Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

Thanks. :(

It was about 3 years back now, I can't remember whether it was a collaboration between Sony and Edge or I just found out about it in Edge. Either way there was a little follow up snipet about it in one of the later Edges. :(

Was a nice surprise though!

Thanks. :(

It was about 3 years back now, I can't remember whether it was a collaboration between Sony and Edge or I just found out about it in Edge. Either way there was a little follow up snipet about it in one of the later Edges. :(

Was a nice surprise though!

I won mine about 3 years ago too, but not from Edge, they gave me a Sony Vaio desktop too.

The other problem with winding them is that if you aren't careful, each time you do it you tug the wire out a little bit and eventually the controller won't work. We used to get loads of 'winders' bringing back their PS2 pads saying they didn't work anymore.

When I worked for Sony, we would get moaned at for winding the wire around our controllers because it could break them. I thought it was bollocks until I dug out my second PS2 controller last week, which has been left with the wore wound around it for a year or so. Does it work? Does it fuck.

• 3 weeks later...
I suppose if you sit close, but I've got a bloody huge living room, so I sit back about 12ft from the screen so it's not a problem.

12 ft away - to play games - maddness if I'm not a minimum of 3 foot away from the screen it all goes to shit!

Hi honey kittens, here's my 2 month old and nicely bedded in setup. Pleased with the neatness of cabling, considering the silly amount of line ins and outs there are going on.

Dashboard

tv2aw6.jpg

Playing lovely Gradius V in lovely 1080p..

tv1bk0.jpg

Tell me that is a SONY KDL40W2000

I have one arriving in a few days and that looks awesome!

3ft from a 40"? So you can pretend your in the imax?

i likes a big picture without a tv taking over the room

Tell me that is a SONY KDL40W2000

I have one arriving in a few days and that looks awesome!

Yep, give me a shout if you need help setting it up picture wise. Service menu is pretty essential.

i likes a big picture without a tv taking over the room

Yep, give me a shout if you need help setting it up picture wise. Service menu is pretty essential.

Oooh... I have just got one of these sets. What tips and tricks do you know in terms of setting up? TV looks ace with RR7 in 1080p running! Only prob with these sets and both mine and a mates have them are bloody clouds appearing when it's just showing a black screen. Top set tho and I'm really happy with it.

Sorry i forgot!

Best piccy is by HDMI (obviously), then VGA (after a quick trip to the service menu), and then component (needs a lot of tweaking for maximum effect). You need to have a good play with the options and set up sharpness/NR very wisely.

Service menu is..while TV on. Standby - info - 5 - vol up - standby. Then open menu.

That lets you tweak colour intensity and brightness etc a lot more, just don't touch the other options. Only change the 6 RGB_BK ones on the 2nd page. Mine are a lot higher than default.

I can post my exact ones later.

Got a new cabinet

setupnew.JPG

Since this pic I've added my old xbox.

Features:

Cello 32" HDTV (Not a bad cheap HDTV. Had it about 8-9 months. Thought about swapping to one of the hannspree's)

Toshiba HD E1 via HDMI and optical

X360 via vga and optical

XBOX via component

Sanyo DVD Recorder via s-video

Pace digibox via RGB Scart

Humax 9200T via RGB Scart

Panasonic 5.1 amplifier (DD, DTS, DPL2) connected to a set of sony fronts, backs, wharfdale centre and a sony sub

I think I can see the panic in the eys of that 360.

Don't worry. There's a big hole cut in the back of the unit were the 360 is. Plus its only run with the door open. I ain't that stupid to run it in a sealed cabinet like some of the people seem to in here