rllmuk
Couch Corpse

Moto GP 2019 Season

Always thought it would be Michael Dunlop who died racing, not William. Now Michael is the only one left.

Whatever day you think you're going to have at work on Monday, at least you're not the bloke who has to explain to the KTM CEO that not only do you not have the 3 bikes they were supposed to run at their home Grand Prix, but that you have 1 and the rider is someone you already fired.

• Upvote 2

Only vaguely watching because the BTCC race is happening.  Look up, Lowes is on the deck.

And they say bike racing isn't predictable...

• Upvote 1

What's on at Silverstone tomorrow then? seems bonkers not to go 'race on tomorrow, free entry to all' The place can more than handle it.

Yeah, there's that incident, at least one more and we never did find out quite what it was that caused Rossi to fire him between races.

The fun thing is, the guy he tried to assault there? His teammate next year.

The guy has had questionable attitude issues for years; what he did at the weekend was utterly batshit. You look at how many riders have been lost over the past 15 years and figure that riding around by itself is risky enough, let alone without some anger-riddled moron reaching across and slamming on your brakes for you.

Yeah exactly. You might not like some otjer rider but theres respect for how dangerous it is. Fenati ignored all that and its unforgiveable

Schwantz and Rainey despised each other and never resorted to such dispicable behaviour.

I get banging into somebody or pushing them wide, Marquez style or Rossi on Gibernau. Or maybe "getting your elbows out". But grabbing someones brake? Thats borderline sociopathy.

Fenati will probably end up in Superbikes somewhere :lol:

51 minutes ago, McFly said:

I get banging into somebody or pushing them wide, Marquez style or Rossi on Gibernau. Or maybe "getting your elbows out". But grabbing someones brake? Thats borderline sociopathy.

Fenati will probably end up in Superbikes somewhere :lol:

Indeed, like I mentioned Rainey and Schwantz. Both hated each other, neither knew why :lol: and they'd run each other off the track if need be but wouldn't stoop as low as Fenati has (and the video I posted seemed to be stuff against the same guy as yesterday's incident) and when Rainey had his career ending accident Schwantz was incredibly supportive in his recovery. (I'm a huge fan of Schwantz btw, he and Jean Alesi are my Motorsport heroes)

• Upvote 1

And MV have indeed confirmed he's been pre-fired.

I'd feel some sympathy for him if he didn't have a history.  He deserved the 2nd chance after the Ajo incident for instance.

But now? No.

it shows he doesn't have the emotional stability to race.

I know that in motogp when they come off it just looks like they slide a bit and then get up and run after the bike... and many times they do just that.

But it can be deadly. And doing that to another rider is just appalling and could lead to a death. Kicking out is one thing but messing with brakes which WILL fuck up bike stability is unforgiveable.

He needs to get helpfor his emotional lack of control/anger and he needs to be gone from the sport permanently.

Anybody watch the opening races then? Moto GP was surprisingly close, which is a nice change. Having the whole field so close was amazing to see. And what a shame that Quartararo had to start from the pit lane. I'd love to have seen him up with the leaders.

But really, what a joke Qatar is. 15,000 people watching the race there :/ yet they have secured a deal until 2031. It's not a bad track, but just looks so lifeless with hardly any spectators around the track.

And I still can't stand Crutchlow, and the more the commentators bang on about him, the more my hatred grows.

It was a good start to the season but im also not a fan of Qatar in general. So weird seeing Lorenz on a Repsol bike though.

On 14/03/2019 at 03:59, SteveH said:

Anybody watch the opening races then? Moto GP was surprisingly close, which is a nice change. Having the whole field so close was amazing to see. And what a shame that Quartararo had to start from the pit lane. I'd love to have seen him up with the leaders.

But really, what a joke Qatar is. 15,000 people watching the race there :/ yet they have secured a deal until 2031. It's not a bad track, but just looks so lifeless with hardly any spectators around the track.

And I still can't stand Crutchlow, and the more the commentators bang on about him, the more my hatred grows.

Yeah enjoyed it a lot, crazy only 15,000 turned up though.

How come you don't like Crutchlow? I'm mean he can be a bit of cock sometimes but who can't?

Always found Crutchlow to be a moaner personally, although I stopped watching the last couple of years. Just watched Btsports highlights on YouTube, good to see the Suzuki up there even though he tailed off at the end.

The thing with Crutchlow is, that he is such a miserable sod, and I've read many times that he can be an arse to work with. But what really ramped up my hatred, is the BT crew acting like he is some kind of hard man that they are all scared of. Neil Hodgsons bollocks on the grid walk like "ooohhhh, be gentle with me Cal. You won't be angry with me will you Cal?" 

He rides a bike for gods sake, he isn't in the SAS or an MMA fighter! It has gotten pretty ridiculous how they seem to have stuck him on this pedestal now.