IGNORED

Banjo-threeie

KesDragon

edit: ok, yeah it is. I did the wrong one.

Whois info for, BANJOTHREEIE.COM:

Registrant:

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

US

Domain name: BANJOTHREEIE.COM

Administrative Contact:

Administrator, Domain domains@microsoft.com

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

US

+1.4258828080

Technical Contact:

Hostmaster, MSN msnhst@microsoft.com

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

US

+1.4258828080

It has been registered since 2000 however and expires in a few months time.

.::: Nah, that were the two other things on the N64. :(

Apart from Perfect Dark, Rare's entire catalogue doesn't seem to gel with the Xbox' audience. I'm still having doubts about Conker becoming a success. If anything I'm afraid it'll turn into another PGR: lapped up by the fans, ignored by everybody else.

This is one of the things I hope they address with the X360. Expand their audience and thus open the floodgates for more and different genres.

Rare must be doing something - they advertise for staff in every issue of Edge. Or maybe staff turnover is just really high.

Maybe they've got a whole raft of shit-hot, top-secret stuff in development for Xbox 2. Microsoft will surely be wanting to see SOME return on their (rather large) investment.

Rare must be doing something - they advertise for staff in every issue of Edge. Or maybe staff turnover is just really high.

Maybe they've got a whole raft of shit-hot, top-secret stuff in development for Xbox 2. Microsoft will surely be wanting to see SOME return on their (rather large) investment.

We'll see next month. I still have some faith in Rare, even if their last few titles have been a bit average.

Rare arent overrated, imo, as back in the day they were geniuses, and I loved their output. Recently it just seems like they've lost the 'magic' they used to have. I'm quietly hoping Perfect Dark 0 will rock, however, I'm trying not to think about it until it actually arrives. With any luck they'll be back on form :P

Rare arent overrated, imo, as back in the day they were geniuses, and I loved their output. Recently it just seems like they've lost the 'magic' they used to have. I'm quietly hoping Perfect Dark 0 will rock, however, I'm trying not to think about it until it actually arrives. With any luck they'll be back on form :P

I couldn't agree more. High five that man!

Rare arent overrated, imo, as back in the day they were geniuses, and I loved their output. Recently it just seems like they've lost the 'magic' they used to have. I'm quietly hoping Perfect Dark 0 will rock, however, I'm trying not to think about it until it actually arrives. With any luck they'll be back on form :rolleyes:

Well loads of the talent left really it would seem, personally I can only see it getting worse.

Rare arent overrated, imo, as back in the day they were geniuses, and I loved their output. Recently it just seems like they've lost the 'magic' they used to have. I'm quietly hoping Perfect Dark 0 will rock, however, I'm trying not to think about it until it actually arrives. With any luck they'll be back on form :rolleyes:

In all honesty, bar Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, their output has been fair to middling. DK Country was a bland platformer with pretty graphics, The Banjo games aped Mario 64 at the time and were very workmanlike efforts, but weren't exactly inspired titles. Blastcorps was a decent game as was JFG, but not classics by a long shot. As Ultimate they turned out some decent stuff, but then again, milked the hell out of them. Now they've managed GBTG and.....a Conker port (which is still unreleased). Far more tripe than triple A.

In all honesty, bar Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, their output has been fair to middling. DK Country was a bland platformer with pretty graphics, The Banjo games aped Mario 64 at the time and were very workmanlike efforts, but weren't exactly inspired titles. Blastcorps was a decent game as was JFG, but not classics by a long shot. As Ultimate they turned out some decent stuff, but then again, milked the hell out of them. Now they've managed GBTG and.....a Conker port (which is still unreleased). Far more tripe than triple A.

The first Banjo games was amazing. Fact.

Rare's games may not hold up so well in your eyes nowadays but at the time of release they were amazing. Rare's output was some of the best on the N64.

The first Banjo games was amazing.  Fact.

It was a pretty collect-a-thon with really naff character design, felt like a soulless cookie-cutter job and just paled into insignificance next to M64. Didn't stop them trying to do the same with Mario Kart either (really naff characters included). All fact.

Diddy Kong Racing was better than Mario Kart 64. FACT.

Oh and Jet Force Gemini was terrific. 3rd person shooting has rarely been done that well, or that well thought out.

There are very few companies that wouldn't milk a winning idea. It's good business sense.

I have to agree, I preferred Diddy Kong Racing to MK64, especially in the 1 player which was excellent. I also preferred Banjo to Mario, but then I think I'm one of a tiny minority.

I'm starting to think Rare have been purposefully holding back some stuff for the Xbox 2. Maybe that's even the reason MS bought them. Either way, we'll see at E3 I suppose.

I agree that Diddy Kong Racing was MUCH better than Mario Kart 64 and Jet Force Gemini was one of the best games of the last generation. Rare was red hot in the N64 days and I'm still not willing to give up on them.

Also, the last level of Banjo-Kazooie is one of the best levels in (platform) gaming history.

It was a pretty collect-a-thon with really naff character design, felt like a soulless cookie-cutter job and just paled into insignificance next to M64. Didn't stop them trying to do the same with Mario Kart either (really naff characters included). All fact.

totally and utterly agree. the only thing of worth Rare did on the N64 was Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and Blast Corps and they've done nothing good since then.