IGNORED

Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

49 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Anybody else just try tilting their phone to get that band of sunlight out of the picture? No? Just me? 

I had to open the blind for the pic but it illustrates the prev issue well!!!

29 minutes ago, Vimster said:

I moved nearly a year ago and have settled into the sort of shabby-yet-comfortable gaming setup I've had for years.

I have an old Trinitron which I use for older hardware, currently has a Wii and OG Xbox on it.

20220628_152702_HDR.jpg

Then my PC on an old dining table with a threadbare swivel chair rescued from an office clearout.

20220628_154951.jpg

Even though I have a PVM, I do regret thowing out of consumer CRT. It looks more "correct" on a normal TV via RGB that the super sharp with dark scan line look of a PVM monitor. 

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

Even though I have a PVM, I do regret thowing out of consumer CRT. It looks more "correct" on a normal TV via RGB that the super sharp with dark scan line look of a PVM monitor. 

It needs some seriously tuning but despite getting the service manual for it I can't make head nor tail. It's a great telly though, must have been top of the range in the late 90s, has separate bass speakers, awesome sound. Would still love a PVM though. 

Just now, Chooch said:

TVs used to be so good for setting stuff on.  I miss that.

That one isn't great, the top is curved back so the bits on there are more balancing on there than sat. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

What game is that?

Ignore me. I forgot Google lens exists.

Yeah, it's Sifu. Nice game to take pictures of as there's not much of a HUD and it's quite colourful.

Also, I know it's a den of ne'er-do-wells, but I posted a pic on r/battlestations and got nearly 2000 up votes and a couple of awards, which is quite cool! 🤓

14 minutes ago, Corrogate said:

I know people say having house plants is really good for your mental health, and just seeing them there is making me feel healthy 😂. Nice touch.

Cheers - they're great. I was dubious to begin with about whether they would actually grow or not, but they're doing really well. I've had to get some little clips to train them up the wall as they were having over the monitor.

Was about to say that it's nice to see some plants for once, but I see someone already did. Looks fantastic.

I also do the real plant/Lego plant combo in our place.

1 hour ago, Quest said:

Was about to say that it's nice to see some plants for once, but I see someone already did. Looks fantastic.

I also do the real plant/Lego plant combo in our place.

6 minutes ago, Pug said:

Looks amazing, I likes your style. 

Cheers!

On 10/07/2022 at 22:03, Jamie John said:

Possibly get some of those Nanoleaf wall panels, although they're bloody expensive, and it's not like I need any more lighting...

Ahem.

PXL_20220714_194305359.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.b4ee25445b7bb9fbd119820523fe0b63.jpg

PXL_20220714_194502752.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.7c5c9bdc339cb2ad48098cf8b63f3906.jpg

My wife hasn't discovered them yet. I'm dead meat. Worth it, though!

3 minutes ago, MattKB said:

They’re amazing. Have you got it to sync with the tv lighting?

Unfortunately you can only sync it with the TV via a desktop app, so I can do it if I'm playing PC games on the big screen, or on my actual PC, but not if I'm using my consoles. Hopefully they develop some sort of smart TV app to let you do it, because it would be pretty cool.

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Whoa, they look cool - where does one get them!?

They're called Nanoleaf. Amazon has a range of different shapes. I got those 9 hexagons for £140 in the sale, which sounds like a lot, but they're a lot bigger than I thought they would be and even after one night's use I feel like they're worth the money. 

4 hours ago, Jamie John said:

They're called Nanoleaf. Amazon has a range of different shapes. I got those 9 hexagons for £140 in the sale, which sounds like a lot, but they're a lot bigger than I thought they would be and even after one night's use I feel like they're worth the money. 

If I could tie them into my Hue setup we would be celebrating a purchase, they look amazing and I need some sort of lighting in my man cave - dont like having an actual light on but some bias lighting being the tv would be great…. I will have to look into them more.

15 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

I’m obsessing over buying a Nanoleaf starter kit now. Gotta be done!!

Me too!

26 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

If I could tie them into my Hue setup we would be celebrating a purchase, they look amazing and I need some sort of lighting in my man cave - dont like having an actual light on but some bias lighting being the tv would be great…. I will have to look into them more.

Me too!

I've got two hue light bars stuck to the back of the telly, too; you can sort of see the light from them in the pics above. There's no official way to sync them up with the Nanoleaf, but you can set up a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa routine to turn both of them on at the same time, apparently, then just say "Ok Google/Alexa, turn on my lights" if you've got a Google Assistant device or Echo in the same room. I'm going to have a go at doing it this weekend to test if it works.

9 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I've got two hue light bars stuck to the back of the telly, too; you can sort of see the light from them in the pics above. There's no official way to sync them up with the Nanoleaf, but you can set up a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa routine to turn both of them on at the same time, apparently, then just say "Ok Google/Alexa, turn on my lights" if you've got a Google Assistant device or Echo in the same room. I'm going to have a go at doing it this weekend to test if it works.

@Shimmyhill - I can confirm this works a treat. Pretty simple to do 

• 1 month later...