Free Stereophonics Gig

Calum

Yes, but The Stereophonics will do anything to be trendy. 'Cos they're SHIT.

I wouldn't go to see them if they were playing in my back garden.

I can imagine the Stereophonics ready in your garden to play, and you going "Oi, you! Fuck off away from my house you cunts!" and then running away all disappointed

In other news, their new album is quite good.

The Stereophonics were quite deservedly big before their song with Tom Jones.

Won Best New Band at the Brit Awards in 1998, first album went gold and their 2nd album entered the charts at number 1 and only took 3 weeks to go platinum.

Of course JEEP and the fourth album were utter travesties but the new one is kinda alright.

This girl I know won the chance to have The Cooper Temple Clause play in her back garden. In the end, they couldnt be arsed to turn up, instead sending along a record company lackey with their latest album.

True Story.

I generally can't fucking stand The Stereophonics - a couple of decent singles from the debut album followed by years of unmitigated shite. That is, until, this year and the new record comes along with some decent songs and a really rather nice first single. It feels a bit strange to like something by them....I imagine it's a similar sensation to the type a sexually confused young adult must have upon realising for certain that they're gay and considering the implications of being so.