Moto GP

Couch Corpse

So once again the red mist gets the better of Marquez at the start of a race. One part of me thinks he is so dumb for pulling such stunts - he has been in Moto G.P long enough to know better. But the fanboy in me is glad to see he isn't beyond taking risks. It was always possible he would lose his bottle after his operation. Doesn't excuse his rash behaviour though. 

Wasn't it Ryuichi Kiyonari who admitted he lost his nerve somewhat after having a big accident? He was certainly never the same rider again sadly.

On 30/08/2021 at 03:26, SteveH said:

So once again the red mist gets the better of Marquez at the start of a race. One part of me thinks he is so dumb for pulling such stunts - he has been in Moto G.P long enough to know better. But the fanboy in me is glad to see he isn't beyond taking risks. It was always possible he would lose his bottle after his operation. Doesn't excuse his rash behaviour though. 

Wasn't it Ryuichi Kiyonari who admitted he lost his nerve somewhat after having a big accident? He was certainly never the same rider again sadly.

You also have to consider that, for actually the first time in his whole top tier career he's not riding for a championship.  For him 2nd and retired are pretty much the same thing this year, so he's going purely for those wins.  The same of course is true of Martin because of the races missed so it's a bad combination.

People like say, Mir would have to consider much more carefully what they do then.  I wonder whether Martin would do the same again.

Dixon back on the SRT because apparently Xavi Virge thinks he'll get a better offer....ever.

Tempted to actually place a bet on him never making a MotoGP start now.

McPhee gets Dixon's Moto2 bike where I imagine he'll do pretty much the exact same thing with it as Dixon generally does.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify if there are any non-MotoGP nerds in here....

Ducati Lenovo (the main team) and Pramac are identical bikes.

Epsonorama (The Avintia and VR46 liveries) are 2 years old.

The Monster (works) Yamaha and Rossi's bike are identical.  The 2nd Petronas bike, whoever is on it is 2 years old.

All the other manufacturers are factory bikes no matter who is running it (eg Tech 3 KTM).

Next year some of this changes.

3 hours ago, McFly said:

I got completely lost with bikes/teams setup ythis year, so thanks for that.

Next year, Gresini, who run Aprilia's team are going indie again with a pair of Ducatis and Aprilia are bringing it in house.  Esponsorama will be fully replaced on the grid by Rossi's team and the Petronas Sepang team are leaving to be replaced with a new team set up by the current management.

This means 8 Ducatis and it's not entirely clear how the hell they're going to distribute bikes.  I believe the new "Indie" yamaha team will move to a works bike for Dovi and a 1 year old for <insert sucker here>.

Honestly I think it's time they grew up and either supply at least current year bikes an update or two behind or not at all, it's too close for anyone to consistently do well on them so what do you learn?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh those Hislop v McKenzie Boost Yamaha years 

:wub:

I never remember which circuit it was but I have a strong memory of them literally lifting each other up as they went through a chicane side by side.

I used to go to BSB alot during that time (a friend of my Dad's was a sponsor of Ron Haslams young rider program), I remember them initially really struggling with reliability and my Dad would joke that the Boost was to help get then running.

We went to go knockhill a couple of times when we lived not too far away. My dad and brothers family were at British GP this year, but I've not been to live racing for years, 2008 Northwest 200 last time iirc