IGNORED

The Thick Of It

Luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Really looking forward to Tueasday's episode should be awesome. Everyone should get the DVD as its amazing and has some awesome extras. The "Script to Screen" bit is really good.

I actually did the DVD menus for this when I was freelancing at the start of the year. Not exciting design-wise as all they wanted was white text on a black background. However I did have a meeting with Adam Tandy the producer who was really funny and telling us all sorts of little tidbits about the series. They were also talking then about how they were planning this one to come out for when Blair quits so its bound to be pretty topical. Should be brilliant.

Pants from here was one of the editors on the new series. he's very proud of how it turned out, says its the best thing he's ever worked on.

Is it a new series? Awesome I thought it was another one off special

Is it a new series? Awesome I thought it was another one off special

Tomorrow's is another one off - according to the Radio Times, there are plans for another full series, although they were a bit ambiguous about details, particularly whether Chris Langham would be involved, depending on what happens with that situation.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, anyway - the super shakey camerawork's been toned down in it as well apparently, so watching it won't make me nauseous.

This was great last night, although a bit strange that the opposition bits were shunted off to the red button, like an afterthought. I suppose it's because there was too much material to fit in the hour otherwise.

This was great last night, although a bit strange that the opposition bits were shunted off to the red button, like an afterthought. I suppose it's because there was too much material to fit in the hour otherwise.

I think the opposition bits were actually extras from the previous episode - the one shown on Saturday (or Sunday?) which was a repeat from earlier in the year. They were on the red button after that repeat, and followed more naturally after that episode (same cast, situation etc).

Unless there were more bits in last nights extras? I switched off after 2 minutes as I'd seen them at the weekend.

"Normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive"

Despite following it up with the slightly sub-par "spreading faster than a rentboy's arse cheeks" just a little too quickly to allow us to dwell on its genius, that one had to be my favourite. But it was quality throughout. If laughter were shit, I'd have spent the entire hour shitting myself silly.

I think the opposition bits were actually extras from the previous episode - the one shown on Saturday (or Sunday?) which was a repeat from earlier in the year. They were on the red button after that repeat, and followed more naturally after that episode (same cast, situation etc).

Unless there were more bits in last nights extras? I switched off after 2 minutes as I'd seen them at the weekend.

They could well have been - I didn't see them at the weekend. It was basically the PR guy from the opposition trying to get Peter Mannion onto News 24 to lavish praise on the PM, and Mannion not being all that willing for various reasons. It included references to last night though (racist Ben etc), so it felt like something that could have slotted into last nights episode, but got dropped for time.

I didn't like this one so much (although I still enjoyed it) it seemed to focus too much on the swearing and abuse and not enough on the hapless politicians running around which I enjoyed. That's obviously a direct consequence of the storyline, but I preferred the normal episodes where Hugh's running around desperately chasing today's chosen spin.

I hope once they get back to a proper season that that will switch back again. Although I did appreciate the way they widened the sphere into how the press are running round without a clue, too.

There were 2 series of three episodes each with Chris Langham. They're out on DVD now. Then there was the christmas special one off and this one off. Although apparently there is another series coming.

I bloody missed Tuesday's so I'm going to have to download it.