Moto GP 2020 Season (??? I guess)

Wondering what's up with the BBC getting a different female presenter each year? Last years one didn't have a clue about motorcycles and from the couple of minutes I witnessed it seems this years doesnt have much knowledge either.

Azi Farni is the new (to BBC) pit-lane reporter. She knows her stuff pretty well I'd say, been working as a reporter for motogp.com since 09 and worked in WRC for a couple of years before that I think.

Snip

New fantasy league standings...

Pos Name Team Points

1 Bunta OCP 99
2 unspec CheezyHQ 94
3 Meatball Meaty Motorsports 86
4 Wickedkitten Team Kizzle 84
5 kiroquai Yamawaaaaah 67
6 Badger Badger Racing 60
7 ????? Mee Faster 43
8 McFly Racing weasels 43

Go Casey!!! Keep on getting me those good points please. Simoncelli did me pretty good too :)

Not sure who Mee Faster is??

I'm Mee faster, my tactic of picking Rossi thinking he would do the business in the race dosen't seem to be paying off.

Just hoping this season isn't going to turn out to be a Honda procession.

I'm Mee faster, my tactic of picking Rossi thinking he would do the business in the race dosen't seem to be paying off.

Just hoping this season isn't going to turn out to be a Honda procession.

They were saying back in January that his shoulder wouldn't be anywhere near 100% until about May.

The grid really is abysmal for MotoGP and I'm not sure the solution to a grid consisting of 9 new bikes and 8 old bikes really is "Make year old bikes illegal and make everyone else build new ones".

Has any new manufacturer even made noises about building a bike? I miss the days of Harris, WCM, ROC, Roberts Yamahas and/or Hondas.

What this grid needs is Cagiva again.

Is this thing on?

*taps cane*

Aye it's a tad weak at the moment. I spotted yesterday Karel Abraham had finished 13th and thought that wasn't bad for his first race. Then I realised 13th was also last place :doh:

The Marc VDS team who Scott Redding rides for in Moto2 have been testing their MotoGP bike and there's rumours of BMW entering. I'm not sure on anybody else.

Trailer for TT3D film.

Looking good at Donington for your man Checa again WK. Pretty dominant all practice and blitzing quali. Hopefully my boys Haga and Melandri can do good for me in the races after they both got fast quali laps fucked up by Biaggi :angry:

Max might not half ride a bike great but here he seems to be back to his old idiot style of getting in peoples way again while they're on a hot lap and apparently then after the quali session he had the cheek to storm into Melandri's garage and slap him! I hope Marco fought back, or at least beats him on track tomorrow.

Yesterday it sounds like he ran into Fabrizio causing him to crash after the pair of them had been upto some antics on track.

Reminds me of back when he was in MotoGP and was often finding himself in the way of people on flying laps. This was a particular favourite of mine, back from Assen 05. He'd already fucked up a few people, Franco Battaini especially as shown in this vid, but when he did it to Melandri he got some back...

Marco :blush:

And I've finally got round to reading the Ring Of Fire book what I got given for chrimbo, which is great so far and reading in there about some of his hissy fits and incidents from back in MotoGP.

MotoGP has been pretty dull for a wee bit really, moto2 has been fantastic though and WSB and WSS have also been good most of the time. It doesnt help that Qatar is a dire track but i rarely watched MotoGP last year i have to say.

Looking good, the WSBK team is strong - as long as Laverty can keep his cool.

Perhaps I can take the lead this weekend...

I really should have kept my mouth shut.

Oh, and picked Melandri. I had him in my team and at the last minute switched him for Lavery. What a chump. :doh:

Some excellent racing yesterday, the first superbike race especially, which I've just watched again now, was pretty mega. Think I chose well to put Marco in my fantasy team, two great rides from him and looking good going forwards too. And Mrs Melandri is indeed a lovely looking lady.

Shame about Biaggi's poor result and black flag :bye:

New fantasy league standings...

Pos Name Team Points

1 Meatball Meaty Motorsports 142
2 unspec CheezyHQ 142
3 Wickedkitten Team Kizzle 139
4 Bunta OCP 119
5 Badger Badger Racing 114
6 kiroquai Yamawaaaaah 97
7 ASM Mee Faster 88
8 McFly Racing weasels 83

Some tight bunchings there.

That wheel failure was insane. The hub stayed on the bike and all the spokes had snapped. Never seen anything like that before in my life on an alloy wheel.

Great races though - well, race one was, two was ok but the field were a little too spread out. What happened to Haga to end up at the back of the pack, and was Biaggi's black flag for the jump start? I assume he didn't do a drive through for whatever reason?

I ask because I recorded it on Eurosport HD and for reasons unknown they started the second race showing with 16 laps to go, the twats :/

I'm worried this might be Haga's last year if he doesn't start improving. What has happened to Shane Byrne by the way, has he gone to BSB?

That wheel failure was insane. The hub stayed on the bike and all the spokes had snapped. Never seen anything like that before in my life on an alloy wheel.

Great races though - well, race one was, two was ok but the field were a little too spread out. What happened to Haga to end up at the back of the pack, and was Biaggi's black flag for the jump start? I assume he didn't do a drive through for whatever reason?

I ask because I recorded it on Eurosport HD and for reasons unknown they started the second race showing with 16 laps to go, the twats :/

I'm worried this might be Haga's last year if he doesn't start improving. What has happened to Shane Byrne by the way, has he gone to BSB?

Yea, and he's in the HM Plant Honda team. That's a well-sorted bike and an excellent team.

Yea, and he's in the HM Plant Honda team. That's a well-sorted bike and an excellent team.

True, but he's only ever done well on a Ducati that was way better than anything else, as my warped memory remembers anyways.

What has happened to Shane Byrne by the way, has he gone to BSB?

Haga ran on at the last corner and dropped his bike, so had to pick it up and get going again. Not sure exactly what caused it, possibly outbraked himself or perhaps got mixed up with someone else while braking for the corner and had to run on cause of that. It was just seen in the background of the shot as the camera was on some others coming out of the final corner onto the straight, so we didn't see how it started.

Biaggi got black flagged for not going in for a ride-through penalty that he was given because of his jump start. He claimed he didn't see the board telling him he had the penalty, but as mentioned in the commentary he obviously knew he'd jumped the start so should've suspected he'd be penalised and been looking for the board.

Shakey has been pretty fast in testing on the Honda, so should be competitive. But we'll see.

From crash

1987 500cc world champion Wayne Gardner believes that new Ducati MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi has lost the gamble he made by not seeking earlier surgery for his shoulder injury.

Rossi, a seven-time MotoGP champion, injured his shoulder in a motocross training accident shortly after last year's opening round.

Despite being initially described as a minor injury, the ligament damage proved reluctant to heal and - even after he had returned from a broken leg at Mugello - Rossi was still struggling with the shoulder.

But by then, shoulder surgery would have meant missing his last races for Yamaha - and the chance to try the Ducati at the end-of-season Valencia test.

Rossi therefore gambled that he would gain more by delaying surgery until after the Valencia test, than by missing the test and being in better physical shape for the start of the 2011 season.

Gardner however feels that Rossi, just seventh on his Ducati race debut at Qatar earlier this month, should have gone for surgery earlier and has now been left with 'the worst of both worlds'.

“The reason [Rossi] opted to continue [racing rather than have surgery] had a lot to do with his desire to test the Ducati at Valencia in November,” Gardner wrote in his weekly review for waynegardnerapproved.com.

“With that test painfully acquainting the nine-times world champion with the Desmosedici's major design faults, it looked like the call may have been the right one.

“Afterall, if it's detailed feedback and evaluation Ducati engineers were looking for, they certainly received it in spades. For Rossi, the sacrifice of delaying surgery appeared as though it would pay off in the form of a totally re-configured motorcycle for the start of 2011.

“That's why I'm baffled at the current situation the team find themselves in. The bike appears to be virtually the same as last years'. In fact, if you look at the times set in Qatar, you could argue that it's actually worse.

“To add insult to injury (or should that be injury to insult?), their star recruit is struggling with a shoulder that still looks to be far from its best. It's a complete disaster and I can see no significant benefit in Rossi having delayed his surgery to test the bike late last year.”

Rossi's second race for Ducati takes place at Jerez this weekend.

Just left VR media scrum. Words up on AUTOSPORT.com soon. Casey's amazing words soon up there too. His bike was undamaged.

http://twitter.com/#!/tobymoody/status/54567015020638208

:o

Casey basically parked up and spat his dummy! His status as a moaner is confirmed.

To compound matters, he basically accused Rossi of having little talent :o

Stoner (smiling): “How's your shoulder? Is it okay?”

Rossi (helmet still on): “I'm very sorry.”

Stoner: “Okay. You have some problem with your shoulder?”

Rossi: “I make a mistake”

Stoner: “Yeah. Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent.”

Rossi: “Eh?”

Stoner: “Ambition is more than the talent.”

Rossi: “I'm very sorry.”

Stoner: “No problem.”

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/168055/1/what_stoner_said_to_rossi_after_jerez_crash.html

The guy has shown a total lack of class!

That's the bit that pisses me off the most. Call him a dick if you want, but for someone who has won the championship 7 times and is on the bike that everyone was saying that only you could ride who had it in third place even with a fucked up shoulder and was getting ready to pass your arse with it, to actually try to call him untalented is the action of a cunt to be quite fucking frank. Especially when he is apologising like mad to your mardy arse.

Autosport.com article by Toby Moody

Casey Stoner says he was more upset by the lack of assistance he received from the Jerez marshals after his collision with Valentino Rossi than by the Italian's error.

Rossi fell while trying to pass Stoner for second early in the Spanish Grand Prix, with the Ducati sliding into the Honda and taking both out.

While Rossi was able to rejoin and finish fifth, Stoner had to retire - but the Australian was adamant that his bike could have continued if he had received more assistance from the track workers at the scene.

"There was no damage to my bike," said Stoner. "When I got knocked off, I switched the bike off with the kill switch. Unfortunately with our clutch system we have to have two pins to start the bike normally.

"We tried to start it a few times and I tried to move it up the gears, and I think if we'd got over the hill with more people pushing, there's a good chance we could've started the bike.

"When I looked back I had like one guy pushing me, all the rest were walking back to their posts... What am I supposed to do with that? For sure that guy was trying hard, but with one guy it's impossible - he'd be destroyed before we got over the hill.

"I think if we'd have been able to get the bike going we would have had some very good points because the bike was undamaged. We should've been able to be competitive to the end, but things happen like this.

"This is something that riders who are against Valentino have had to learn to deal with. It's completely unfair, but it's something that's happened to me in the past when I've crashed. I've had people pushing my bike off the track - even when it's perfect and I can still race. I've had to fight with marshals to get them to try and get me started again."

Stoner added: "This was a racing incident, just him losing the talent in this corner. It's disappointing for me, but for me the worst was the marshals not helping me and to completely forget me like I'm nothing, and then trying to push me off the bike basically."

The Honda rider believes the issue needs to be addressed.

"I'd like to see something done about it - not just for me but for other riders," said Stoner.

"I just think it's completely unfair. There's not enough consistency in the marshalling all around the world. There's got to be consistency with everyone, not hampering someone's race just because of popularity."

But he did not think it was worth raising his marshalling concerns in MotoGP's safety commission.

"I don't go to the safety commission anymore," Stoner said. "It's like knocking your head against a wall - nothing happens.

"You put a lot of effort in for nothing in that safety commission. There are just certain people they listen to, certain people who complain about small things."

Rossi came to the Honda pit to apologise to Stoner after the race, but the Australian was unhappy with the manner of Rossi's approach - and over the on-track error itself.

"I think if he wanted to immediately [apologise], he would have got off the bike and done it straight off the bike," said Stoner. "But he went back into the garage, I don't know why, and walked down with the helmet on.

"It was a little bit disappointing from him - such an experienced rider and pushing so hard that early in the race. He was obviously going to run wide, why try to keep the line? It was very easy to crash in these conditions.

"In racing incidents happen. We just need to think about the next race because we know we had another really good chance to win the race. But it's disappointing to lose so many points so early in the season without it being my fault.

"For sure he's sorry, he's in front of the cameras. I don't blame Valentino for this, it's not his fault - it's probably the shoulder or something, struggling with the braking point. I think they haven't got the best solution for that bike yet. He's struggling with this and wasn't able to run the times of the front guys. We'll see in his next races.

"But this is something I want to forget. I want to try and move on to the next race and see if we can still be competitive in Portugal."

Stoner did not feel that Rossi's move was worthy of a penalty, though.

"I've seen a lot worse overtaking in other categories and also last year when someone needs a yellow card - not a manoeuvre where somebody makes a mistake," he said.

The Australian also underlined that he was not pushing when Rossi caught and attacked him, as he was waiting for conditions to change later in the race.

"I wasn't in a hurry to stay in front of everyone in this race," said Stoner. "We knew the tyres were coming down and everyone would be in the same situation, so it was just time to stay quiet.

"I heard him coming, I gave him plenty of space, but it still wasn't enough. Maybe next time I need to put the brakes on more and let him go."