What Are You Playing?

Farley

I heard resistance 2 was the worst?

When I played all the 3 main Resistance games last year, I'd have probably placed the second as my least favorite of them all. I remember the controls being a bit different and annoying me for a start, as I had to readjust. I can't remember what had changed though now. I still like the first one and have played more of the multiplayer on it than on the second one. I got hooked on the bus yard map. I think there was something about being with other characters on the second game I didn't like as much either. It happens a bit it in the others but you are on your own a lot of the time too, and I feel it takes away that feeling of isolation. Again, though, I've forgotten a lot of the second one, though it isn't too bad.

Resistance 3 however is my overall stand out choice of the lot, as the controls and general feel to it were solid and handes well, along with the graphics being excellent and the AI felt good. I wasn't able to march straight through areas and had to think about each situation properly. The muliplayer for that was some pay for service thing, so I never bothered. It did feel very halo like. Oh but the final boss was definitely not that great compared to other highlight moments in the game, and I felt like we didn't learn much about the alien side of things enough, so there's a lot more scope to develop in this. They are so cheap to pick up these days, like super cheap and will probably set you back at £15 for the whole trilogy. It's worth it playing them all together for a good long 45 hour session or so.

When I played all the 3 main Resistance games last year, I'd have probably placed the second as my least favorite of them all. I remember the controls being a bit different and annoying me for a start, as I had to readjust. I can't remember what had changed though now. I still like the first one and have played more of the multiplayer on it than on the second one. I got hooked on the bus yard map. I think there was something about being with other characters on the second game I didn't like as much either. It happens a bit it in the others but you are on your own a lot of the time too, and I feel it takes away that feeling of isolation. Again, though, I've forgotten a lot of the second one, though it isn't too bad.

Resistance 3 however is my overall stand out choice of the lot, as the controls and general feel to it were solid and handes well, along with the graphics being excellent and the AI felt good. I wasn't able to march straight through areas and had to think about each situation properly. The muliplayer for that was some pay for service thing, so I never bothered. It did feel very halo like. Oh but the final boss was definitely not that great compared to other highlight moments in the game, and I felt like we didn't learn much about the alien side of things enough, so there's a lot more scope to develop in this. They are so cheap to pick up these days, like super cheap and will probably set you back at £15 for the whole trilogy. It's worth it playing them all together for a good long 45 hour session or so.

This is exactly how I have been playing these games and I can honestly say its a massively underrated series. I've just started the third one straight after finishing 2 and I'm already liking the post apocalyptic vibe and it will probably be my pick of the trilogy.

In all I think I paid a quid for Resistance 1 & 2 each and a fiver for 3. It's great having all these PS3 exclusives to play as they are all so cheap to pick up now.

No, i thought i was near the end, because thematically a level called "Angel" sounded like a the sort of boss encounter you get at the end.

except its only a third of the way through and the cheddar gorge level is the equivalent of halos library.

and it so ronery.

not sure where i am now. See also kz3.

So... Haze (PS3)* it's an empty hollow experience, with spawning badguys, from the makers of Goldeneye.

You can tell, because of all the goddamn autoturrets, or something. Great geometry, if a little stark in terms of art design. All the building seem to have been built at 120% or something. That or I'm crouching all the time. Anyway, I have a thing for 2nd-tier FPSes. God knows I've played a few: I wouldn't say this was better than Timeshift.

nice shotgun though.

(* I know I said R1, but this was already in the machine, and it seems I'm right to suspect that I'm near the end of this one: Halfway through lvl 14 of 15, apparently, so I figured I'd get it out the way?)

The story is actually pretty good, especially the withdrawal symptoms level. That you play as both sides and come to realise that you're being duped, isn't quite spec ops the line quality writing, but the narrative is at least better than the mechanics.

its a little clunky, massive empty levels, samey weapons (except the shotty).

all in all, its the ps3 pdz, not halo.

Finished Trauma Center: New Blood, what a massive improvement over the previous 2 games (making the battle system designer from personal 3 director probably helped), and to think some shitebags out there gave the game a bad score because it was "too hard". It's a lot more satisfying to play than Second Opinion because 80% of the operations are on things that could actually happen in real life.

This is exactly how I have been playing these games and I can honestly say its a massively underrated series.

Hear hear! I really enjoyed the Resistance games. Think this might be the only thread on rllmuk that it's legal to admit it.

I'd love a PS4 trilogy disc, the way Nintendo released the Metroid prime series.

Trine. "It's like Lost Vikings" except it's not really. It's like Lost Vikings if it didn't require you to use any particular character to get past each obstacle and instead relied on glitchy physics. The Thief is fun, though; grappling and pinging arrows. The waves of respawning skeletons I could do without. Average.

9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors. It's so wordy and slow. I can only hope the puzzle gameplay is substantial enough to hold it up, because the writing isn't. The possibility of branching paths is intriguing. Early days, we'll see.

Inbetween, occasional goes on Sonic Stars All Transform Sega Racing, Animal Crossing Old Leaf and Rock Band Threeeeeeeeeee.

Still pushing on with Eternal Sonata, however there is a part of me that's getting a little bored with it. Must be about 38 hours into it now, and for those who know the game (guessing few here have played it), I've just made my way through the volcanic caves and returned back to the agogo forest area, having reunited the sprite/forest guardian (forgot her name) with March her sister. Aside from ES, I've been playing Sperlunky inbetween and still keep making stupid mistakes. Have yet to get beyond the 3-3, although I usually just about make it to the jungle levels.

Lego Lord of the Rings - completed the story with 30%, now making my way through Free Play and the open world parts.

Have to say, there are some improvements and some problems compared to previous titles. The Treasure Trove is a nice idea badly implemented.

Still sometimes plugging away at Wipeout 2048 on the Vita. I try to play games to relax usually and this is not relaxing, but talk about an unprecedented entertainment-per-second rate. Still wrapping my head around the fact that it can turn down the resolution to keep the framerate up, that's quite a subtle trick.

I just finished Beyond Good and Evil, and it's a warm hug of a game. The combat's dicey, level design lacks the subtlety of something like Zelda or Metroid and the last level is surprisingly thin, but it still manages to do that Nintendo thing where you turn on a game to finish off one or two things before the ending, and find yourself hours later staring at an 88% game completion percentage.