IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

I thought 24 was embarrassing twaddle.  Six Feet Under repetitive and rather dreary.  Sopranos is good.  Haven't seen a lot of West Wing.

None of them are remotely comparable to Doctor Who of course.

How wrong can one person be?

Saw it last night, but didn't have time to post before going out.

Superb stuff. The Daleks really are awesome. It was good to see the story add some more mystery (Rose and the Dalek, the Doctor killing his and the Dalek race etc).

Really enjoyed it, well done the BBC.

Another utterly fantastic episode for me. I don't know how but it just keeps getting better and better.

After the conversation between the Doctor and the Dalek about how similar they were, and then Rose forming an emotional bond with it, and it evolving into a different creature with a wider range of emotions, I was half expecting (and hoping) that the Dalek would actually leave with them in the Tardis as the second companion. Like K-9 with attititude. And a death ray.

Pish like....24? West Wing? Sopranos? Six Feet Under?

Jesus Christ.....

Yes, just like that, and you could add many more. I love Twin Peaks and Murder One though, just to show I'm not anti US telly or anything. Just when I've seen something done well, I don't get excited by poor imitations.

It's all irrelevant anyway, people love this show, and that's all there is to it.

"Captain Jack Harkness" seems to be a new companion.

I've been waiting for that. I was unfortunate enough to hear some major spoilers before the show went out. All I know is

spoiler

he's a time traveller but not a time lord, hopefully not Bad Wolf

Well........in my opinion, the entire episode was just horribly embarrassing, the storyline was rubbish when Star Trek did it years ago with the lone Borg shite and it was just as rubbish with the lone Dalek.

"I'm afraid" FUCK OFF!!!

On the other hand, I'm sure that if I was 8, it would have been Ace! Which is the point of the show, I guess.......Sorry!

Well........in my opinion, the entire episode was just horribly embarrassing,  the storyline was rubbish when Star Trek did it years ago with the lone Borg shite and it was just as rubbish with the lone Dalek. 

"I'm afraid"  FUCK OFF!!! 

On the other hand, I'm sure that if I was 8, it would have been Ace!    Which is the point of the show, I guess.......Sorry!

Wrong!

It was fucking brilliant. Especially the bit where the Doctor is trapped in the room with the Dalek and starts ranting at it when he realises its death ray isn't working. One of the best Dr Who moments I've seen IMHO.

Wrong!

It was fucking brilliant. Especially the bit where the Doctor is trapped in the room with the Dalek and starts ranting at it when he realises its death ray isn't working. One of the best Dr Who moments I've seen IMHO.

Are you still in the states? did you download or is it being broadcast?

Well........in my opinion, the entire episode was just horribly embarrassing,  the storyline was rubbish when Star Trek did it years ago with the lone Borg shite and it was just as rubbish with the lone Dalek. 

"I'm afraid"  FUCK OFF!!! 

On the other hand, I'm sure that if I was 8, it would have been Ace!    Which is the point of the show, I guess.......Sorry!

Wrong! Because the resolution was totally different. The Borg bloke got a bit lonely and went back to the collective and infected them with human qualities. The dalek couldn't cope and asked to be killed.

Wrong! Because the resolution was totally different. The Borg bloke got a bit lonely and went back to the collective and infected them with human qualities. The dalek couldn't cope and asked to be killed.

Indeed I don't remember the Star Trek episode where the Borg committed suicide. Pretty dark stuff for 7pm "family" viewing.

yeah, I heard even Sci Fi isn't interested. Wonder if the reception it's had here will change that

Doubt it, TV execs are not exactly well known for "changing their minds" and US TV also isn't exactly well known for showing non-US shows on TV. It'll probably end up languishing on the crapfest that is BBC America (between reruns of Changing Rooms and Cash in the Attic), when it deserves so much more.

This was the first episode I watched with my kids - I wasn't planning to but they'd caught some of the hype and asked if they could. The girls (nearly 6 and just 4) were scared, entertained and confused in equal measure. The oldest went to bed asking lots of questions about whether the dalek was good or bad, and how he'd changed, and why he'd wanted to exterminate himself etc. The boys (just turned 2) enjoyed seeing the Dalek in action (they love any robots) and were unmoved by everything else, as you'd expect I suppose.

Still I never imagined when we started a family I'd be having conversations with them about the motivations of Daleks. :(

Given the chief writer's as bent as a nine bob note then ...  no.

That did cross my mind... :blink:

Having read your earlier spoiler, is he a time traveller in the sense that he travels independently through time, or because he rides in the TARDIS? Having seen which episode he arrives in I'd assumed him to be some WW2 military man of some sort.

That did cross my mind... :blink:

Having read your earlier spoiler, is he a time traveller in the sense that he travels independently through time, or because he rides in the TARDIS? Having seen which episode he arrives in I'd assumed him to be some WW2 military man of some sort.

Frankly I don't know. I just resent knowing ofhis existence, particularly given the 'other' thread.

Dalek doesn't seem like the thing to need a self-destruct
Didn't Davros have a massive red self-destruct button right on his tray/desk bit?

"Here's your coffee Davros,  I'll just put it here.."

"NOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!"

:blink:

That is without doubt THE stupidest thing I've said on here, especially when I've seen a few episodes with Davros using the button to keep control of his dear little children.

What I suppose I meant was that whole "self-destruct to prevent capture of technology" idea, or that the Dalek would have control of the function in the first place. The mentality of the Dalek is one that it is indestructable and would not be captured in the first place. It did look strange having a forcefield go round the blast though. I know it was done to protect Rose, it just looked like it could be something else.

Sophie Aldred, as I remembered at the time. Although Langford annoyed me too, just couldn't remember her as children's TV presenter.

OK that was crap, second most stupid thing posted on here.

Ah, don't be so hard on yourself.

(btw, Janet Ellis, Blue Peter presenter & mother of Sophie Ellis Bextor, was in Horns of Nimon)