Doctor Who

FishyFish

I liked that episode. The pram going in front of the car. Man repeatedly stabbed in front of his wife and kid. Me not finding Ianto dislikeable for probably the first time ever.

Is it just me or does the guy in the preview for next week look like a young Steve Coogan?

Good old Torchwood. That one was just rubbish. :)

So she's an alien and she doesn't know it. And they freeze her and she escapes. Then she's back to normal. Then she kills her husband. Then she's back to normal again. Then she can control her alienness, but none of the others can. I was beyond caring by the end of it. Battlestar Galactica did exactly the same thing, about a squillion times better.

Shame, I really enjoyed the first one.

Yup, another good-un. It was like a cross between invasion of the body-snatchers and The Terminator, except with a dash of humour to keep things Torchy. I love the direction taken with Ianto this season.

"Hello, is there anyone there? No, because the phones aren't working."

Good old Torchwood. That one was just rubbish. :)

So she's an alien and she doesn't know it. And they freeze her and she escapes. Then she's back to normal. Then she kills her husband. Then she's back to normal again. Then she can control her alienness, but none of the others can. I was beyond caring by the end of it. Battlestar Galactica did exactly the same thing, about a squillion times better.

Shame, I really enjoyed the first one.

If you're going to slate it, at least pay attention. :(

She doesn't kill her husband, she just wounds him. The Torchwood team cut her off from the link thingie, and as a result she gained control of her abilities while still "human". She didn't attack her husband on purpose, and none of the others can control their alienness, because their alienness is in control.

That certainly wasn't anywhere near as terrible as the first few eps of series one.

Not great though, still doesn't know what it is, in terms of any sort of focus and hey it's a good job that she was

blah blah blah blah

because, hey, inviting her into the batcave wouldn't really gel with the whole secrecy thing, which is why they don't also have windows, but actually looks like it was a little stupid in the long run anyhoo.

If that's the series average I'll jump off and watch the finale I think. Would be interesting to see how they water that down for a kiddie audience though, seemed pretty bleak and bloody in too many places to cut efectively.

Well, this is the first chance i've had to catch Episode 1.

Damn that Russell T Davies and his obsession with homosexuality and the big screen!

I cant take this program seriously. When is the next Alien going to be snogged or fondled?!!

I realise some of you might find it " Beautiful " and good for you if you do.

The executive producer wrote that one, oh yes the heterosexual executive producer, forgot to mention that.

Someones scared of men kissing men. :)

Anyway this weeks episode, apart from the appalling fx on the arm, it was good stuff, and Ianto does seem to be much btter this time around

Well, people seem to think that other people have a problem with it because of homophobia. However, if you put a woman in there in place of James Masters, it would still be an awful show in the style of Sex and the City, or Charmed, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I really wanted it to be a good show, and ran with it through all of last year. I was going to do the same this year, but I realised I can't stand the type of television it is. I wasn't that big a fan of the X-Files, for example, but it was watchable. It would have been horrendous if Mulder and Scully were constantly going on about shagging characters in the show, and each other. There just simply aren't any good examples of the genre, in my opinion.

exactly this... and this again.

standard response if anyone criticises that aspect of episode 1 is that we're not comfortable with the men kissing men scenes... funny that my 2nd favourite episode of last series was Captain Jack Harkness then. It was just badly and obviously done. If it was a woman it'd been predictable tosh as well.

Thankfully, this weeks was much better.

What Scott (and Toonfool) said with extra bells and whistles.

Don't worry about the Scooby Doo plots, the laughable direction, the stilted dialog, the ludicrous leaps of faith or logic, the complete idiocy of the team that's supposed to be above the UN it's got MEN KISSING IN IT and all sorts of hot bi-tri-alien action! It's like MYSPACE bulletins meets the outakes of CSI! With MEN KISSING!

...and if you don't like the show for that one cheap trick then you're obviously a communist. And evil. And all the rest.

Well, this is the first chance i've had to catch Episode 1.

Damn that Russell T Davies and his obsession with homosexuality and the big screen!

Late to the party.

As cassidy says, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was written by the happily married and heterosexual Chris Chibnall. It's getting fucking tiring reading all this bollocks, to be honest. It would be like me complaining in every thread about a show which happened to feature a kiss between a man and woman. It's not homophobia, mind - it's just daft. If you don't like the show, you don't like it. Don't blame it on the fact it has some fellas kissing in it.

Anyway, this weeks was like an episode from the first series, with added humour. Ianto is proving to be a goldmine in this respect - they've given him a purpose. He stands there, watching how daft this life they lead is, and chips in with funny lines.

Late to the party.

As cassidy says, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was written by the happily married and heterosexual Chris Chibnall. It's getting fucking tiring reading all this bollocks, to be honest. It would be like me complaining in every thread about a show which happened to feature a kiss between a man and woman. It's not homophobia, mind - it's just daft. If you don't like the show, you don't like it. Don't blame it on the fact it has some fellas kissing in it.

Well sorry about that.

I just dont think Torchwood benefits from all the sexual ( be it straight or other ) rubbish.

I thought that one was a lot better than last week's (although I did love Spike being Spike...). The violence was ace, Ianto's had a very welcome personality transplant (the character's almost completely different, thank God: please work on Tosh next), and the last 20 minutes felt like it had been beamed in direct from the 80s.

It still comes across as being written by a bunch of self-indulgent lower sixth formers who are heading for a low 'C' in their Drama A-levels, but I liked it.

I thought that one was a lot better than last week's (although I did love Spike being Spike...). The violence was ace, Ianto's had a very welcome personality transplant (the character's almost completely different, thank God: please work on Tosh next), and the last 20 minutes felt like it had been beamed in direct from the 80s.

Tosh in her tight blouses, thats enough for me.

They can wipe peoples memories though can't they? I'm sure I remember them doing it all the time in series one.

Yep, they drugged people. Perhaps they were worried it wouldn't work with all that alien stuff in her?

The continuity announcer said "pacy". It was pacy. A solid if unremarkable episode, sprinkled with some very nice lines (although I hope they don't push Ianto too far into the clown role, it wouldn't suit him)

"Nobody knows more than I do"