IGNORED

Doctor Who

FishyFish

I suppose that we've got an implicit answer for why the TARDIS exploded, at least.

Did we?

I thought that was good - no where near Pandorica/Big Bang - but it wasn't trying to be.

It was (it seemed) to be setting the stage for the final act - and hopefully less "Doctor saves the entire universe" every week stories if he's gotta stay in the shadows a bit.

I think if I thought about it too much the episode (and the arc) would fall apart, but it's enjoyable and fun just to sit and take the ride :)

Made no sense to me at all and I think I've only missed 2 episodes... presumably I need to watch one or both of them to understand the ending?

I think the two I missed were let's kill Hitler and the kids nightmares one?

Made no sense to me at all and I think I've only missed 2 episodes... presumably I need to watch one or both of them to understand the ending?

I think the two I missed were let's kill Hitler and the kids nightmares one?

Missing let's kill hitler would confuse things, because you wouldn't have been properly introduced to the xxxxxxx.

The whole time stops thing was just unnecessary though - thrown in for no apparent reason but to allow some weird juxtapositions.

I "loved" the fact they tied up any of the question about River not remembering/recognising stuff with a quick "I lie to" at the end.

Papering over some rather large plot holes there :P

It's a tribute to Moffat's writing that he can pull shit like that and completely swerve around emotionally interesting plot points using shape-shifting robots, and still wind up with a remarkably engaging show.

I'm more interested in the setup for next series (And presumably the 50th anniversary year in 2013 where I expect it to get resolved).

We have a married Doctor who can continue to bring in River as a special guest when Alex Kingston is available in a universe that thinks the Doctor is dead (Not sure how they'll achieve that one) racing towards a showdown of universe wetting proportions that hinges on just who he is.

So. Minor roles for Rory and Amy during the Christmas special and the odd appearance in the next series but the focus on a new companion I think.

I hope so. I feel like it needs someone new to keep it fresh.

I think the last few episodes have made it clear we're done with Amy and Rory. It's a shame but that's how the show works. Always moving forward. It's much better for it

Was great, and Moffat delivers on his wish to knock the Doctor down a peg or two. I think we were all getting a bit bored with the 'I'm the scariest bloke in the universe' speeches. Will be good to get back to him turning up, having an adventure, and buggering off leaving people behind none the wiser as to who he was.

And my wife and boys loved it too, big thumbs up in our house

Was great, and Moffat delivers on his wish to knock the Doctor down a peg or two. I think we were all getting a bit bored with the 'I'm the scariest bloke in the universe' speeches.

Let alone everyone knowing him, having met him, or the entire universe loving him etc.

This series has not been for the Doctor Who traditionalists has it?

I'll be honest, after Doctor Who went for a break, I havent had chance to watch the episodes leading up to tonights finale. I am going to watch them as and when i can.

I was in tonight for a change so I watched the Finale.

I managed to follow it, and understand what was happening. But the thing ended with yet another reset button being pressed. [ or kissed ]

There is just not enough suspense or adventure for me in Doctor Who anymore. And i've always liked it.

but the series has changed so much from When it re-started with Chris Eccleston.

Not enough Adventure and high jinks.

Oh, and I hate BBC placement! the piece in the shop window with BBC Breakfast was cringeworthy :lol:

Please, hear me from a non judgmental point of view and I hope you all enjoyed it!!

This series has not been for the Doctor Who traditionalists has it?

I'll be honest, after Doctor Who went for a break, I havent had chance to watch the episodes leading up to tonights finale. I am going to watch them as and when i can.

I was in tonight for a change so I watched the Finale.

I managed to follow it, and understand what was happening. But the thing ended with yet another reset button being pressed. [ or kissed ]

There is just not enough suspense or adventure for me in Doctor Who anymore. And i've always liked it.

but the series has changed so much from When it re-started with Chris Eccleston.

Not enough Adventure and high jinks.

Oh, and I hate BBC placement! the piece in the shop window with BBC Breakfast was cringeworthy :lol:

Please, hear me from a non judgmental point of view and I hope you all enjoyed it!!

Yeah, if they could marry Moffat's obvious talent for spinning a tale with some genuine authorial integrity and respect for their characters' histories it could be excellent.

I enjoyed that, but I also thought it was a little disappointing. It was a little too heavy on the exposition, making for a satisfying wrap up but not an amazing episode in its own right. I thought last season's finalé was much stronger.

I didn't see that explanation coming. I guess people weren't too far off the mark with the Flesh Doctor idea!