IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

Interesting comment from Russell T Davies at the end of Confidential. After expressing that the Editor was put in place by the Jagrafess (sp?) he then said we need to ask the question "who put the Jagrafess in place?", before stating that "this will be answered at a later date".

Hmmm... wonder if he meant it?

I can see the monster giving some youngsters the odd sleepless night - Mummy turns the light off. Little Timmy peers slowly up towards the ceiling... MUUUUMMMM!!!! I'M SCAAARED!!!!

Not a bad episode and like others have said, the best after Dalek and The Unquiet Dead. Same annoying, pacy music as Rose though.

Interesting comment from Russell T Davies at the end of Confidential. After expressing that the Editor was put in place by the Jagrafess (sp?) he then said we need to ask the question "who put the Jagrafess in place?". He then said that "this will be answered at a later date".

Well, with the TV channel being called Bad Wolf, perhaps it's the Big Bad behind this story arc (if you can call a few references a story arc!!). And therefore, maybe the same Big Bad provided last week's billionaire guy with some help in getting his alien artifacts.....

Interesting comment from Russell T Davies at the end of Confidential. After expressing that the Editor was put in place by the Jagrafess (sp?) he then said we need to ask the question "who put the Jagrafess in place?". He then said that "this will be answered at a later date".

I noticed that too even got a "ooh" out of the missus that. A change for Russ that, then ;)

Anyway really enjoyed tonights it was a bit slow to start but soon became quite the interesting episode.

Some very funny lines again and the end scene in particular raised a laugh from me. Obvious but still funny.

Spotted the Bad wolf thing again. I dont think their little references though, to effect so many random things means something big IMO. Interfering a huge scale.

8/10 for me. Next weeks looks brilliant and you may even cry :(

Definitely the weakest episode so far. Didn't like the Matrix lite plot, thought trying to pull off a futuristic bustling scene was a bit of a failure too. And frankly for a bit it was hard to grasp just what was going on. Even the treachery by the bloke was a bit pointless (we've seen Back to the Future 2 ..). Simon Pegg's character was poor.

Still, a couple of cracking lines and not bad but defo a dip for the Who.

next week's looks superb, cannot wait.

This was a terrible episode.

difficult half way episode?

To be honest, I groaned last week, the second I saw this twonk:

soaps_news_media_4-0.jpg

go back to acting school PLEASE.

anyway.. I have a terrible feeling he's going to become some kind of Baddie..in future shows?

(what with him being on present day earth with his implant, and knowing "stuff" now.. :( )

soaps_news_media_4-0.jpg

anyway..  I have a terrible feeling he's going to become some kind of Baddie..in future shows?

(what with him being on present day earth with his implant, and knowing "stuff" now.. :( )

he only knows a little bit about the doctor. He wont retain anything he absorbed whilst on the station. Said so in the script.

Its the last we'll see him I reckon. I aint a big fan either but I thought his subplot was quite interesting.

soaps_news_media_4-0.jpg

anyway..  I have a terrible feeling he's going to become some kind of Baddie..in future shows?

My feelings exactly.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, actually. Simon Pegg was excellent. I remember at the start of this thread (I think) I was running my mouth, dreading his appearance. He was such a wee creep in it, though. Good stuff.

Also, the black chick was HAUT.

soaps_news_media_4-0.jpg

I thought the implant looked a bit like...

davros.jpg

its not overanalysis this is a discussion thread isnt it? On a discussion forum, my post is discussion.  The Doctor has been written differently for a reason and its worth talking about IMO. 

If you dont want to answer fine, but your pointless comment above adds nothing now does it.    ;)

I was making a wry joke at those who overanalyse every single line in the show (not on this forum but on others, where conspiracy theories go beyond JFK being assassinated by Elvis), and I wasn't taking the piss at all. Can you remove the rolleyes now?

I for one don't know whether the Doctor has been written particularly differently or not, but I do think that for him to be "fake" would be a twist too far.

Just popping in briefly - yet to see the episode.

I was out tonight at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith and something caught my eye...

http://www.riversidestudios.co.uk/cgi-bin/...pl?l=1113476097

http://www.daleks-at-riverside.co.uk/

A double bill of 'Doctor Who and the Daleks' and 'Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 AD'. All on the big screen!

You Who fans probably know all about it but just in case I thought I'd post it.

;)

Strange how this episode seems to have everone split, some saying they loved it, some saying it was the worst episode yet. I thought it was perfectly fine. Obviously tough to follow the Dalek episode, but still good. The story was unoriginal, but I don't really care, it was simply good fun to watch.

As for the music being rubbish, I don't really follow that. I've never noticed it, and they say if you don't notice it, then it's doing its job.

So for me it's all looking fine in the world of Who. Next weeks episode looks like it could be really good too.