Doctor Who

FishyFish

Some boring numbers talk. Ignore if you like: -

Unofficial overnight figures gave Episode One of Torchwood, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, an audience of 3.7 million viewers, a 14.8% share of the total audience.

The programme was the highest rated on BBC2 for the day and the 18th most watched on all television.

These are the highest ratings that Torchwood has achieved on BBC2, although the previous series was shown on BBC3 first.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsi...pVyZFVVutYmzXuW

I thought it was deadly dull last night. You need a decent script to keep the viewer interested and they just kept having banal conversations.

Massively high five. There also wasn't nearly enough crazy alien hijinks to be had. And homosexuality isn't outrageous, but I almost felt like the script was mocking me for thinking it was, as in "Oh ho, isn't it shocking, James Masters is bisexual and discussing sex!" Well no, Mr. Show, it isn't, please give him some character traits as well.

I just watched the RTD interview with Mark Lawson, which proved very interesting. I was actually quite surprised to hear that both RTD and David Tennant know exactly when they'll leave the show, and to be honest the prospect rather excites me. I absolutely love what RTD's done with the show, and obviously he deserves lots of respect for bringing it back in the first place, but I've never been around for a change of executive producer. I wonder if his replacement will simply follow RTD's example, or take things in a different direction entirely?

They just take out the 'adult' stuff from Torchwood - it'd make it better. I mean, you could see Jack kissing Masters coming a mile away and it just made me do a big ROLLEYES.

Tried watching it too late last night though, so fell asleep - will watch again tonight.

They just take out the 'adult' stuff from Torchwood - it'd make it better. I mean, you could see Jack kissing Masters coming a mile away and it just made me do a big ROLLEYES.
Its creator Russell T Davies has ruled out removing any scenes involving same-sex relationships.

Speaking today at the launch of the second series, Davies said: “We’ll cut the swearing and cut the violence, but no we will not be cutting the kissing, so no story there.”

Alternatively,

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!" :P

Complete with furtive look over the shoulder at the end. Talk about knowing your audience!

Anyway, watched it last night, thought it was a decent start to the series, not as good as the best of last year's but much better than the worst. Series link retained.

They're rather good indeed for BBC Two. About a million or so higher than when the first ever episode debuted on BBC Two last year.

But that's not any kind of comparison. Season 1 showed on BBC3 first, on a Sunday night, and then later the same week on BBC2. I'm certain this was the case for the debut episode too. So you would expect a lot of the real fans would have watched the BBC3 showing and not the BBC2 one, therefore deflating the figures.

But that's not any kind of comparison. Season 1 showed on BBC3 first, on a Sunday night, and then later the same week on BBC2. I'm certain this was the case for the debut episode too.

No. The very first episode of Torchwood was shown on BBC Two, with the second straight after on BBC Three, if I remember correctly. It was a launch night thing.