Rllmuk On Your Psp

cloudbt

The fonts, etc all look wrong, obviously not being optimized for the PSP. Surely Sony will  release some kind of proper browser.

From the descriptions of how it seems to work, it looks like a work-in-progress of a proper browser (it even has its own browser agent string, which includes the acronym SCEJ, suggesting it is an interal Sony development but nothing to do with WipEout Pure's developers). It seems that although it's not really complete, it was enough for WipEout Pure and was included because of that. I wouldn't offer any kind of odds against Sony releasing a more complete browser, soon.

Have you got any better sites that explain it in more detail, cheers

The original site that posted it got lots of hits (from a huge amount of places, and it probably didn't help that it got /.ed), but a mirror can be found here.

From Sony's PSP website

Q  Can you browse Internet websites with the PSP system?

Currently, the PSP system does not offer Internet browsing functionality.

Q  Will I be able to play online at wireless Hotspots?

A  Yes, with some limitations. This is accomplished through an Infrastructure/Online mode, which connects the PSP system to the Internet through a wireless-LAN from access points (typical for home networks) or Hotspots (typically for public/commercial use). However, wireless Hotspots that require you to login via a webpage for access will not be currently accessible to PSP system users.

Not currently eh?

but the l337est version must be that guy who posted from his xbox, that was cool.

Why? The Xbox has a homebrew browser, you can connect it via ethernet, it also has adapter to plug in a mouse and keyboard.

It IS a PC, when you apply the above.

The PSP has none of those.

Browsing the internet using that software keyboard would be a lesson in frustration. Wasn't there a little keyboard add-on planned? I'm sure I've seen a picture of one?

There was a keypad thingy shown, but I'm not sure if it was officially confirmed. It was a small translucent qwerty thing with tiny letters that fit on top of the PSP somehow and looked very awkward, probably better than a software keyboard but still a bit crap.

Edit: found a pic.

There was a keypad thingy shown, but I'm not sure if it was officially confirmed. It was a small translucent qwerty thing with tiny letters that fit on top of the PSP somehow and looked very awkward, probably better than a software keyboard but still a bit crap.

Edit: found a pic.

That's the badger, although I remember it being neater than that. :)

and this wasn't ... I couldn't face typing out instructions using PSP :D

go to this site http://www.base2.org/~fugimax/weblog/archives/000296.html

It tells you an easy way to configure PSP to use browser (you still have to have Wipeout Pure tho)

All you need to do is alter the connection details (or setupa seperate one like I did) with the DNS pointing to this guys DNS server :D

Sorry m8... mine worked first time and I am no network expert...

Only difference I can see ids you are using an odd DNS address compared to mine

I set Primary and Secondary DNS = to my Router address (in your case 192.168.0.1) ... you have it set to 192.168.4.100???

(I hasten to add this is for normal connections... for Wipeout Pure browsing use 67.171.70.72 as primary cos it'll point that guys DNS erver and avoid standard Wipeout website)

good question...

Mine told me in my manual that came with the router...

as if i goto my routers IP address in IE/Firefox it takes me to configuration page... without that you wouldn't even be able to set it up so I guess it must be in the router manual somewhere

Ok, managed to fix the problem. User stupidity on my part. :D

Using my normal connection wipeout gets to the "Download Coming Soon" page but when I change the DNS to 67.171.70.72 I still get the wipeout "Download Coming Soon" page, not the other page.