet shut-in who lived with his cyberman girlfriend.

I thought it was really rather good although I was a bit taken aback with the fish headed bloke driving the Chrysler at the start but then it got much more enjoyable.

Couple this with the re-runs on UK TV Drama and you get a good sense of what Dr Who should be - a load of entertaining old nonsense which doesn't need to be over-analysed on the Internet.

When did Ianto become a sex object? As far as I remember, he was an Internet shut-in who lived with his cyberman girlfriend.

I thought it was really rather good although I was a bit taken aback with the fish headed bloke driving the Chrysler at the start but then it got much more enjoyable.

Couple this with the re-runs on UK TV Drama and you get a good sense of what Dr Who should be - a load of entertaining old nonsense which doesn't need to be over-analysed on the Internet.

You don't remember the bit about Ianto, Jack and the stopwatch from the first series?

As others have said, the thing that dragged it down a little was the age-old problem of having to "re-introduce" the characters. But good fun, even if the plot was a little obvious.

When he said it was "complicated" regarding his departure, I think he made it certain that he's doing to be doing something Who related before he goes, even after he's left the main series. Movie seems likely, I'd say.

What? </Tennant> I really need to watch that interview when I get home. RTD hasn't said anything about leaving before has he?

Oh and Torchwood was pretty fun, really liked how Marsters was just Spike - even some of his background music was very similar ;) Definitely need a

big musical number

for the final episode with him in it.