IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

A bit about the 'room' found in the tunnels follows, and whether we had seen it before:

I just did a bit of googling following on from the stuff I read in here about the spaceship/tardis room found in the tunnels of the Silence, and how it looked similar to the one from the James Corden episode. From Google, in the Lodger:

doctorwho511_3.jpg

From The Impossible Astronaut: Screen_shot_2011-04-26_at_15.22.53.JPG

So, yeah it's the same one, and basically can't wait until this Saturday! (Sorry if this has been already pointed out!)

A bit about the 'room' found in the tunnels follows, and whether we had seen it before:

I just did a bit of googling following on from the stuff I read in here about the spaceship/tardis room found in the tunnels of the Silence, and how it looked similar to the one from the James Corden episode. From Google, in the Lodger:

doctorwho511_3.jpg

From The Impossible Astronaut: Screen_shot_2011-04-26_at_15.22.53.JPG

So, yeah it's the same one, and basically can't wait until this Saturday! (Sorry if this has been already pointed out!)

Stop talking about Dr Who you fucking poof.

I think we're going to find out that the Silence have had a greater presence in past episodes than we were aware of at the time. It make sense - it would be pretty lame for the Tardis to have been destroyed by something that hadn't appeared before then.

Was rewatching the episode last night. Trying to work out what the Silent in the toilet meant when we said Amy had to tell the Doctor what he must know, and what he must never know. Did he mean two separate things, or just one? If it's one, then I would assume it means the Doctor dying. But Amy said 'How do you know about that?' so I'm guessing she meant her pregnancy. Why would the Silence want him to know that? To get him to stop her travelling with him? TOO many questions already.

I think we're going to find out that the Silence have had a greater presence in past episodes than we were aware of at the time. It make sense - it would be pretty lame for the Tardis to have been destroyed by something that hadn't appeared before then.

We don't yet know that the Silent and 'Silence will fall' are related.

I remember there being some daft rumour last year that said there would be a shape-shifting zygon in every series 5 episode but you wouldn't find out until the end.

Obviously that was rubbish, but it wouldn't take much Chinese whispering for that to have been a Silent.

The thing I'm enjoying the most is a return to multiple companions. Boom Town really pulled itself out of the muck by the fact that the Tardis crew (Doc, Mickey, Rose and Jack) worked as a team and the two part finale was so much better with two companions. I'm loving the dynamic with the Doc, Amy (The Legs) and Rory (The Nose). Throw in Mrs Robinson and I'm in companion heaven.

I probably like it so much since although I started off with Tom Baker I was more of an age to appreciate the show when Peter Davison was towing around 3 of his own. (Mega crush on Nyssa)

I also can't be the only one to want the BBC to make a River Song spin-off show. The utterly awesome James Bond intro to The Time of Angels proved how badass it could be. She's like Bernice Summerfield cranked up to 11.

I also can't be the only one to want the BBC to make a River Song spin-off show. The utterly awesome James Bond intro to The Time of Angels proved how badass it could be. She's like Bernice Summerfield cranked up to 11.

I think you might be! I find River Song a little bit cringeworthy, to be honest. She's bearable in short bursts but a whole series would make me want to hurt someone, I think.

During my Easter time off I decided to get my Doctor Who books organised and on display. I can't fit them all in since I can't get far enough back to take the photo properly but I'm really proud of this lot

5665088928_ed85b18ccc_b.jpg

And no. Before you ask. They're not in series order. I'm a nerd not a obsessive compulsive librarian :)

Makes me feel guilty that mine are all in drawers and not on display. Is your na collection complete? I'm missing so vile a sin and dying days. Was well chuffed when I was walking around Covent garden last week and noticed I was on henrietta street.

I still have a full set of NAs in drawers, those books got me through some tough times. Got a whole bunch of Target and BBC ones too, will be buying all six Target reprints later this year, even though I own at least one copy of each of them already. :)

Makes me feel guilty that mine are all in drawers and not on display. Is your na collection complete? I'm missing so vile a sin and dying days. Was well chuffed when I was walking around Covent garden last week and noticed I was on henrietta street.

My NA collection is complete. I bought So Vile a Sin and Dying Days when they first came out. My EDA set is probably about 7-10 books short but mostly from early on in the range when it was still mostly standalones so I'm not terribly interested in finishing them off (Although it would be easier to fill the set than go back and collect a load of NAs :) )

Also in the collection is an almost complete Bernice Summerfield set (All the originals and only one or two of the very latest still to buy). I've also got a full set of Faction Paradox novels and all the I-Who books they got around to doing. They're well worth a read if you can track copies down. It's a shame the current books are so geared towards the younger reader. I can understand the need for it but considering that the TV show often comes very close to the sort of things that used to be themes in the best of the older fiction it's disapointing. I have quite a lot of the new books but I've given up on them totally now and I've only read a small handful of them.

If you're interested in some fun stuff try the Iris Wildthyme collections currently being published by Obverse Books. They're well funny (Especially the one that does an utterly fantastic riff on Pyramids of Mars but with what happens to the future if Iris and Panda don't save a young George Bush). Obverse are also doing a Faction Paradox collection with Lawrence Miles doing some of the editing. Paul Magrs has also done a brand new full length Iris novel. I hope you like Darlington :)

Yeah I have the full faction set and all the I-who. The books got me through the wilderness years. I even got a mention in the reprint of dead romance mad Norwegian did. Go me. Though my claim to real who fame is being referred to as a short drunk Welshman in rtds writers tale :)