What Are You Playing?

Farley

God of War Ascension, ended up playing it yesterday just to see what the multiplayer was like, I can see why it's not that popular.

Revisiting Dark Souls and its DLC after finishing Dark Souls II the sequel has quite a few problems not in the original game and while enjoyable is a bit of a disappointment.

I can't seem to stop playing Mark of the Ninja - I'm approaching 30 hours now! I've got all the seals/scrolls/scores for all levels, half-way through New Game Plus mode and still got a couple more achievements to earn. Currently enjoying the hell out of doing no kill / no alarm runs using the silent outfit, but the Path of Nightmares is devilishly good fun, too - particularly at the end of that level where you have to escape the search party before the door opens. Death and screams everywhere. *evil cackle*

I have no idea what I'm going to play after this. Everything else is gonna feel shit in comparison.

Returned back to my trusty old PS2 to play the follow up title to Devil May Cry, (DMC2) which I'm going through for the first time. Only got around to playing the first one later last year and it held up really well considering "PAL". This one at least has a 60hz option though so it's much smoother now and so far feels quite like the first. May have to resurrect the thread I made for the first one in Retro.

I think I'm finally done with Ground Zeroes for a while, having unlocked the last mission. I decided to find the XOF patches by, first, systematically extracting everyone from the base into the helicopter (except Paz), then driving around looking for the collectables with the thermal goggles on. It turns out that security cameras aren't an issue if there's nobody around to watch them.

Not totally convinced by it but it's quite a thing.

So now I'm playing Mirror's Edge, which feels a lot like I'm someone's little cartesian remote-control operator. I'm doing badly at it but having a great time.

Only about two or three hours altogether, really. You've just got to start at the extraction points and work outwards. Could've been less if I tranquilised them instead of grabbing them to ask for intel.

Strangely therapeutic.

Is it going cheap atm?

Mark of the Ninja? Nope, £10 on Xbox360 or £12 on Steam/PC at the moment. It has been cheaper before.

I can't actually remember when I got it; I think it was a humble bundle freebie last year some time. I've been going through my Steam backlog the last few months. :)

Started playing Syberia II again. I fired through the first one then started the second, but after playing an hour I didn't go back to it for 3 weeks as FIFA 14 and Final Fantasy XIV started eating up my time.

I've not done so yet, but I need to finish my play-through of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies on the 3DS.

I've been too occupied playing games on my new pc, because before I bought it I had a 2004 pc that could barely play Half-life 2. About time I had upgraded.

I keep sneaking in regular plays on Spelunky on my laptop hooked up to my TV. I'm getting pretty good at it now and have managed to get to Ulmec (whatever that stone head is called) 3 times now. I continually find new ways to die all the time.

Completed Dark Souls 2 and made some headway in New Game + before starting a new file along with a co-op buddy... don't think I'll ever sell this game or uninstall it from HD :)

Completed Dust: An Elysian Tail last night (maxed out all the cheevos too as finished on 'tough' setting); great XBLA metroidvania style 2D platform/puzzle/combat with sumptious art design and an unexpected line in light humour, highly recommend it.

Moved back onto Bastion now and I'm making steady porogress, just collected the last of the shards to fully restore the Bastion and am rocking the flame bellows and breaker's bow as my weapons of choice... I'll definitely stick with it but can't see myself hunting the 'Complete game on New Game +' cheevo but ye never know I suppose...

I plan to continue my Mark of the Ninja mission in conjunction with this...

Also got active files in Bulletstorm, Vanquish, Mass Effect 2 & Divinity 2: Ego Draconis that I'll get around to in time... :(

Virtua Tennis 4 on the Vita - it's all I've played all week. I think maybe it's a combination of not having played a VT for a while having burned out on them and the fact it's an absolutely superb fit for the vita but I'm nearly finished my first complete tour and have loved it the whole way.

Singularity - thanks to a recent Steam sale. How did I ever miss this gem? Brilliant FPS that has a campaign that far exceeds anything attempted by Call of Duty and the like.

UPDATE- completed it last night with all three ending possibilities. Loved it!

Punch-Out! on the Wii. Looks good but it's far too hard. I literally cannot react quickly enough to dodge Soda Popinski's punches. Whether that's all my fault or I can blame the input lag on my TV, I don't know, but I'm officially done with this impossible game. :(

GoldenEye 007 (Wii, 2010). It's a reimagined Bond in a Call of Duty skin, sort of. If the intention was to show up how much worse modern FPSs are, then job done. Take the first mission to blow up the gas tanks - in the original you have to actually throw the mines in the right place and detonate them yourself, then escape the guards. In the remake, you walk up to the tanks and press a button to place them, then a cutscene plays out the escape and detonation for you. Way to progress the genre, guys! *slow clap* :rolleyes:

Singularity - thanks to a recent Steam sale. How did I ever miss this gem? Brilliant FPS that has a campaign that far exceeds anything attempted by Call of Duty and the like.

UPDATE- completed it last night with all three ending possibilities. Loved it!

Man, that was a great game, seriously underrated. Was it overshadowed by bioshock or something at the time?

Mario 3D world, it's sublime. So many great ideas.

Good choice. I'm still having fun base jumping from the helicarrier down to the ground. So much to find and do in this.

Yeah, I used Iron Man to double-X my way up to the Helicarriers. Do you have to pass through the center of the ring to get all the studs in the ring?

In the raft now, multi-layered-puzzle-tastic!