IGNORED

Perfect Dark Zero

rubberducker

I'd just like to add, had one of the best 3 hours of 360 goodness playing this online with some of you last night. Counterstrike's never really blended with me, but this game really felt like it had the edge on it - possibly due to the armour that keeps you alive longer, but maybe also because of the extreme variety of weapons and the brilliant cover dynamic.

Top bit for me had to be scoring my FIRST kill - having taken me over an hour already. WOO!!!!!! Oh and all of us finding out actually how to PLAY the game (blowing up the walls after been sniped by the defending bastards for so long on that city level - I'm looking at you, Canadian whateveryournamewas)

Anyway, can't wait to play again. Will definitely be on there again tonight. If any of you rllmukers are looking for some dark-ops action (Wahey), then get me added to your list!

Gamertag's flib btw ;)

I'd just like to add, had one of the best 3 hours of 360 goodness playing this online with some of you last night. Counterstrike's never really blended with me, but this game really felt like it had the edge on it - possibly due to the armour that keeps you alive longer, but maybe also because of the extreme variety of weapons and the brilliant cover dynamic.

Top bit for me had to be scoring my FIRST kill - having taken me over an hour already. WOO!!!!!! Oh and all of us finding out actually how to PLAY the game (blowing up the walls after been sniped by the defending bastards for so long on that city level - I'm looking at you, Canadian whateveryournamewas)

Anyway, can't wait to play again. Will definitely be on there again tonight. If any of you rllmukers are looking for some dark-ops action (Wahey), then get me added to your list!

Gamertag's flib btw ;)

lets get a game sorted for Wednesday night kids.

My gamertag is The Dave White

Andy Tanners is Tannerlad

shall we say 8 pm?

Gamertag's flib btw ;)

i'll be on later and would jump at the chance to play with folk who aren't necessarily going to take me out with long distance headshots like the (admittedly very skillful) young american fellows I seem to get matched up with. Gamertag is simonski.

I prefer the gameplay mechanics to Halo2. I love the animations, the overdramtic deaths, the feel of the weapons, multiplayer modes.

Its scary because i'll go into my next fps trying perform rolls and cover. Using the left trigger for zoom, greanade and shield is extremly useful. Better than having to click the right anlogue stick imo

my only real complaint is that the vehicles are shit

I prefer the gameplay mechanics to Halo2. I love the animations, the overdramtic deaths, the feel of the weapons, multiplayer modes.

Its scary because i'll go into my next fps trying perform rolls and cover. Using the left trigger for zoom, greanade and shield is extremly useful. Better than having to click the right anlogue stick  imo

my only real complaint is that the vehicles are shit

Animation? Overdramtic deaths where you don't know if you've killed someone enough to move onto the next person.

It's pants.

I do love having the zoom on the left trigger though and Call of Duty has it mapped there also. Looks like analog zoom is the future. I guess it works so well because we now have two extra shoulder buttons to move the grenades too.

Is there anyway to move the melee move onto the right tumbstick though. After playing CoD2 which just seems mapped perfectly it seems odd to have to move my thumb off the stick and onto the b button to whack someone.

Animation? Overdramtic deaths where you don't know if you've killed someone enough to move onto the next person.

It's pants.

The reticule turns from red back to white (or green or blue when zoomed, whatever) when the enemy your shooting is dead, that should be indication enough for anyone that your target is dead.

The reticule turns from red back to white (or green or blue when zoomed, whatever) when the enemy your shooting is dead, that should be indication enough for anyone that your target is dead.

When I've got 6 other people shooting at me I just don't have time to aim at a man squeezing one out to check if he's dead. I shouldn't need to check especially if I've shot him in the face 4 times. The best one though was the guy who went flying backwards from a point blank shotgun blast and then got up and did me from behind because stupidly I thought he was dead. Then right back to the start of the level because no checkpoint saves on Perfect Dark mode.

I'm pretty sure that in PD and GE that they weren't wearing kevlar shirts and went down with a couple of shots to the chest. I haven't seen them react to shots in specific body places yet. Well tell a lie, I shot a guy in the head and he waved his wrist in front of him to make sure it wasn't sprained.

Right, seriously- we need to get the v-sync/tearing issues sorted out because it could be my hardware isn't setup correctly.

Go onto the Training mission ('Mission 0') and go to the room near the start where you dive through the blue lasers. Go past these and a little further down the corridor, before you go into the room on the right. Now, turn around in circles slowly- not too slowly, just not at full speed. Look carefully at the edges of things and you should see the graphics tear in places. It's like in Windows XP when you drag a window over the desktop slowly- you'll see the edge tear if you look carefully.

If people could try this and then post the settings/connections they're using I'd be most grateful :) It's just that some people say they don't get any tearing, which worries me somewhat. I've tried this at 480p, 720p and 1080i and the tearing is in all of them. I assume it locks this at 60Hz as I don't have an option to change this, so it can't be that.

Ta!

I get this too and it's driving me nuts... the funny thing is some people haven't noticed it on my TV until I pointed it out to them. I guess some are less sensitive to it than others.

My TV res is 1364*768 or something like that as opposed to 1280*720. It's got nothing to do with that though since PGR3 and CoD2 run fine. Kameo's mostly ok but I've noticed on some maps when smoke effects are visible you can slightly see tearing.

Lets face it, PD0 has some frame rate issues, I'm guessing they were worse with Vsync on, there was a deadline and they did what they needed to do for launch. It sucks though :)

I guess im loving it because im not playing it on Perfect Agent, unlike Halo the AI doesnt seem to put up much of a strategic challege, and for this type of game I think its acceptable. Taking enemies down is so damn satisfying, i love watching them react to specific hit points.

GE/PD featured long death animations, it was one of the little touches i loved about the games. I instantly know when a guy is dead in PDZ because i recognize all the death animations. Still, its nice to fill a slowly dieing agent full of lead as he falls to his knees.

I agree about picking up weapons by accident when switching guns. Its not something i run into often, but it can be incredibly frustrating in the heat of battle