IGNORED

Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Looks lovely and all, but for the love of god move the PS5 a little more to the right. It’s triggering my OCD that it’s not under the TV correctly ;) 

....and the telly to the left!!  😜

5 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

spacer.png

Just a temp setup but now have the holy trinity setup in the living room, only the PS5 is on display and it actually looks alright :o didnt think id ever say that!

Fixed that for you:

E1CDF1D8-21B3-489D-82E4-A1F4046372A5.thumb.png.04e8112a29672170c54f873261de23cd.png

14 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

spacer.png

Just a temp setup but now have the holy trinity setup in the living room, only the PS5 is on display and it actually looks alright :o didnt think id ever say that!

It still looks ugly as fuck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also built myself a stupid standing desk in the outside office like a massive wanker.

Obviously this was before I applied any cable management.  Which thankfully is all sorted now.

Screenshot_20220424-211113.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I’m after a bit of advice on this setup from the pros on here. For my home desk/work desk/pc gaming desk/miniature painting area I’m thinking of losing the riser to free up some desk space but it’s handy to have somewhere to put my laptop cables when I’m not using my work laptop. However, they’re always on show. Also, the small lamp is detached when not in use (used for painting) but the cable loops round the desk. Underneath the desk is quite tidy, with a usb hub and a ton of sockets (although most occupied now).

Current layout:

A) some usb cables are stuck behind the desk with clips, which works well

B) My watch charger and watch, and headphones live on the base. Headphones can move to the drawer, but I need a solution for the watch if it’s not going to be on show (could live with a little stand with my Mac, which is on a hanging shelf under the desk)

C) My work laptop HDMI and power cables. Always sit here loose as the wires are too big for the same clips that the other charging cables use to hang behind the desk

D) A USB powered lamp which comes across my workspace for when I’m painting. When I detach it, I put it in the cupboard under the desk, it always stays plugged in

E) the cable comes round the front of the desk when in use

I think my best option is a monitor arm, but a vertical one - I don’t need to move it side to side, and if I did, the lights on the back of the monitor would cast a weird shadow. Then maybe look at getting a new light with a detachable usb cord, and that can live on the back of the desk with a clip, and find a similar solution for the HDMI and power cables. 

Other option is a riser with a shelf, which I can store my keyboard in when not in use (e.g. when using work laptop) and the other bits on the top, and get some sort of hook to screw in underneath to hoist up he power and HDMI cables. Got a Steam Deck on the way and thinking I’ll have another HDMI cable loose on top, managed by a HDMI switcher below (so Mac and Steam Deck into one switcher, the laptop display cable goes into the DVI of the monitor. 

Anyway, looking for some advice/options from the experience on here… 

D9E05721-5E44-44A3-BDDF-95EEFDD49FF9.jpeg

5388EDBD-D204-4B47-A122-EBB4C28FF860.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rocafella said:

@Bucky great set-ups there. Are your desks all from the same place?

Ah thanks.  I appreciate it.

Yeah.  The worktops for all three desks are from:

https://www.worktop-express.co.uk/kitchen-worktops

The feet and cabinets are from IKEA.  

The standing desk is a Flytta.  It was pretty pricey but worth it in the long run.

https://sit-stand.com/meeting-room/flytta-team.html