Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

30 minutes ago, SMD said:

what speakers are those? are they wireless?

They look like Dali Spektors to me. Very well-regarded speakers, and not as cripplingly as expensive as some. Lovely.

Yeah, beautiful Dali speakers that I asked about before. My kids would poke the shit out of the dust caps  on those 😭 I have a pair of Dali Zensor 3s with the speaker covers on that haven’t come to any harm yet. 

I keep the covers handy incase of young visitors. 😄

They are Dali Zensor 5 floorstanders with Alteco Upfirers sat on top. Vokal centre and Zensor 1 rears. Ef9 sub.

As said, great speakers that aren't painfully expensive.

I'm certainly in no rush to upgrade anytime soon as I love how they sound.

Yeah, Dali make some very nice speakers. Their Kubik One is the only soundbar I've ever encountered that equals decent hifi stereo speakers for music. Admittedly that's largely because it dares to be fucking huge, but either way it was a relief to finally find a solution that fitted in my setup but wasn't a step down from bookcase speakers.

11 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Yeah, Dali make some very nice speakers. Their Kubik One is the only soundbar I've ever encountered that equals decent hifi stereo speakers for music. Admittedly that's largely because it dares to be fucking huge, but either way it was a relief to finally find a solution that fitted in my setup but wasn't a step down from bookcase speakers.

You only bought it for the colours.

I would never be so crass!

(it was actually after a few months of ownership that I got a coloured cover for it, and a few months more before I moved house and got to incorporate it into a broader colour scheme for my room. I'm not entirely driven by the way things look)

7 hours ago, SMD said:

what speakers are those? are they wireless?

Sorry, missed this. No not wireless. The rears wire goes through the stand. I've just got the wires along the floor/skirting. Doesn't look bad as at a distance it blends in with the floor, but I would like to get some minimal trunking at some point.

Have recently moved house and just about got my gaming space sorted.

This is the PC area, along with Steam Deck.

20220819_221444.thumb.jpg.1b6cbc387577dab81e23b4543fc4f609.jpg

I've recently got an awesome Secret Lab Titan Evo chair which I use here, and the lower and recline to spin around for console gaming or film watching.20220819_221414.thumb.jpg.06957dc2e7385323973a35901f3f788b.jpg

Very happy with how cosy it is and looking forward to winter, but has also been nice sitting right next to an open window in the recent warmer weather.

• 4 weeks later...

It feels wrong seeing a Saturn stood up vertically (I'm surprised the disc drive can handle it!), but that does give me thoughts about alternative accommodation methods for my Series X (and, should I buy one again, PS5). I've got a wall-mounted record player; why not do the same with some oversized consoles!

2 hours ago, Treble said:

wallPS5_small.thumb.JPG.94ec0637dec9ec64e0371e49cbfa5f3e.JPG

PS5 wall-mounted, saving approximately 5m² of desk space.

You can just about see the corner of my R7 Dreamcast on the right.

I assume you stuck the PS sticker on the PS5 to stop people from thinking it was an electric boiler?

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

@Treble what stand is that for the PS5 and did you have to reinforce the wall/house to cope with mounting it?!?!!?

This is my man cave as complete as it can be at the moment,  wall mounting the PS5 behind the tv stand would be good and probably give it some more air!

spacer.png

I looked at that and thought “TV’s small, and too high”.

then I realised…

I should just paint it magnolia for camouflage. In all seriousness, I have thought about getting replacement coloured panels, or having my artistic friends paint it. It can't stay there looking like a Combi forever :(

On 13/09/2022 at 15:17, SeanR said:

I looked at that and thought “TV’s small, and too high”.

then I realised…

It’s not a bad point, it’s a 43” so not too small but not big…. I was meant to put the 48” OLED on there when we got a bigger living room telly but that plan has stalled. On the driving rig thing im not sure I’d want to go much bigger, 55” probably max as anything more and im not going to be able to see it all - it took a while getting used to the screen being as close as it is, much better when used to it but was odd for a while!!

On 13/09/2022 at 23:42, Captain Kelsten said:

Genuinely thought it was a shot of someone’s utility cupboard at first. 

Haha same here, thought was a photo of the cupboard under the stairs in my old place. Just missing a rarely used vacuum cleaner and pile of coats 

• 2 months later...

Added a Steam Deck to mine, so had to shuffle things a little. It feels wrong owning a hand held that's notably bigger and heavier than my N64! I'm of course using it to play the latest and greatest* both on the TV and in bed.

Also I have more posters up now (of which a handful including Phantasy Star — RIP Rieko Kodama :( — and The Banner Saga are just about in shot)

20221126_163231.jpg

*emulated Dreamcast and PS2 games. Finally Persona 3 Portable, but it's actually FES! 

3 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Added a Steam Deck to mine, so had to shuffle things a little. It feels wrong owning a hand held that's notably bigger and heavier than my N64! I'm of course using it to play the latest and greatest* both on the TV and in bed.

Also I have more posters up now (of which a handful including Phantasy Star — RIP Rieko Kodama :( — and The Banner Saga are just about in shot)

20221126_163231.jpg

*emulated Dreamcast and PS2 games. Finally Persona 3 Portable, but it's actually FES! 

that's really nice, what shelves behind the telly are they?