IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

Yeah, I actually rather liked episode 3. Like CoE it seems to be dialling down the nuttiness now that the introductions are over.

Unless I've understood things wrong though, there's a contradiction in the premise that's annoying me a bit. As Jack said, people aren't just being kept alive, they're "so alive". People are remaining concious in the face of what would be fatal injuries, and yet Gwen can know out a security guard by slamming his face into a car. What's up with that?

It's interesting that the BBC thinks that the best way to build hype for Doctor Who is to tease the promise of a snog between the Doctor and James Corden. :blink:

James fucking Corden isn't in it again is he?

<_<

Am I the only one that wasn't impressed by the trailer? It was good, but seemed weak compared to

Then again, everything's better with Two Steps from Hell :wub:

You know Dr Who's going to be good when they can afford to put a line like 'Fear me, I've killed them all' in the fucking MIDDLE of the trailer.

I watched the first episode of Torchwood yesterday, and honestly have no inclination to keep watching. It just left me feeling bored mostly. The first season of it was terrible, like a bunch of 14 year olds writing it. Season 2 was barely any better. Season 3 was brilliant, but this is just dull as fuck.

Unless I've understood things wrong though, there's a contradiction in the premise that's annoying me a bit. As Jack said, people aren't just being kept alive, they're "so alive". People are remaining concious in the face of what would be fatal injuries, and yet Gwen can know out a security guard by slamming his face into a car. What's up with that?

Yeah was weird, especially as it happened just after they went through the process of explaining how everyone is 'more alive'. Also, how does sleeping work then? Surely it's no longer needed to rest the body? I suppose they'll all feel tiredness like they still feel pain, but it doesn't really fit with the keeping everyone conscious all the time thing, like the charred remains of the guy who blew himself up.

I watched the first episode of Torchwood yesterday, and honestly have no inclination to keep watching. It just left me feeling bored mostly. The first season of it was terrible, like a bunch of 14 year olds writing it. Season 2 was barely any better. Season 3 was brilliant, but this is just dull as fuck.

I watched Episode 2 before being overwhelmed with the exact same feeling. I don't give a shit about any of it. So I stopped watching.