IGNORED

What Are You Playing?

Farley

The last couple of times I've played FFVII, I've mastered two of every materia in the game. Gets you a lovely set of master materias for your trouble. :)

(This did require chucking W-Item-duped elixirs at Magic Pots for a few hours; not sure if the PC version has that same 'exploit'.)

It would have been easier to defeat Emerald weapon and get the whole set from the Kalm traveller by trading your Earth Harp ;)

The W-Item dupe is still in there though, yeah.

I'm on something of a RPG kick at the minute. I've been buying loads of 360 and PS3 RPGs for pennies and I'm slowly working my way through them. I've completed both Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 in the last month or so. I'm now working my way through Arcania: The Complete Tale. It's a bit shonky, but I'm enjoying it for it's charm, if nothing else. Apparently its only about 20 hours long as well, which means I can then hopefully complete Tales of Xillia before Dark Souls 2 is out.

FFVII

Having never played this, I am genuinely surprised that it holds up so well, when so few games of that early 3D N64/PS1 era do. I can see why it felt cinematic at the time, it's very dynamic in switching between CG, static and dynamic backgrounds, story scenes and combat.

I haven't left Midgar yet.

Everybody's Golf - Vita - Trying to get all the crowns

Umihara Kawase - SFC

Sin & Punishment - N64

Going through a bit of a retro revival at the moment. Thought I was doing really well on Sin & Punishment until I realised I had it set to easy :/ On the plus side, the previous owner must have completed the game as I can select any level for training which is nice.

About 26 hours into Assassin's Creed Brotherhood now. Liking the continuation from the previous one, although the story doesn't quite feel as good as 2. It seems to pack in a ton of things to do, almost too much for my liking. A lot of travelling about collecting things or renevating buildings, or destroying towers to get access to renevate.

Generally the bugs are minimal, however I have come across a couple of game breaking bugs that have caused me to re-do entire sections again. Both have been in the hideout areas that you can get into in order to find the keys on the scrolls.

FFVII

Having never played this, I am genuinely surprised that it holds up so well, when so few games of that early 3D N64/PS1 era do. I can see why it felt cinematic at the time, it's very dynamic in switching between CG, static and dynamic backgrounds, story scenes and combat.

I haven't left Midgar yet.

So jelly. Wish I could go back and play it for the first time again- my first RPG, my first achingly Japanese game, my first game that took months of careful play and break-time strategising and rumour-mongering... *sigh*

I've hit the larval phase of Peace Walker, and am obsessing about Zeke part collecting, building up my various teams beyond their current level 15, etc. Which is surprising as I'm supposedly at the start of chapter 4 out of 5.

Button bashing can go away and die now please.

Alphajax - because I've not been home for 3 days.

temple run 2 - see above

jetpack joyride - ditto

I only upgraded to a windows phone a few months ago and (being very wary of games with hidden charges cos I'm skint) have been pleasantly surprised at how much I've enjoyed the selection of FREE games I've downloaded and been chuffed to milk some achievements from em (cheevo hunter that I am) when waiting on buses/lifts or just chilling with telly on in background...

AlphaJax - PM me your gamertag SeanR and I'll invite you to a game?

Breeze

Tetris Blitz

UNO & Friends

Microsoft Mahjong

Microsoft Minesweeper

Jetpack Joyride

Flowers

Six-Guns

Shuffle Party

Meanwhile back in the 'real' gaming world...

Lost Odyssey - Stuck on disc 4 where the need to kill the behemoth things on a time limit before they destroy a city, just need to focus someday on it.

Vanquish - Playing on HARD with no level restarts (for cheevo) and stuck on a boss whose death throes explosion I can't seem to avoid.

Crysis 2 - Playing through on EASY at my leisure and enjoying it.

Sleeping Dogs-Nightmare in North Point - Thought this was a great game for free so didn't mind the £2.40 for an expansion, just wrapping up' Cursed Gold' cheevo then will consider paying for 'Year of the Snake' expansion to max this one out.

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - When mates call for some beers.

South Park: Tenorman's Revenge - As above.

Bankshot Billiards 2 - As above.

Along Came A Spider - As above when out of it :bye:

I Am Alive - Had to delete to make room for Sleeping Dogs but I'll be back...

Ready on shelf to play next...

Mass Effect 2

Bulletstorm

Recently Completed...

GTA V - 100% Complete

The Witcher 2

Red Faction: Guerilla

Syndicate

Prototype

The Darkness II

Saints Row 2

Dead Rising 2

I've hit the larval phase of Peace Walker, and am obsessing about Zeke part collecting, building up my various teams beyond their current level 15, etc. Which is surprising as I'm supposedly at the start of chapter 4 out of 5.

Button bashing can go away and die now please.

Love Peace Walker, you can't actually complete Zeke until after the main campaign, but there's a story postgame, plus a whole bunch of challenge stuff.

I messed up my Fire Emblem playthrough leaving me 2 choices. Admit defeat and move on or start again. I chose the latter as I don't like not finishing games, especially games I have enjoyed. I'm already at the end of part 1 so I'm hoping to try and get through this quick as because it's consuming a lot of my time so far.

On the Vita I've been playing Soul Sacrifice now and then roughly an hour at a time.

I'm on a turnbased combat fest at the moment:

About to finish Shadowrun Returns which will then be followed by a return to Space Hilk and then topped off with XCOM Enemy Within

All of which somehow needs to fit between the regular session of BF4 online.

Finished the 'Cursed Gold' cheevo in Sleeping Dogs last night so that only left the Max Triad points cheevo which I couldn't be hassled with (currently at 9.75/10 and can't seem to go higher) and I'm not going to bother with the 'Year of the Snake' DLC cos it's almost £5, so that's me done with that ^_^

Been reading loads of good things about Mark of the Ninja recently so took a (pricey at £9.99) punt on it this morning. Got to play about 3/4 of the tutorial level before I had to go to work and I'm very impressed so far, will look forward to getting properly into it tonight. Anyone got any opinions/advice on it?

Also noticed DARK SOULS on offer at £4 or so and got that as well, I've owned the disc before and got a good few hours in but traded it in as it was doing my nut. I've a mate whose playing through it at the moment and says that without online forums/guidance it would be near impossible so we're gonna try muddle through it together and only reference guides when truly stuck...

The Longest Journey (PC). Never played it before, but as it's been praised for its writing, I thought I'd best give it a go.

Er, it's a bit... poor? The writing is "ok" but the voice acting is bad (and slooowwwww) and the graphics are ugly. Does it suddenly get a lot better? I like the setting, at least. I'll try to stick with it.

The Longest Journey (PC). Never played it before, but as it's been praised for its writing, I thought I'd best give it a go.

Er, it's a bit... poor? The writing is "ok" but the voice acting is bad (and slooowwwww) and the graphics are ugly. Does it suddenly get a lot better? I like the setting, at least. I'll try to stick with it.

I haven't played that either but really enjoyed the follow up called Dreamfall on original Xbox, it's backward compatible with 360 so I'd recommend it if you haven't played it yet.

On a side note Mark of the Ninja is pretty awesome so far.

I haven't played that either but really enjoyed the follow up called Dreamfall on original Xbox, it's backward compatible with 360 so I'd recommend it if you haven't played it yet.

I've got that on the PC as well. I should probably try to play TLJ first, what with it being a narrative-focused game.

PS. The game is "360-compatible", not "backwards-compatible". ;)

Edited by Sprite Machine

The Walking Dead Season 1

Finally gotten around to giving this some serious attention. I've finished the first 2 chapters and despite the jankiness when switching between scenes ( it seems to hang for a second or two every time the image on screen switches) the plotline and acting has made it quite compelling thus far. I'm trying to be the good guy but it's good at making you feel like a baddie when you least expect it.

Forza 4

Nearly a year ago I started a project to drive every car around the Top Gear track. Starting at F class and progressing via increasing PI index. I set myself a time limit of 6 minutes to allow a few laps with the first one to heat up the tyres. In the beginning I was just able to finish 3 laps. I've made a note of my fastest time for each car strictly sticking to clean lap times, accepting dirty ones where necessary. Last night I completed R3 class bringing the running total to 599 cars including all unicorns. I'm now edging closer to squeezing in a 5th lap in this time. It's been a great way of keeping the game fresh and allowing me to make sure I have at least driven all the additional DLC cars. It's been quite fascinating to realise the differences in the handling of each car and compare them to the characteristics of their real world handling when youtube can offer a decent review video.

It's also cool to realise that the track geometry and physics engine gives you a real sense of the real world properties of the track and the purpose of each corner in testing the car's ability to negotiate different situations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj59/features/track-plan

As the laps times decreased it became increasingly fun to tear around the track especially once you find a car that gives you a much faster lap time compared to cars of similar or equal performance index. I've been using the Speed Wheel controller which whilst it looks like something from an Anne Summers catalogue is amazingly well balanced and gives excellent response to even the slightest adjustment in steering input.

This project is the main reason I have a massive backlog of games to get through and why I'm only just now starting to catch up on stuff that's been on the shelf or HD for months and years.

I've got that on the PC as well. I should probably try to play TLJ first, what with it being a narrative-focused game.

PS. The game is "360-compatible", not "backwards-compatible". ;)

Thanks Sprite Machine, I had a feeling I phrased that wrongly... :hat:

The Walking Dead Season 1

Finally gotten around to giving this some serious attention. I've finished the first 2 chapters and despite the jankiness when switching between scenes ( it seems to hang for a second or two every time the image on screen switches) the plotline and acting has made it quite compelling thus far. I'm trying to be the good guy but it's good at making you feel like a baddie when you least expect it.

Forza 4

Nearly a year ago I started a project to drive every car around the Top Gear track. Starting at F class and progressing via increasing PI index. I set myself a time limit of 6 minutes to allow a few laps with the first one to heat up the tyres. In the beginning I was just able to finish 3 laps. I've made a note of my fastest time for each car strictly sticking to clean lap times, accepting dirty ones where necessary. Last night I completed R3 class bringing the running total to 599 cars including all unicorns. I'm now edging closer to squeezing in a 5th lap in this time. It's been a great way of keeping the game fresh and allowing me to make sure I have at least driven all the additional DLC cars. It's been quite fascinating to realise the differences in the handling of each car and compare them to the characteristics of their real world handling when youtube can offer a decent review video.

It's also cool to realise that the track geometry and physics engine gives you a real sense of the real world properties of the track and the purpose of each corner in testing the car's ability to negotiate different situations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj59/features/track-plan

As the laps times decreased it became increasingly fun to tear around the track especially once you find a car that gives you a much faster lap time compared to cars of similar or equal performance index. I've been using the Speed Wheel controller which whilst it looks like something from an Anne Summers catalogue is amazingly well balanced and gives excellent response to even the slightest adjustment in steering input.

This project is the main reason I have a massive backlog of games to get through and why I'm only just now starting to catch up on stuff that's been on the shelf or HD for months and years.

Wow that sounds like one serious mission!

You should contact BBC and ask to speak to the Top Gear production staff and tell them what you've been doing to see if they think it might make an interesting item on the show, I would definitely find it interesting as a viewer. It would be better obviously if you had video/online evidence of your times.

And God knows they are bound to have days when they can't think of things to fill program/airtime with (apart from more wanton caravan destruction).

Out of curiosity, I wonder how your times compare with The Stig's listed here... http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/top_gear_track.html

Officially on the abandoned pile now, having encountered a game-halting bug (rubber ducky related), with no previous save to fall back on. It was pretty bad anyway - really obtuse puzzles and not much fun, but logic bugs like that are the final straw. Inexcusable. Not recommended.

I've also started and abandoned Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, all within the space of an hour. It wasn't doing anything for me, and it looked like a bad port(?) anyway, all small text and not enough buttons. They somehow botched up the 3D effect too.

*Sigh* I don't know what to play next that will pass my current "fussy filter". I've been spoiled by Zelda. :(