Moto GP 2020 Season (??? I guess)

Good stuff, shame Stoner beat Rossi off the podium, but it was a good battle between them and great to see Rossi getting stuck in. Gutted for RDP fracturing his leg, he been on awesome form recently :( Hopefully he's not out for too long. Was a pretty nasty looking crash there, the others were lucky to escape injury free.

Quality action packed Moto2 race again earlier. Brilliant ride by Elias, though I reckon they should stick a gyro cam on his bike too, that would be excellent to see :(

Now to watch BSB race two three. Fingers crossed Kiyo's bike doesn't break down this time.

Did they move the gear and rear brake pedals on Rossi's bike? Or was his right leg fine? (I honestly cannot remember which leg he broke).

Right leg it was he broke. No changes needed apparently. Think they were considering a thumb brake for the rear, but didn't need it in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

He just looks like he's feeling the full force of Kallio's bike hitting him there and yelping in pain. Poor Randy :(

At least his op went well and he's hoping to be back for Brno in a couple of weeks.

Caught up with the WSB from Silverstone last night. Some great racing with Rea and Crutchlow pulling away up front, then some decent action from the group behind. Strong rides from Camier, shame he was unlucky in quali, having his fastest time disallowed. Good to see Toseland still hungry, racing right til the finish line trying to pass Haslam. Sad seeing Haga riding round mid-pack yet again, but they did say in the commentary that the team think they are at the limit with what they can develop and improve with the bike as it is now, so hopefully maybe they can sort something out for next year, or he can switch team and get on something competitive again.

Awesome double for Crutchlow. I'm not his biggest fan, but watching him drift through Woodcote was pretty mighty :ph34r:

See if I can catch a repeat of the WSS and other races, or try find them for download.

Awesome double for Crutchlow. I'm not his biggest fan, but watching him drift through Woodcote was pretty mighty :phear:

I'm not a particular fan of his either, partly because I used to work with his ex girlfriend, she was lovely and I was jealous, frankly :facepalm:

That said, him sliding round Woodcote was incredible and his Pole time would have put him 5th on the MotoGP grid.

So Yamahahahahaha have said that if Rossi were to go to Ducati, then they would be wanting to put Ben Spies into the Rossi shaped hole in their roster with Crutchlow hopefully going to Tech 3

Spies on a works bike would be fantastic, dunno how he'd get on with Jorge mind... I think Cal deserves a shot at MotoGP, he's an exciting rider.

Spies on a works bike would be fantastic, dunno how he'd get on with Jorge mind... I think Cal deserves a shot at MotoGP, he's an exciting rider.

Aye, Unspec was telling me last night that one of the other reasons why that is good is because Dorna are wanting a British rider in the GP. Obviously it would be even better if Cal joins and carries on like he has in WSB instead of being like James Toseland.

Aye, Unspec was telling me last night that one of the other reasons why that is good is because Dorna are wanting a British rider in the GP. Obviously it would be even better if Cal joins and carries on like he has in WSB instead of being like James Toseland.

That doesn't surprise me, there should be a Brit in the top class. I still feel that James could have achieved more in his second year but for those huge, confidence sapping crashes that he had in testing just prior to his second year.

Is it wrong to think it would be fun watching him on a Tech3 wind up Stoner? :lol:

Definitely not :twisted:

So Rossi might not have wanted to announce yet if he'll be moving to Ducati next year, but it hasn't stopped them letting slip themselves in a interview over at cycleworld.com

“This season will not bring to Ducati any crown in the sport,” said Del Torchio,” but I look forward to Valentino Rossi teaming up with Nicky Hayden.

“Nicky is a wonderful person and a great rider,” he added. “This year, he greatly contributed to improving our Desmosedici racer. Next year, he and Valentino will hone the bike to its ultimate winning potential.”

Now to see if Jeremy Burgess and the rest of the super crew will be moving over with him. Apparently he's already mates with Preziosi who designs the Ducati's, so it might not be a huge loss if Burgess doesn't move over with him.

Either way, I'm liking the sound of Rossi and Hayden as team mates again :)

Randy doesn't seem to mind too much about his broken leg...

9159958f.jpg

:wub:

I was just coming over to post that about Rossi actually

Ducati CEO Gabriele Del Torchio has let-slip that Valentino Rossi will be with Ducati for the 2011 season, claiming that he would form a great partnership with Nicky Hayden.

Whilst no official statement has come from either Ducati Corse or Fiat Yamaha, the Ducati boss seemed to lift the lid on MotoGP’s worst kept secret when talking to Cycle World Magazine.

“Nicky is a wonderful person and a great rider. This year, he greatly contributed to improving our Desmosedici racer. Next year, he and Valentino [Rossi] will hone the bike to its ultimate winning potential,” said Del Torchio.

Del Torchio also revealed big plans for Ducati in World Superbikes, with the planned replacement of the current 1198 superbike following a disappointing year.

“We knew that we were going to face a tough year in World Superbike,” he claimed. “The new rules don’t help; someone was allowed to bend them, and our 1198 has reached its ultimate potential. In two years, we shall be ready with our new 1200cc Twin.”

Am I alone in thinking it isn't the best move ever for Rossi? That bike has proven to be difficult to ride at times, and this season, his accident notwithstanding, I think Rossi has lost a little of his magic.

Race was a bit of a bore today. The shake up for next year can't come soon enough. It needs another 10 plus bikes on the grid for it to get some excitement back into it.

Am I alone in thinking it isn't the best move ever for Rossi? That bike has proven to be difficult to ride at times, and this season, his accident notwithstanding, I think Rossi has lost a little of his magic.

Race was a bit of a bore today. The shake up for next year can't come soon enough. It needs another 10 plus bikes on the grid for it to get some excitement back into it.

Allll alone. Look at the state of the M1 before Rossi and his team got ahold of it. If anything I think Rossi has done pretty much all that he can do at Yamaha, and since the Desmo has been said to be difficult, who better to tame the fucker really? Next season is definitely going to be exciting as hell simply from the fact that he and Jorge won't be sharing the same garage and will be proper rivals. Give him some time to get back to 100% and with Jorge as serious competition, we are bound to get some amazing races.

Mmm, it was something they were saying on Eurosport with regards Stoner and the Ducati. I think they were saying that the team get the bike working ok-ish, but then kind of hit a brick wall throughout the weekend, making no further improvements. At least I think that is what they were claiming - I had company so couldn't hear properly.

I agree they turned the Yamaha around, but is he still capable of out-performing the machinery underneath him?

They insinuated it was one of the reasons Stoner wanted to go to Honda. Unless Rossi takes some team members with him, will he be able to keep them pushing the performance of the bike over a race weekend. I hope so as I find Lorenzo to be a charisma free zone to be honest - and his Rossi style stunts when he wins a race kind of grate as well.

I definitely think he's more than capable of it for three reasons

1. Unlike Casey, Vale is a developer. The M1 was a joke before he started riding it and now it is actually 'the' bike. Jorge Lorenzo rides one, and Ben Spies does as well and look at how well he's been doing

2. Unlike Casey, Vale is a developer, and Ducati know that between him and his team, they are more than capable of turning around a bike and they have the resources to give him what he wants.

3. He has Jerry Burgess with him.