Halo 2 On Normal = Fun, Fun, Fun!

HappyCat

I got Halo 2 a couple of weeks after release and after reading comments on here played it through on Heroic.

This week I started playing again on Heroic, but last night after an hour of trying half-heartedly to trudge my way through the Cairo level, I though "bugger this" and re-started on Normal, and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

Thinking about it now, I think it's the sense of empowerment - having got frustrated by my slow progress on Heroic, I now feel like I'm really kickin' - "Elite my ASS!!!". I certainly don't feel like I'm "cheating" (having already done it on Heroic), and I just don't have the time to spend getting frustrated - I'd much rather spend my limited time on the fun side of kickin' ass.

Any other "pansies" out there?

I got Halo 2 a couple of weeks after release and after reading comments on here played it through on Heroic.

This week I started playing again on Heroic, but last night after an hour of trying half-heartedly to trudge my way through the Cairo level, I though "bugger this" and re-started on Normal, and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

Thinking about it now, I think it's the sense of empowerment - having got frustrated by my slow progress on Heroic, I now feel like I'm really kickin' - "Elite my ASS!!!". I certainly don't feel like I'm "cheating" (having already done it on Heroic), and I just don't have the time to spend getting frustrated - I'd much rather spend my limited time on the fun side of kickin' ass.

Any other "pansies" out there?

I love Halo on easy setting. I love kicking n00b asses online too B)

But the real deal is with Heroic/Legendary (not that I have completed it on legendary :unsure: )

But the real deal is with Heroic/Legendary (not that I have completed it on legendary  ;)  )

Not on Halo 2 it isn't. I'd say the perfect level for Halo 2 is Heroic. They cheated a lot on Halo 2 Legendary which sucks hard. With Halo they actually thought about it but this time they just did what every other game does, so enemies with stupid amounts of shield, stupidly powerful weapons and on hit snipers. Which I actually didn't mind. Made it kind of tense.

Never mind just Halo 2 - loads of times I've found myself going "what the hell" and playing on a simple skill level. In the past, I used to agree with a mate that it really doesn't count unless you finish it in the highest level, hence my playing through games such as Half Life on the hardest possible. But with diminishing free time, I've had a lot more fun actually finishing games and enjoying it.

Usually though, this is because of bad design, where the hard skill levels are the aforementioned cheats that result in you needing more bullets. In theory, if you are great at the game, the hardest skill level should be a test of your abilities, not of your endurance. We play for fun, not frustration.

I first played Halo on Normal and got my ass wooped so downgraded to easy and got marginally better but gave up about 2/3 way through. Played many hours on link-up.

Started Halo 2 on Normal and found it too easy so moved up to heroic and found that about right. Completed on Heroic.

Tried Legendary, got past the hangers after about 2 weeks/25 hours play and didn't bother to carry on.

Recently started playing Halo again on Legendary and I'm loving it. Far better than Halo 2 Legendary and I've only died a couple of times and I'm 4 levels in. 1 level a night for every other night is perfect.

I haven't even played it on normal. What do you want me to say? I found Heroic fairly easy, to be honest. I might try normal, just for you. :(

Just thought it was funny ;)

Anyway, I agree with Fry - I play for fun, not frustration. This'll sound weird, but I was actually quite surprised at how much fun it was on Normal. It was almost as if I'd been indoctrined with the whole "must play on Heroic or Legendary to be a real man!" thing and forgot that I was trying to have fun.

Well, better go, got a tunnel to drive down.

Just thought it was funny  :(

Anyway, I agree with Fry - I play for fun, not frustration. This'll sound weird, but I was actually quite surprised at how much fun it was on Normal. It was almost as if I'd been indoctrined with the whole "must play on Heroic or Legendary to be a real man!" thing and forgot that I was trying to have fun.

Well, better go, got a tunnel to drive down.

I agree, I tried playing on Heroic and it just frustrated me. Playing on Easy/Normal is much more fun for me, that's all I really care about.