IGNORED

The Thick Of It

Luke

I must have missed the 1st one, but I watched it last night and thought it was excellent.

It 'felt' true, if that makes sense. Without having any actual knowledge, I have a horrible feeling that a lot of government is exactly as it was depicted on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just did a search and found this thread.

The first series (or 3 episodes by the look of this post) totally passed me by.

But ive seen a trailer for series 2 on BBC1 and it made me lol so i'm going to watch it tonight, and if its good maybe track down the first series.

I finally watched the first three a few days ago and I thought it was great. Maybe because anything Ianucci writes cracks me up, and anything Chris Langham says cracks me up. "... and I occasionally take a dump."

Looking forward to the next three!

it's still a completely unbelievable show.

See, I can see why you might not find it funny - it's quite straight, and not a lot of the jokes are actually laugh-out-loud funnies.However, for me its 'thing' is that it's definitely not 'completely unbelieveable'.

If you spend any time at all looking into how this Government conducts its business, this series is absolutely believeable.

See, I can see why you might not find it funny - it's quite straight, and not a lot of the jokes are actually laugh-out-loud funnies.However, for me its 'thing' is that it's definitely not 'completely unbelieveable'.

If you spend any time at all looking into how this Government conducts its business, this series is absolutely believeable.

I "get" what it's trying to do, and I can see what they are trying to parody, but the overall effect is unfunny and unconvincing, hence unbelievable.

I think the question we now have to ask ourselves is "have you ever had to clean up your mother's piss?"

:(

Well, i enjoyed it. Seems to have its own style and is pretty different to any other comedy at the moment, nothing like the office at all as it was described on the trailer.

'I like to think myself as a representative of the people,.... it was funny'

;)

I thought it was very good. Kept me chuckling all the way through, more so than the previous ones.

And it's always a good source of new ways to swear. I like the way they all started to say NOMFP for 'not my fucking problem' or whatever it was, without knowing what it actually meant.

• 2 weeks later...

"Can you stop swearing please"?

"I'm really sorry, you won't be hearing any more swearing from us. You massive GAY SHITE. Fuck Off"! :rolleyes:

Last nights episode was absolutely fantastic, and I implore everybody with access to BBC4 to catch the repeat (if you missed it) tonight at 11pm. It will nicely build up the excitement for Videogaiden and The Hitcher.

Also is this the first time that the repeated use of the C word is used on a BBC programme?

• 1 month later...

Saw the (presumably?) first episode on BBC2 last night. Very funny, liked it a lot, even if it blatantly is just "Armando Iannucci's Version Of Yes Minister".

• 2 weeks later...

What's so good about this show is that its actually changed my view of politics, in 6 episodes.

The BBC2 repeats are being shown at the same time as the Ruth Kelly witchhunt, and you just know that they are having the same kind of manic meetings, forming policy 'on the hoof', and hurriedly calculating the best time to resign ("every extra day I wait now means an extra year before I can come back").

It makes it very difficult to take new labour (Blair's 'respect' agenda, ffs) or any modern politicians seriously after watching this.

• 11 months later...