IGNORED

Family Guy

letsbook

Quick torrents question:

My friend just said to me, 'you may want to try newsgroups instead of torrents'.

What does that mean?

You have to pay for Newsgroups monthly (unless your ISP is someone like Zen, you can find some alternate ways in) to have access to all the same releases as torrents but slightly quicker. Also instead of having a client and finding torrent files, the films/games/etc are held on servers so it's just like a regular download from a site. And you generally max out your download speed. Have a look at something like http://www.newzbin.com/ for more info.

One of the weakest so far for me, started off well with the 'Fly' gag but seemed to drag a fair bit, plus the number of American-centric jokes seems to be increasing ( I have no idea who the Herculoids, Kirk Cameron, or Jiminy Glick are ) although there were still some great scenes like the Breakfast Machine and Kramer VS Predator.

The season seems to be all over the place in quality, although the episodes are always watchable at least.

The vomiting bit was shit, though.

Yeah it was, really tiresome.

Im glad i watched the first three seasons of family guy before this forum came about as i feel i woulda been disappointed instead of loving FG as you lot take the fun out of it all with your constant moaning! :D

Just because it is the almighty Family Guy doesn't mean it is above criticism. :)

To be fair, its only because the last three seasons have been so good that, in some ways, this one falls short. Also because we had the whole 'its cancelled...wait...wait...no, its back on!' then long wait to contend with, building up an expectation that it may have been impossible for this season to fufill.

Im glad i watched the first three seasons of family guy before this forum came about as i feel i woulda been disappointed instead of loving FG as you lot take the fun out of it all with your constant moaning! :(

Don't worry, i'm still loving it (every episode too!) :)

I tried not to hype this season too much before i started watching it and tried to adopt the mentality of just wanting more of the same, and i think it worked

I quite liked this episode, Meg asking that guy out only for him to say "That sounds cool, but I'm gonna be in the hospital that night" and then shoot himself in the stomach with a nail gun. That had me in stitches. Oh and Stewie remembering he'd left Jeremy in the trunk. The other good moments have already been mentioned (Breakfast Machine being the most notable.)

Im glad i watched the first three seasons of family guy before this forum came about as i feel i woulda been disappointed instead of loving FG as you lot take the fun out of it all with your constant moaning! :ph34r:

Oh, shut up, Marc. What do you want people to do? Jizz all over it every week?

No, i dont expect everyone to jizz over it, but it seems every post i read is 'it was terrible, the worst episode ive ever seen'. Its still more enjoyable than a lot of stuff out there, especially certain simpsons episodes and while most episodes have their ups and downs its no way as bad as some posts make out.

I do think a lot of episodes are lacking peter at the moment and are concentrating too much on meg for example. But they still have loadsa funny moments in them!

how many eps have been shown of season 4? ive seen upto 8.. i dont remember someone getting shot with a nail gun though?

I think its been a good series so far, but nothing amazing. Still better than the newer simpsons though, so i shouldnt complain.

how many eps have been shown of season 4? ive seen upto 8.. i dont remember someone getting shot with a nail gun though?

I think its been a good series so far, but nothing amazing. Still better than the newer simpsons though, so i shouldnt complain.

8 so far, the nail gun was eps 8.