IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

Confirmed: No full series of Doctor Who in 2012

It has been confirmed that there won’t be a full series of Doctor Who in 2012.

The news was brought to light earlier tonight through a tweet from BBC News Entertainment Correspondent Lizo Mzimba, who posted: “There will not be a full series of Dr Who in 2012! BBC confirms that BBC One Controller said this earlier today”. The BBC recently announced fourteen new episodes, including this year’s Christmas special, starring Matt Smith, however it’s not known how many will be aired next year.

http://news.whoviannet.co.uk/2011/06/confirmed-no-full-series-of-doctor-who-in-2012/

I'd guess 7 next year, and 7 in 2013 then...

But what about a 2012 Christmas special? Surely that's a big draw...

oh ffs. I really don't think the BBC have a fucking clue these days. They'll waste cash on shit like Don't Scare the Hare but fuck around with Doctor Who.

*Edit*

Ah. Some people on Gallifrey Base have pointed out a possibility.

It's a split season run just like the one we're watching except delayed to start in the autumn. So 7 episode autumn, christmas special and then finish it off in the spring. That puts them ready to do a massive 2013 special event in the summer for the 50th anniversary.

And as usual the BBC would be incapable of communicating that properly.

*Edit2*

Also when is the Olympics next year? Would it be likely to clash with Doctor Who if it ran at the usual time?

Also when is the Olympics next year? Would it be likely to clash with Doctor Who if it ran at the usual time?

Don't think so, this year we've had 7 episodes in the spring and have 7 more to look forward to in, what, winter? Late October? The Olympics will be running in the summer I'd guess which would have been perfectly in place bookended by Dr Who. Now though, I just don't know. It does seem odd that one of the BBC's top franchises is being played around with this much.

True, but this is the traditionally incompetent BBC management at work here.

Although I would guess that the Olympics are taking up a hell of a lot of resources. They throw the kitchen sink at the likes of World Cups and Olympics abroad, and being the people broadcasting the Olympics must dwarf that.

True, but this is the traditionally incompetent BBC management at work here.

Although I would guess that the Olympics are taking up a hell of a lot of resources. They throw the kitchen sink at the likes of World Cups and Olympics abroad, and being the people broadcasting the Olympics must dwarf that.

This just in from Moffat on Twitter:

Dr Who: misquotes and misunderstandings. But I'm not being bounced into announcing the cool stuff before we're ready. Hush, and patience.

That's what I was thinking this morning after the initial anger wore off. We don't have enough information yet. For the moment I'm treating it as typical big company not being able to communicate without putting both feet in mouth.

oh ffs. I really don't think the BBC have a fucking clue these days. They'll waste cash on shit like Don't Scare the Hare but fuck around with Doctor Who.

Don't Scare The Hare is probably one of the cheapest prime-time shows around at the moment. Doctor Who is almost certainly the most expensive.

The BBC has been hit by massive cutbacks. You do the maths.

Man collects 94 pairs of knickers from women who have worked on Doctor Who

Flub, cassidy or DSD seem to be the most likely candidates.

I first started collecting knickers in 1983 when at the Longleat Exhibition I was sold a pair of Janet Fielding's underwear by a make-up lady. But let me be clear on this; there is nothing "perverted" or "weird" about my collection. We all collect things we like, and I find knickers more personal than an autograph on the back of a plastic cup.

LOL! He thinks there's nothing perverted or weird about it.

Unbelievably, not a terrible photoshop.

R9Oip.jpg

Matt Smith, the current (and youngest) actor to star as the Doctor in BBC's Doctor Who, recently took to the stage in Los Angeles while dressed as Batman for a play called Gotham Autopsy, part of the 24 Hour Plays that were inspired by Scott McCloud's 24 Hour Comics (!!!) and are performed but once and never more. The Telegraph described the scene, which sadly none of us shall ever see again:

At the start of his play – called Gotham Autopsy – Smith was covered in a sheet in a mortuary before he came to life as a confused Batman. Comedian and Don't Mess With Zohan star Nick Swardson starred as Robin. Also in his play were Kick Ass star Lyndsy Fonseca and fellow Brit Saffron Burrows. Half-way through the 20 minute skit Smith dropped his fake American accent and became a cockney (Brit) to huge laughs from the audience.