IGNORED

Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

55 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

@Fusty Gusset where did you get that desk from?! I’m looking for a real good desk and that one looks the business! 

It looks like they've put the price up a bit, I paid £78 for the worktop and £50 (x2) for the drawers around a year ago.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/drawer-units-storage-cabinets/alex-drawer-unit-white-art-10192824/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/worktops-worktops-accessories/karlby-worktop-walnut-art-30335191/

37 minutes ago, Fusty Gusset said:

Amazing and awesome! Thanks :)  

21 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Is that a ds4 on a ps3?

yeah, cabled, because I cant get it unplugged to press home+share quick enough, the PS3 gives up BT syncing as soon as it finds next doors panny,

stupid viera...

41 minutes ago, Fusty Gusset said:

Actually, did you do anything to secure the pieces together? 

• 4 months later...

Good a place to ask as any. My TV has three HDMI ports and I have 5 devices that need to go in, so am in need for a switcher. What is the best option? Should I be looking to have the consoles separated (Siwtch - HDMI1, XB1 - HDMI2) with the other bits on the switcher? Or does it not matter at all?

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Good a place to ask as any. My TV has three HDMI ports and I have 5 devices that need to go in, so am in need for a switcher. What is the best option? Should I be looking to have the consoles separated (Siwtch - HDMI1, XB1 - HDMI2) with the other bits on the switcher? Or does it not matter at all?

only one is turned on at a time, right? might as well have all the consoles on the same port via a 3-port switch (had mine since 20 Aug 2012)

currently configured with virgin STB into 1, consoles into 2 and 3. that way, when the console is turned off, it auto switches back to the STB.

(also your TV may have a specific game mode on one port, or HDMI-CEC enabled etc.)

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Depends on how the other devices work, some don’t work well in switchers like Apple TVs or firesticks and I have had an issue with the Switch randomly switching when not on.

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Depends on how the other devices work, some don’t work well in switchers like Apple TVs or firesticks and I have had an issue with the Switch randomly switching when not on.

oh god yeah, my bone had problems switching. Ended up in HDMI2, the game mode port.

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switch-HDCP2-2-external-supply-Switcher-4K60Hz-420-5-1-Out-4KSW51/dp/B06Y64VS8Z/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546952756&sr=1-15&keywords=hdmi+switch 

It even comes with a rather neat remote receiver extension thingy so you can stash the main unit out of the way :).

UPDATE. petrolgirls kindly pointed out that the the above switcher only supports up to 8 bit colour. Probably fine for a good few peoples 4K sets (especially early adopters) but for beyond 8 bit this fella (or similar) would be a better choice:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakelion-Premium-Quality-Switcher-Support-Black/dp/B06WV5YJ6H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1546960630&sr=8-7&keywords=5+port+hdmi+switch+4k :).

53 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switch-HDCP2-2-external-supply-Switcher-4K60Hz-420-5-1-Out-4KSW51/dp/B06Y64VS8Z/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546952756&sr=1-15&keywords=hdmi+switch 

It even comes with a rather neat remote receiver extension thingy so you can stash the main unit out of the way :).

and requires a power supply, but at least this model is microUSB

bought!

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Here you go:

Worth pointing out that switch is only HDMI 1.4 - fine for 1080p but 8bit only at 4K. 

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

@skittles - that doesn’t look like the luxury pad you were in before, what’s the deal?

I moved out of that luxe but tiny 1 bed 600 square ft batchelor pad to a 2000 square ft house with a huge garden in the jungle! This is much better. Dedicated home cinema room with high ceilings. I'll take some pics. :)

53 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Worth pointing out that switch is only HDMI 1.4 - fine for 1080p but 8bit only at 4K. 

Well spotted. I'd imagine it would be ok for plenty of people but for those with 10 bit panels here's one (and there may well be others) that will do the job:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakelion-Premium-Quality-Switcher-Support-Black/dp/B06WV5YJ6H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1546960630&sr=8-7&keywords=5+port+hdmi+switch+4k

On 08/01/2019 at 14:27, petrolgirls said:

I'll use mine in the games room with the older non-4K consoles, and probably move my 2015 sammy 4K non-HDR tv there with it.

or I'll send it back.

• 2 months later...

I love these threads. I need a new entertainment unit and have been looking through this thread for inspiration, I'm also hoping to have my own place from August so looking for design tips for other rooms other than the one I'll be gaming in. 

Any other recommendations for threads like this? I've been looking through the ones on Resetera, Neogaf, and borders down. There used to be a great setups thread on avforums but I can't seem to find it now. 

• 3 months later...